six

ACT ONE; SCENE SIX —
SORROWFUL

THE WALK WAS RATHER FASCINATING as the five began heading towards wherever Lucy insisted they were going; Mr Tumnus' residence (wherever that was). The youngest Pevensie of course led the group as she was the only one who had any source of idea of where the faun lies, the rest trailing along behind her.

The only time the group ever really took a stop was for a quick (but fun) snowball fight in which funnily enough ended in the girls taking the victory, Dolores taking the winning hit obviously. It was no doubt the girls took the win, it was practically a one vs three, Edmund left Peter to do all the work whilst he sat on the snow in a strop, sulking about the sudden game when all that seemed to raise his interests was wanting to "explore" for some reason.

Peter and Susan were bickering over literally anything, most likely Susan wanting to leave this place as she fears something bad may happen, leaving Dolores to walk alone. That was until she caught up with Edmund of course, at first she didn't particularly take a liking to the boy nor his choice of words but overtime she'd grown to enjoy his presence, although she would never admit that. In all fairness, any company was better than nothing, even if it does so happen to be Edmund Pevensie's company.

"Do you need something?" he asked never taking his eyes off of the path ahead of him, refusing every opportunity to take a look at the girl. It wasn't as if he didn't want to take a few glances at Dolores, God he'd do it every second if he could, however, he didn't want anyone coming to any sort of conclusion so he thought it would be best to keep his distance.

Dolores raised an eyebrow, folding her arms over one another, "First of all, I do not need anything. And second of all you're all that's left, I thought you'd like some company from your favourite girl." As she said this, in a sarcastic way of course, she chuckled at him as she saw his cheeks flush red, "You just so happen to be the last resort."

"Oh it's a pleasure to know that it wasn't a choice to accompany me." Edmund huffed, openly rolling his eyes at the now aggravated female, "I don't want to talk with you if you're going to be like that"

"I never suggested talking Edmund, and please don't go cold towards me, it was only a joke I promise, stop being so insensitive. But fair enough, if my presence is not welcomed, I will not stay where i'm not wanted." she smiled slowing down her pace in order for her to fall behind the group, not slow enough to which she was quite some distance away from the five, she still remained relatively close.

For some odd reason the girl taking her leave somehow made Edmund's heart ache — of course he felt more than guilty for pushing her away and becoming a total pain once again towards her, but he couldn't exactly help it as in this moment in time, his mind was elsewhere.

For the remaining length of the journey the family (plus Dolores) never particularly spoke to one another, they were all just focusing on the trip they so happened to be taking. That was until Lucy began growing overly exited about seeing her new friend again, causing her to explain to the entire group, who weren't exactly taking any interest in what she was saying, about how lovely and welcoming the faun happens to be, " . . . lots and lots of lovely food, and we'll have lots of . . . " the girl stopped in her tracks almost instantly, her face dropping at the sight in front of her.

"Lu?" Peter questioned, wondering why his sister took a sudden halt.

Without another thought Lucy found her feet heading straight for the house ahead of her, her breath unintentionally hitching with each step she took.