Chapter 13

The Day Before Navier's Birthday

-----------------------------------------------

'Outside'

------------------------------------------------

-Navier's POV-

I was walking over to the carriage with my Lady-In-Waiting Countess Joubert I spotted Sovieshu there with no luggage near him 'Why doesn't he have any luggage or attendants with him?' I thought as he turned his gaze to me "Some urgent business came up. Can you go ahead of me?" Soviehus asked looking down at me. I looked at him back "If it's serious, we can cancel the trip" I said making him shake his head "It won't take that long. Go ahead and relax at the Villa, and I will join you as soon as I finish" He said I nodded and walked inside the carriage sitting down as Countess Joubert sat down in front of me, soon the carriage took off.

I opened a book I was holding and started to read it as the carriage rattled a bit "I hope Your Majesties will be able to repair your relationship on this trip" I heard Countess Joubert say which made me stop reading "Nobles can get divorced if they judge the consequences as worthwhile..." She said as I looked up at her. "But are you saying that's not an option for me?" I asked as she nodded "No matter how angry you are with His Majesty, you can't ask for a divorce first." She said as I closed my book looking back up at her "So you want me to mend our relationship since it's impossible to get a divorce." I said making her nod.

"..." I didn't say anything and just looked outside.

'Does she feel bad for me because I can't divorce him? But even if I could divorce Sovieshu, I wouldn't want to. My goal in life ever since I was young was to become an Empress and I was educated accurately.' I thought as the sun started setting while I looked at it. 'So I can put up with this match, but I have Angelica who knows how to play her cards at the right time and place for the right reason and occasion. But one thing I won't be able to accept...Is it if all the hard work me and Angelica put in is stolen by Rashta? Angelica has been trying to fix this by removing Rashta, but what if it doesn't work? What will she do...' I thought.

----------------------------------------------

-Angelica's Dress, Hairstyle and Accessories-

-----------------------------------------------

'In Angelica's room/In The Hallway'

------------------------------------------------

-Angelica's POV-

"The Empress has left for her birthday trip to the Imperial Villa, Lady Angelica," Diane said bowing as I started out the window seeing Navier's carriage ride away "Hm, perfect. I don't want her to get in the way for now." I said and walked away from the window "His Majesty, where is he?" I asked turning to her "He is in his room." Diane said.

I smirked, "I shall visit him then." I said walking out of my room as I was walking I spotted Rashta 'Perfect' I thought as I put on a smile "Rashta!" I called out to her she turned around to me and flinched before covering it up with a smile "Oh, hello. What brings you down here?" Rashta asked with a smile.

"Oh, I'm going to visit, His Majesty." I said as I said that she beamed "Rashta is too! Let us go together!" She said taking my hand as we walked to his room 'She sure knows how to act, a little too well' I thought as we were walking Rashta spoke up "What do you think of the Duchess of Tuania?" I turned to her and soon smiled softly "Duchess Tuania? I think she's a beauty and a well-honored noble in the Empire. I've only talked to her two times, but she considers me a friend" I said.

'Well-honored, huh?...' Rashta thought before smirking.

-----------------------------------------------

'In Sovieshu's room/ Outside'

------------------------------------------------

-Third Person's POV-

Rashta soon burst into the room holding something close to her cheast as she smiled "Your Majesty!" She called out as her eyes widened and she blushed "Wow...Your Majesty looks very dashing!" She said as he turned his attention to us and ran over to him as Angelica walked into the room and blushed with a smile. "Isn't it unfair for everyone else if Your Majesty looks this dashing on top of everything else?" Angelica said as Sovieshu smiled at her putting his gaze onto her "Heh you know how to flatter me, Angel." He said as Rashta glared that his attention wasn't on her. "Oh! I just remembered. I want Your Majesty to look at this!" Rashta said holding something in her hand for Sovieshu to see as he looked at it "That's the Bluvohan Crest" He said as her eyes sparkled "Wow! Your Majesty is so smart! You recognized it right away." Rashta said as Angelica walked over.

'He didn't even ask who gave it to me...' Rashta thought.

"But anyway, why do you look so dapper today?" Rashta asked looking up at him as he kissed Angelica's forehead and turned to her holding Angelica close as Rashta hid her jealously well 'That tramp!...' Rashta thought "Didn't I tell you a few days ago that I was going to the Imperial Villa" He said making Rashta nod. "Ah...You said you'd be back the day after tomorrow, right?" Rashta asked as Sovieshi nodded "I did. Rest up both of you while I'm gone." He said walking out as Rashta and Angelica followed "We'll see you off!" Rashta said excitedly. As they walked outside a carriage appeared Rashta looked at the carriage in aw and saw a box inside "Wow. What's that box, Your Majesty? It's pretty." Rashta asked turning to him "It's my gift to the Empress." He said turning to Rashta as she looked up at him "The Empress? She's also going to the villa?" Rashta asked turning to Angelica and then back at Sovieshu. "Yes, the trip is for her birthday, after all." He said as this caught Rashta's attention "I didn't know it was the Empress's birthday." Rashta said as Angelica spoke up making her and Sovieshu turn to Angelica "Sister Navier prefers not to make a big fuss about it. Most people who aren't close to her don't know it's her birthday. " Rashta soon had a glum look on her face. 

"It seems you're unhappy that you didn't know about it until now." Sovieshu said as Rashta nodded "It's because, despite everything, I think of her as my family. I wish I had gotten her something..." Rashta mumbled as Angelica took her hand surprising her "Don't worry! Sister Navier is fine you didn't get her a gift. She mostly says she likes the people around her during her birthday" Angelica said. 'Whatever, it wasn't like I was gonna get her a gift anyway, she's just in my way of being Empress' Rashta thought as she smiled at Angelica Sovieshu smiled at his two lovers getting along "You both have a big heart" He said and got inside the carriage. "Alright then. I'll see you both when I come back." He said as Rashta reached to grab his cape but Angelica pulled her away "Your Majesty, when it's my birthday can we go to the Villa?" She asked him making him nod "Have a safe trip, Your Majesty!" Rashta yelled waving bye as his carriage sped off.

"I'd watch my back" Angelica whispered to Rashta walking back into the castle.

Rashta had a frown on her face as she was in thought but soon slapped her cheeks softly 'I'm sure there's nothing to worry about.' She thought and walked back into the castle walking back to her room 'The Emperor and Empress are in a classic marriage of convenience. I'll have a glass of champagne and go to bed.' Rashta thought as she halted seeing Viscount Lotteshu standing in front of her door smirking.