Chapter 9

----------------------------------------------

'In Angelica's Room'

----------------------------------------------

-Angelica's POV-

"Ugh, I can't believe that tramp decided almost to imitate the Empress! She infuriates me," Lady Diane said as she paced around the room, while Lady Cecilia was in my closet picking out an outfit for the day.

"Well, I do agree, but we can't do anything. We just got to go with the play our lady has made." Lady Cecilia said as she turned to me, "Have you thought about what to do next, My Lady?" Cecilia asked, looking over at me.

I put my head in my hands as I thought, "I need some dirt on Rashta—something that's from her life as a slave or now. Hmm, see what you can find about her life as a slave and/or her owner," I said, turning to Diane and Cecilia as they both nodded. "I'll make sure she falls right into my trap like a mouse," I said as I smirked.

 "I'll make sure she falls right into my trap like a mouse," I said as I smirked

----------------------------------------------

'In Rashta's Room'

----------------------------------------------

-Rashta's POV-

"What? I can't go to the special banquet." I said in a sad tone as Sovieshu pulled me close to him, "We can only invite 20 guests to the special banquet."The Empress and I have already sent invitations to ten guests each. Besides, I don't think Angelica will be there either, so you won't be alone." He said. I pulled his arm toward me. "Can't you squeeze in one more guest, Your Majesty? Surely you can make an exception," I asked him, and he shook his head. "The Special Banquet won't be special anymore if I allow exceptions." Sovieshu said as he patted my head lovingly. I looked up at him "I told people at the party that I'd also be attending the special banquet." I said.

He had a nervous look on his face "Ah, you should have asked me first." He told me.

I looked down as tears filled my eyes. "I thought it would be strange to ask when it should be given since I am Your Majesty Mistress, just like Angelica," I said, and the tears fell on my cheeks as I cried. "But you're still not saying I can go." He looked so surprised that I started to cry. "I'm sorry, Rashta. Don't cry." He said as he wiped my tears away and sighed, "Very well. "I'll... ask the Empress if you can go instead of one of her guests." He said that and called the Empress into the room. I laid down on a long couch while Sovieshu sat down next to me. Soon Empress Navier walked in, and we both turned to her. "You asked to see me about the special banquet?" She asked Sovieshu I looked up at her crown and was amazed at how sparkly it was. "Wow..." I mumbled, 'That will soon be mine' I thought as Sovieshu got up and walked over to the Empress.