twelve

ACT ONE; SCENE TWELVE —
REUNITED

THE REST OF THE EVENING was awfully tiresome for Dolores as expected, which is exactly why from the moment Aslan had presented the children their sleeping chambers, well more like tents, she was knocked out cold. The second her head hit that pillow it felt as if her mind had just completely shut itself off — it seemed as if her brain couldn't even function itself enough to even accompany her with a dream, it was as if that too had no energy.

Either way she was asleep for what only felt an hour or two at most, clearly not enough time for the day she had been provided with prior to her nap, yet in reality it turns out she actually slept throughout the entire night. Morning was nearing causing Dolores to awaken from her beauty sleep, although it wasn't quite time for all to rise from their sleep just yet meaning Dolores would be left alone for a while, or though she thought.

She yawned as she rubbed her eyes to clear her vision before swinging her legs out of her bed and carefully placing them onto the floor, her feet sliding their way into the boots Mrs Beaver had kindly left out for her the night before. Dolores stretched as she stood, wandering over to the closed flaps of the tent doors. Luckily for her she was provided with her own tent whereas Susan and Lucy were forced to share — not like they minded it, and Peter was soon to share with Edmund once he returned, that was if he returned.

She stepped out of her chamber, the fact that the sunlight shone down on her almost instantly made her smile — it was so beautiful how their rays could light up one's skin and make them glisten in all its glory. Dolores turned her head from left to right in hopes to find a friend to talk to, unfortunately, Susan, Lucy and Peter were no where to be seen so she presumed they were still sleeping. Although, this only meant she had to accompany herself for the time being.

Her feet dragged themselves, one foot in front of the other until she noticed a familiar looking lion sat peacefully upon one of the cliffs. This sighting alone was yet again another thing to make her smile pop, he looked so graceful, as if this one creature alone was blessed by the heavens. She began contemplating with herself whether or not it would be a good idea to walk over to him considering he may be at rest, however, after a few minutes of hesitation she finally hauled up enough self confidence to strut her way over to where he lay.

It was as if he signalised her presence already before she even reached his side considering he startled her a little with his voice, "What took you so long? You've been standing in the same spot for quite some time, child." he chuckled as he turned his face towards her. The girl smiled and plopped herself down by his side to rest her hand upon his mane before she began to gently stroke it.

"I'm sorry, Aslan. I just didn't know whether you wanted a bit of company or not, so I just stood there unsure on what to do." she explained, her hand running through his locks. She too let out a little chuckle, "Can I ask you something?"

"Anything." he whispered, relaxing against her soft touch. "Although I may already know what your question could possibly be about, you want to ask me about Alvinia and why I announced you as her daughter. Am I correct?"

Dolores nodded, "If it's not too much to ask for that is, it's just I would really like to know more about my parents I guess. That's if you are permitted to tell me of course." she sighed, continuing on with her hand movements.

"As I quoted yesterday, it shall all come to you in time, dear one. But I suppose I can provide you with some information, first of all your Mother, Alvinia, was a star. To you my child it may seem rather shocking, but your Mother is a Narnian meaning you too are also half Narnian, hence your prophecy." he explained, once again looking up at her, "And your Father, Thomas, he was a lovely man, you would have loved him if you ever got the chance to meet him. However, he was in fact human. Now, that is all I can tell you for now."