five

ACT ONE; SCENE FIVE —
NARNIA?

DOLORES FOUND HERSELF doing a full three sixty turn as she admired the trees around her, every branch laced with its very own pile of snow along with the ground beneath her. Everything about this place just felt so magical, something like nothing before, it was hard to explain but never once in her thirteen years of living had she ever encountered a place so peaceful yet so full of life.

The air was crisp and chilly, and the trees were adorned with delicate icicles that sparkle in the sunlight. As you walked through this magical land, you can hear the satisfying crunch of snow beneath your feet. It's like stepping into a winter wonderland, where everything feels serene and peaceful. It's truly a breathtaking sight.

The snowflakes fall gently from the sky, creating a soft, hushed atmosphere. The trees are draped in a delicate layer of frost, their branches reaching towards the heavens. The landscape sparkles with the reflection of sunlight on the pristine snow, creating a magical, ethereal glow. It's a place where time seems to stand still, and you can't help but be in awe of its beauty. It's a vision to behold.

"Impossible." Susan muttered in disbelief.

Dolores turned back around to be met by two very confused faces, almost as confused as she was, Susan and Peter who appeared to have fallen backwards onto the snow, however Lucy and Edmund on the other hand, they seemed far too casual with this, "Where do you suppose we are?"

"I already explained to you guys! We're in Narnia!" Lucy squealed upon feeling exited to finally be back in this place, Dolores wasn't surprised by her excitement, she must admit she was feeling rather euphoric as well.

"Oh my."

Lucy grinned feeling the need to shoot back at her with a sarcastic remark, "Don't worry, i'm sure it's just your imagination."

Peter chuckled slightly, "I don't suppose, saying we're sorry, would quite cut it."

"No, it wouldn't." Lucy sighed trying to come across as upset with the four, however she was planning something, something none of them had the slightest idea about. She pulled her arm out from behind her and threw a snowball causing it to land in the centre of Peter's face, a laugh escaping her lips as she spoke, "But that might!"

Soon enough all three of them, Lucy, Susan and Peter had engrossed themselves in a game of a snowball fight whereas Dolores just stood and watched from afar — or more specifically, watched Edmund.

A source of comfort washed through her body as the faint sound of giggling could be heard just ahead of her by the three siblings. She began contemplating with herself whether she should join in on their small game considering it was where the rain of laughter was arousing from or whether she should be more careful and remain where she was, you never know what could happen, even some of the prettiest places aren't what they seem, the snow could be diseased for all she knew.

Instead she found herself where she belonged, by Edmunds side as she turned to him and smiled, "It's so beautiful here, I wonder who lives here, I know if I did i'd never get bored."

"Like you." Edmund muttered, only quiet enough for himself to hear though considering he didn't exactly intend on making things awkward once again between himself and Dolores.