ten

ACT TWO; SCENE TEN —
TRAINING

IT HAD BEEN four whole years since Dolores and the Pevensie's have had to prepare themselves for battle—the memories that came flooding back were ones they'd prefer to keep in the past. Either way, a war was coming, and there was nothing anyone could say or do to prevent it, now all they could occupy themselves with was training. Nothing but fucking training for god knows how long, until Astrvil bring their troops over to Narnia, but not a single soul knows when that shall be. A week, a month, a year, it's undetermined.

As promised, Dolores had set up a training ground outside of the castle for those who will partake in such a battle. Everyone was already on task, there was no time for slouching or any 'I can't be bothered(s)', they had to focus on what had been set for them, and work on that, and only that. Seven o'clock in the morning, right up till seven o'clock at night, that's twelve whole hours of doing nothing but preparing for a war.

As mentioned the previous day, Lucy would take a group of Narnian's and practice their dagger throwing skills, Dolores and Susan would take another bunch and work on their archery. And finally, Edmund and Peter would help those in need of assistance with their swords. The remaining Narnian's were ready to be of use to when needed, such as preparing the armour for battle, readying the troops and where they shall stand etc.

Dolores, the experienced archery trainer, diligently instructs her trainees on the art of using a bow and arrow. "Place the arrow onto the bow." She commanded, watching each creature closely in case of any mistakes. "Now pull the string back." Each Narnian complied, doing just as their Queen had said. "And release!"

As each arrow is released into the air, a mix of emotions fills the atmosphere. Dolores watches attentively, her eyes following the trajectory of each arrow. Some arrows soar gracefully, hitting their mark with precision, eliciting a sense of accomplishment. However, there are also moments of disappointment when arrows veer off course, missing the intended target.

Frustration flickers across Dolores' face, a testament to her high standards and unwavering dedication. Yet, despite her frustration, Dolores remains steadfast in her mission to guide and nurture her trainees' skills. She offers patient guidance, breaking down the technique into manageable steps, and providing encouragement to those who need it. Her unwavering belief in her people's potential shines through, as she strives to transform each not-so-good shot into an opportunity for growth and improvement. For now, Dolores and Susan had to stand as a beacon of determination, inspiring those around them to persevere and reach their full potential in the ancient art of archery.

"Not bad." Susan said, her arms now folded over one another. "But there's still room for improvement, big improvement that is. You all need to focus on the task thoroughly, as I can see you're all a bit distracted. But whether we do good on this or not determines people's existence, lives are at stake here. So do not mess around."

"Susan's right. If we want to win this battle, which I can assure you we will if we fight strategically, then you all have to do as we say, and exactly how we say it without any of you daydreaming." Dolores added, walking as she spoke to stand by her friend. "Now, again."

As expected, Dolores, Susan and their group decided to give it another go with another round of arrows. This time, there was a noticeable improvement compared to the first round. The Narnian's seemed more focused and determined, their aim more steady. The arrows flew through the air with greater precision, getting closer to the target. However, perfection remained elusive.