Chapter 15

-One Week Later-

-----------------------------------------------

-Outside-

------------------------------------------------

-Third Person's POV-

All the servants, Navier's Ladies-In-Waiting stood outside as the sound of horse hooves was heard and came to a stop as Sovieshu and Navier stepped out of the carriage and Rashta came dashing at Sovieshu "Your Majesty!" She yelled running into his arms and hugging him as tears fell.

Navier looked at them as Rashta turned her gaze onto Navier for a moment before looking away Navier turned walking away with Countess Eliza and Laura "Have someone bring over the backlog of paperwork" Navier said as Countess Eliza nodded "Yes, Your Majesty" She said.

'Coming back from the Villa...I had to catch up on all my work as well as taking on some of Sovieshu's work while he recovered, but Angelica did help a little even though she was still learning. So the next few days went by in a blur. Sovieshu hasn't been making any outrageous requests on Rashta's behalf lately...' Navier thought Rubbing her head.

'If only it stayed this way...'

-----------------------------------------------

-In The Crystal House/ Duchess Tuania's Tea Party-

-----------------------------------------------

-Angelica's Dress, Hairstyle and Accessories-

----------------------------------------------

-Third Person's POV-

'There is a small mansion called "Crystal House" not far from the main palace. In the past, it was where the Emperor's Mistresses resided...But it's now a venue the nobles can rent for events.' Navier thought as she put a slice of cake on her plate "Sorry I'm late!" Angelica said as she walked over to Navier and Duchess Tuania "It's not a problem, Lady Angelica. Please take a seat I'm glad you accepted my invite" Duchess Tuania said with a smile and Angelica sat down and a free seat next to Navier. "I would never pass up the chance, Duchess Tuania" Angelica said as she took a piece of cake onto her plate "Oh dear, It seems I'm late." A voice said approaching the table making Duchess Tuania and Navier turn to see Duke Egri walking over with Rashta behind him looking amazed at the tea party. Duke Egri kneeled in front of Navier "Your Majesty. It's an honor to finally meet you" He said kissing Navier's hand "Are you Duke Egri Claude?" Navier asked, "I'm amazed you knew who I was right away." He said standing up as Rashta stood in front of Navier awkwardly "Good afternoon, Your Majesty." She said as Duchess Tuania looked at them "I didn't know that you would be coming with Lady Rashta." She said. "I thought that it would be helpful for her to attend a party hosted by a social butterfly like yourself. You don't mind, do you?" Duke Egri asked as Duchess Tuania shook her head and sat back down and Duke Egri and Rashta sat in front of Navier and Angelica.

'If I leave now...It will be the talk of the town for at least a week' Navier thought as she picked up her teacup.

"By the way, have you heard the news about Baron River?" Duchess Tuania asked the nobles "I have. He's finally divorcing the Duchess after he kept asking her to accept his illegitimate child as his heir." A Nobleman said as a Noble Lady spoke "As you know, the Duchess is from the Duchy Of Krom. I heard she went back to the Duchy with the children." The Nobleman turned to her "Isn't Baroness Riven Lady Alessia's younger sister?" He asked making them nod.

"What is Lady Alessia doing these days?" 

"This is something I heard before the New Year's Ceremony, but..."

Rashta turned to a Noblemen next to her "Who is Lady Alissia?" She asked making the Nobleman turn to her "She's like your predecessor." He said as Rashta tilted her head "My predecessor?" She asked and he nodded "She was the Mistress of His Majesty, the late Emperor." He said. "Ah...If Lady Alissia's sister is a Duchess, does that mean she's a noblewoman?" Rashta asked, "Yes, Lady Alissia caught the eye of His Majesty the late Emperor at a ball." The Nobleman said as Rashta gave a smile hearing this "Then what is Lady Alissia doing now?" She asked curiously as Navier stared at Rashta before taking a sip of her tea. 'Lady Alissia...I remember her growing up even though the previous Empress and Duchess Trovi didn't want me or Navier to talk to any of the previous Emperor's Mistresses, I still felt connected to her in some way. She had a...motherly feeling to her...' Angelica thought as she ate a piece of her cake "I heard she was kicked out of the palace. It was very unfortunate." Duke Egri said making Rashta turn her gaze to him. "The late Emperor grew tired of her very quickly. She was in the Emperor's favor for a much shorter period compared to the other Mistresses. And it all ended quite badly..." As Duke Egri spoke Rashta's eyes widened and she took a peek at Angelica, who gave Rashta a soft smirk and then turned her gaze onto Navier, who turned away from Rashta's gaze.

Rashta then composed herself and went back to her happy and cheerful personality "I heard it's common for nobles to have lovers outside of their marriage. So it seems that's true." Rashta said looking at everyone with a smile "Well it's true that there are more married couples who have other lovers than couples who don't. Unless they are a good match like Countess Eliza and her husband that is." A Nobleman said. "Oh my I see, so it's very common," Rashta said "Actually, I was shocked to hear that Duchess Tuania has five lovers. But since that's nothing out of the ordinary...It's like I stepped into a whole new world of-" Rashta was cut off by the sound of a teacup shattering on the ground. Navier quickly turned to see Angelica drop her teacup on the ground shattering it and spilling tea on herself as Duchess Tuania called a servant Rashta kept her surprised face hidden "Lady Angelica are you alr-" Rashta was cut off by Angelica's cold tone. "How unproper of you." She said standing up "I understand you lack basic etiquette and manners, but that is no reason to say such a baseless rumor to someone of high social status. Even if that rumor could be true you have no proof, so do not start a rumor like that without proof. Understood, Lady Rashta?" Angelica said making Rashta flinch at Angelica's tone and nod "Let us call an end to this party. I thank Her Majesty and Lady Angelica for attending." Duchess Tuania said curtsying to Navier then leaving.

Rashta and Duke Egri soon left and Angelica walked over to Navier 'I can tell this won't die down for a while.' Navier thought as she walked away with Angelica.

'Try again, you little rat.' Angelica thought hiding a smile.

' Angelica thought hiding a smile

.

.

.