Chapter 17

----------------------------------------------

-In The Hallway-

----------------------------------------------

-Third Person's POV-

Navier was walking in the hallway to the dining hall when she spotted Rashta "Good afternoon, Your Majesty." Rashta said as she curtsied and Navier nodded to her in acknowledgment "Good afternoon." Navier said as she passed by Rashta but stopped when Rashta called out to her "Um...Your Majesty." Navier turned to her "What is it?" Navier asked making Rashta hesitant to answer.

"Um...Your Majesty already has Prince Heinrey as a close friend." Rashta said while fidgeting with her hands "So...I'd appreciate it if you could leave Duke Ergi alone." Rashta said making Navier scoff "What?" Navier said surprised 'He's the one who approached me!' She thought.

"Duke Ergi was the only one who believed me and took my side when I was backed into a corner." Rashta said quickly as Navier looked at her unamused "So what's your point?" Navier asked "I meant nothing by it...P-Please don't take this the wrong way. I think that Your Majesty has a lot of friends...So you don't need to take my only friend away from me..." Rashta said as she was becoming shy and hesitant.

"Indeed. Don't worry. Duke Ergi isn't my friend." Navier said which made Rashat beam with happiness.

"And it's like you said." Navier said confusing Rashta "What do you mean?" She asked "You wanted something that belonged to me or my sister, but we don't want anything of yours. I'm not desperate enough to steal from others, neither is Angelica." Navier said walking away before Rashta could say anything.

----------------------------------------------

-In The Dinning Room-

----------------------------------------------

-Navier's POV-

Me and Sovieshu ate in silence until he spoke up "Empress. Would you mind lending me the Flower Of The Desert?" He asked making me look up at him "The Flower Of The Desert?" I mumbled to myself 'That's  the ring that the trader who had traveled to Luipt gave him.' I thought.

"If Your Majesty is after an enchanted ring with healing properties, I beleive you already have one in your possession." I said as he didn't look at me "That's true, but I don't have it now." Soveishu said as I grabbed my napkin  "Do you need it, Your Majesty?" I asked him.

"I want to lend it to someone who has injured their hands briefly. I promise I'll return it, so let me just borrow it for a while." He said as I thought 'Angelica's hands are as soft as silk so it can't be her...Then it's...' I then spoke up with an unamused tone "I see. It seems Rashta's hands must feel rough to the touch, unlike Angelica's." I said making him flinch surprised.

"How did you..." Sovieshu mumbled.

"You said it was for someone else. I doubt you would lend it to a noble and Angelica's hands have been soft as silk for a while. If you're certain it will be returned, that means it must be for someone who is under your control. Which obviously that's it's for Rashta." I said wiping my mouth with a napkin. Sovieshu looked away from me as I rolled my eyes without him noticing "I can lend it to you" I said making him look at me surprised as I spoke again "Under one condition" He turned his gaze onto me "What is it?" He asked me making me look up at him "I want you to lend me one of your magical items in return. I might want to lend it to someone else later. " I said.