Chapter 10

----------------------------------------------

-(Angelica's Dress, Hairstyle and Accessories)-

----------------------------------------------

'In Rashta's room'

----------------------------------------------

-Third Person's POV-

As Navier walked to the room where Rashta was resting the captain of the royal guard opened the door for her 'I don't want to involve myself any further, but Angelica is there and I must speak to her.' Navier thought as she walked inside the room. Rashta lay on the bed with a cold wet cloth on her forehead as Sovieshu sat on the bed and Angelica was next to him rubbing his back in comfort, Sovieshu then noticed Navier walking in, as did Angelica. "Her Majesty is here to see you. I'll take my leave." The captain said walking out of the room only silence filled the room "Do you have nothing to say to me?" Soveishu asked Navier as Angelica turned to him with an annoyed look at his tone to Navier.

"Why did you ask to see me?" Navier asked him as he spoke up.

"I see you're not concerned by recent events." He said as Navier looked at him 'Is that how it looks to him? I must keep my emotions in check.' Navier thought "I heard what happened to Rashta. I understand Your Majesty is upset, but there is no reason to take it out on me" Navier said. "You were born as the daughter of a high-ranking noble family. You have wealth, power, wit, and beauty. And now you are Empress. In comparison, Rashta started with nothing. She is clever and beautiful, but she never had the opportunity to benefit from her gifts. She's finally starting to dream of things she could never have before meeting me" Sovishu said. Navier gripped her dress hearing him list off things 'And she's also taken my sister's lover.' Navier thought as her gaze went onto Angelica who held anger in her eyes, Navier took a breath and fixed her gaze back onto Sovieshu "Rashta is your Mistress, so you are responsible for her. She's outside of my responsibility." Navier said.

"I don't expect you to be responsible for her, but can't you leave her be? Yesterday, you insulted her in front of Prince Heinrey on purpose." Sovieshu exclaimed to Navier "I was simply stating what I knew, as I was aware of the truth" Navier said back to him "Are you saying Rashta lied?" He asked her "You are the one who believes her innocence, not me." Navier told him. "And today, you invited Viscount Lotteshu because you wanted to prove she was a runaway slave!" He angrily told Navier "I'm afraid I have no idea what you mean." Navier said, "You were in charge of inviting the guests to the New Year's Ceremony!"He said Navier looked at him with a stern gaze "The invitations were issued several weeks before Rashta arrived at the palace." Navier told him. "You should have been considerate and canceled the invitation." He said while he clenched his fist and Navier looked back at him keeping her stern face "You should have done that yourself" She said Sovieshu shook his head.