Poseidon V/S Tiamat

...

Poseidon Pov

I looked at Tiamat who moved forward unaffected by the attacks of Amara and others, her Endurance had further increased by several times at least, and her Divinity as well. Her beast Authorities have become stronger, testament of her ability to shrug off attacks that previously dealt damage to her.

Her Self-Seal has broken as well making it harder than to kill her. Essentially, she dealt damage to herself every turn of her attack or defense making her actual vitality weaker than it was supposed to be, previously it was 90% meaning she only had 10-20% of her actual health at any given moment, such self-harm stemmed from her motherly instincts.

' The Gods of this era were fools to abandon such a gentle and loving mother ', I snickered, absolutely disgusted of them. If in future I was to meet them, then I will kill those useless maggots. I looked at Tiamat who had been degenerated to her current form, a beast who only knows to destroy humanity for the sake of being not getting abandoned again, for not dying.

' Truly laughable ', I thought as I glanced at my army of summons who have arrived here, Tiamat's agility has been boosted so she had covered more than half of the previous distance between herself and Uruk, she had already poured extreme amounts of black mud which continously birthed new Lahmus.

" Artoria, Jeanne, it's time I begin my fight. Don't try to foolishly die, especially you", I said as I looked at Jeanne who pouted," I am not foolish! Lord Poseidon that's mean!", she retorted, and I flicked my finger on her forehead," Ouch!", she looked at me with teary eyes, and I said," You could have avoided it, but you didn't. You are a fool, a lovable fool", she rubbed her forehead and nodded with slight blush.

" My Liege, do you require any help?", Artoria asked with eagerness in her voice, she definitely wanted to fight alongside me, I smiled and said," Well I tell you if I need any help", seeing her slightly sad I gave her a pat before diving down. My army of summons marched towards the millions of Lahmus, and I commanded," Annihilate them!", my voice resounded through the ears of my summons whose speed increased.

A torrent of spells was released from behind me moving towards the coming army and struck the Lahmus, the summons limited to the mobility on the ground went against the crawling Lahmus, clashing against them. Sound of slashes filled my ears like a melody as Lahmus' blood spilled around, the flying Lahmus were burned either in the Holy Light of the Angels or under the attacks of the Elementals.

"~Anghhhhh!!~", Tiamat screeched as her eyes fixated on me, our eyes met, her pink eyes looked into my blue eyes, and I looked into her pink eyes. A familiar feeling seemed to come to me, reminding me of a vague figure in my memories. I knew whose it was," Mother", I said with a voice filled with so much emotion, that I myself felt a tad shocked.

Tiamat's movement stopped hearing my words, I closed my eyes recalling everything, how we brothers and sisters were born to Cronos and Rhea, on how our father hearing a prophecy ate us, and we were saved by Zeus later on. My experiences made me extremely apathic to everyone, except Rhea.

At first, I had no emotions to her whatsoever, but she crept into my heart and told me about the only way for us to survive was to unite together, that Gods should trust together... She was a fool, for she was betrayed by the very Goddesses she trusted and killed. I hated the very thought of depending on someone because of it, maybe it was the promise she made me do it, that I never went against Zeus, more so after understanding he was just a battle junkie fool, and due to Hades.

I opened my eyes, barely a tenth of the second has passed, and Tiamat's movement which had halted for a brief moment began again. It was for barely two seconds, but for us it felt like dozens of minutes. I looked at her and washed away all the thoughts I had. She indeed reminded me of my mother, maybe because of the sheer motherly love she held, but she was my enemy and in the end, I had to kill her.