Chapter 30

-In The Morning-

----------------------------------------------

-Outside-

----------------------------------------------

-Third Person POV-

Navier was walking around the palace's ground hearing all of the gossip going on in the palace and outside of the palace too.

"Wasn't Prince Heinrey also interested in Lady Rashta?"

"I heard that His Majesty and the Prince fought over her before."

"That was all due to His Majesty being jealous over the Prince being Lady Rashta's pen pal." 

"The Prince must be very heartbroken right now, after the loss of his brother and Lady Rashta becoming pregnant."

'Grand Duke Kaufman has returned to Luipt, and now all that's left in this palace are ridiculous rumors. He did send me books written in Luiptian...So perhaps I should find solace in that.' Navier thought letting out a sigh as a familiar voice spoke to her "What a coincidence. I didn't expect to see you here, your Majesty!" Navier turned to see Viscount Lotteshu who bowed to her "It is an honor." He said as Navier looked at him "Viscount Lotteshu." Navier said and walked away from him taking one last glance at him 'I've heard he's been making frequent visits to the palace lately. Is he here to see Rashta? I thought there would be a lot of animosity between the two. Perhaps she really is being blackmailed.' Navier thought not seeing Viscount Lotteshu looking at her with a smirk.

----------------------------------------------

-In Rashta's Room-

----------------------------------------------

-Third Person POV-

"I ran into the Empress on my way here. I could tell she's cut from a different cloth than you, just like Lady Angelica." Viscount Lotteshu said standing in front of Rashta as she had an annoyed face and sulked "What do you mean?" She asked him Viscount Lotteshu gave her a smile "Even the look in her eyes is regal, same with Lady Angelica." Viscount Lotteshu said making Rashta a little annoyed "Hmmph, are you saying I'm not regal?" Rashta asked, "I don't know. Maybe after 20 years of palace life, you might reach that level someday. Of course, that's only if you haven't been kicked out before then." He said taunting Rashta which made her clench her fist together "How dare you!" She exclaimed in anger. Rashta gritted her teeth together "Why are you even here? I gave you 500,000 crans not long ago." Rashta said, "It's a vase property and I have a large household, so I need to hire a lot of servants." He said which made Rashta confused "Large household? There's only the two of you." Rashta said making Viscount Lotteshu smirk at her "What do you mean by two?" He said in a sassy tone making Rashta more annoyed with him "Who else is there beside you and the baby?" Rashta asked then it clicked in her mind "You can't possibly have...!" She said making Viscount Lotteshu have a smirk on his face as Rashta soon figured out what he meant.

"Why, do you want to see my son again for old times' sake?" Viscount Lotteshu asked taunting as Rashta gritted her teeth and shouted at him "That's not what we agreed!" Viscount Lotteshu looked at her unamused "For heaven's sake, there's no problem as long as I don't introduce the baby to society, is there?" He asked, "What about Alan and Lebetti?! Are they never going to set foot outside of the house?! What if your son and daughter go around blurting things out about me to high society?" Rashta asked in anger Viscount Lotteshu exhaled "My children don't even know that you are the Emperor's first Mistress. Even if they did, all I need to do is order them not to say a word. Don't worry Alan is the father of your son. He will keep quiet for the child's sake at the very least" He said. Rashta started to tremble in anger "It couldn't be helped. Alan is a doting father to Ian. I couldn't bring myself to separate the two." Viscount Lotteshu said and Rashta looked up at him hearing him say the name Ian "Ian?" Rashta asked and Viscount Lotteshu faced his gaze onto her "That's your son's name. Do you like it?" He asked her with a smirk as Rashta looked at him with an annoyed/worried look on her face "Don't you want to see your child?" Viscount Lotteshu asked her and she was quiet at first before looking away "I don't" She mumbled and heard Viscount Lotteshu snicker "Feel free to tell me whenever you change your mind." He said walking out of the room.

Rashta paced around the room 'I...I really love my child. That's why I endured all of the pain! But...But then, the Viscount...! And now he tells me that the baby is actually alive...And is being raised by Alan at that?' Rashta thought as she gritted her teeth in anger 'I'm trying to live a new life now...But that baby is holding me back!' Rashta's eyes widened as she imagined what the baby looked like all healthy and tears filled her eyes as she fell to the ground covering her face as she started to cry "I'm sorry, my darling..." She said in between cries "I'm sorry..." She said again as she kept crying.

----------------------------------------------

-In Navier's Room-

----------------------------------------------

-Third Person POV-

Navier sat in a chair reading a book as the Ladies-In-Waiting were talking to each other she was in her thoughts as she closed to the book gaining the attention of her Ladies-In-Waiting "We will need to bring gifts for Rashta's child. Has everyone prepared one?" Navier asked turning her gaze to them some said they already had prepared a gift, but Laura looked annoyed at the whole conversation going on "I bought some accessories for the baby that will do, but I might change my mind" Countess Joubert said facing Navier "Have you decided on your gift, Your Majesty?" Countess Eliza asked looking at Navier. "Angelica and I..." Navier was cut off by Laura speaking out "There's no need to give her anything valuable. Can't Her Majesty and Lady Angelica just give her a hat you both knitted or something, Your Majesty!" Laura exclaimed as Countess Eliza faced Laura with a worried look the rest of the ladies had a sweat-dropped look as they looked at Laura "Laura, if she does that, then Her Majesty will become a laughing stock instead." Countess Eliza said, "Why is that? I think it'll be weirder for her to give a good gift." Laura said and Countess Eliza sighed "...Laura." She mumbled Navier had a small smile on her face and sight remembering the gift Angelica recommended they give.

" She mumbled Navier had a small smile on her face and sight remembering the gift Angelica recommended they give

.

.

.