Chapter 32

----------------------------------------------

-In Rashta's Room-

----------------------------------------------

-Third Person POV-

Sovieshu and Rashta walked inside her room and sat down as a maid bowed to them and left the room leaving them to talk, once the door clicked shut "Rashta your child cannot be a Prince or a Princess." Sovieshu said making Rashta face him with a confused look "What do you mean? But it's Your Majesty's child. Doesn't that mean the child becomes a Prince or a Princess by default?" She asked and he shook his head "That only applies to children of the Empress. Children of Mistresses do not get the title of Prince or Princess." He said making Rashta surprised at this "Then, what about our child?" She quickly asked wanting to know the answer. "Your child will be a high-ranking noble and treated as a member of the Imperial Family." Sovieshu said and Rashta had to hide her anger at him just saying her child 'How dare he say just my child!? Maybe it was a mispronunciation, yeah that's it.' Rashta thought before she spoke up "I think it's odd, Your Majesty. The children born to me and the children born to the Empress are equally of your bloodline. The Empress is an Empress Consort and not an Empress in her own right. So then, why is it that only her children get to be royalty?" Rashta asked. "Because that's the law." Sovieshu said making Rashta stare at him with an annoyed look "The law is clearly not fit for purpose. Your Majesty can change it. I don't understand why our child has to have its royal title taken away by some child that may or may not come along one day." Rashta said expressing her dislike to knowing her child won't be royalty "You may not understand it, but this has been stipulated by the Great Temple, so not even I can change it on my own. So do not talk about your child being a Prince or Princess in front of other people." Sovieshu said having a small glare at Rashta.

'He said 'your child' again!? What is going on with him? This is our child! I must do something to make him realize this is our child...' Rashta thought.

Rashta looked up at him tears in her eyes "Your Majesty...But It's Your Majesty's child..." Rashta mumbled tears falling down her cheeks and onto her dress, as she gripped her dress, Sovieshu patted her back turning his gaze onto her "I will love and cherish the child and even bestow immense riches and power upon him or her. And everyone will know it's my child even if he or she can't be called Prince or Princess." Sovieshu said making Rashta's tears stream down her face more as she looked down with a pout. "The only thing that child won't be able to have is a legal title and succession rights. So there is no need for you to be disappointed or feel it will miss out on anything. Do you understand?" Sovieshu asked facing Rashta making her turn her head away from his gaze not wiping the tears that continued to stream down her face not answering him, Sovieshu sighed not liking what he was about to say but to keep her somewhat happy "If the Empress is infertile and can't have a baby, then that's a different story." Sovieshu said. This comment gained Rashta's attention making her turn back to him her gaze on him "What do you mean?" She asked wiping some tears off her face but they kept running down her cheeks "Then the Empress will adopt your baby...And that child will become a Prince or a Princess." Sovieshu said shocking Rashta, soon he stood up and walked out the door letting the maid back inside the room leaving Rashta with her thoughts on the conversation they just had which left Rashta feeling sad and angry.

Rashta lifted her legs onto the couch hugging her knees 'I can't believe my children won't be royals even though they'll also be the Emperor's offspring. It's so unfair. This is all because I'm not the Empress...' Rashta thought making her start to weep again tears ran down her face, and a small sob came out of her mouth which gained the attention of the maid inside the room "Lady Rashta..." The maid said quickly going over to her and going onto her knees in front of Rashta tears in her eyes crying with Rashta "Don't cry, Lady Rashta." The maid said as Rashta continued to sob trying to wipe the tears away they continued to fall down her cheeks. "I'm grateful to be loved by the Emperor even though I was born a commoner. But my baby...It will be the Emperor's child from birth. Can you imagine how upset it will feel if it isn't treated as such? Even if the Empress gives birth to a child, it will still be younger than my baby." Rashta said and looked down as she kept crying "My child will be so sad and its pride will be hurt if it sees that its younger sibling will be a Prince or Princess while my child will be treated as beneath them." Rashta said and the maid quickly went to comfort her. "Don't worry too much, Lady Rashta. Her Majesty has yet to have a baby even though it's been years since she came of age." The maid said gaining Rashta's attention "I got pregnant right away." She said making the maid nod "Exactly. It's now been proven that there is no issue with His Majesty, so it's likely that the issue is with Her Majesty. So my Lady's child will eventually be adopted by the Empress." The maid said this made Rashta look up with an angry look 'I can't believe this! Just cause I'm not Empress my child won't be royalty...' Rasht thought gripping her dress.

' Rasht thought gripping her dress

.

.

.