Chapter Thirty Six

"Sylvie Brett?" asked a doctor as he walked into the hospital room, Sylvie looking up, tears staining her cheeks. "Please tell me everything's okay...." she whimpered, Kelly squeezing her hand tighter. The doctor flipped open his clipboard and looked at the sheet of paper which he had taken all his notes on. "Everything looks good!" he said, Kelly looking at Sylvie confused. "Then how can you explain the blood?!" Kelly asked, the doctor sighing. "The blood that you experienced was left over shreds of your last period. It's common to experience when the baby is in distress" the doctor told them, Sylvie sighing out of relief. "Thank God" she replied putting her hand on her lower belly, Kelly smiling. "When can we get outta here?" Kelly asked the doctor, the doctor handing him a sheet of paper. "Now, just.... Take it easy" the doctor said before leaving, Sylvie standing up and changing from her hospital gown into her clothes, sliding on her shoes. Kelly then hugged her and gripped onto her, Sylvie exhaling air. "That was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders" Sylvie whispered, Kelly rubbing her back. "I'm so glad everything's okay" Kelly said sighing, Sylvie squeezing him tighter. "What do you say? Wanna head home so we can finish what we started?" Sylvie asked in a flirty tone, Kelly pulling back and looking at her, softly kissing her lips. "You know it" he replied back winking, sliding his hand into hers, walking out the ER.
________________________
*SQUAD 3 ASSIST TRUCK 47, 3600 WALBASH CIRCLE* the dispatcher announced, Kelly kissing Sylvie before hopping into the Squad Truck, their driver driving out of the garage. Sylvie watched them until they were no longer in sight, and walked into the Firehouse, sitting on the couch next to Mouch. "So..." Mouch said taking a bite out of a chip, crunching loudly. "You're pregnant?" he asked, Sylvie looking at him, rolling her eyes. "Really Mouch?!" she exclaimed pointing to her lower belly, which was now starting to get a curve. "I couldn't tell...." Mouch said shrugging, Hermann sitting in an arm chair, staring as Mills and Lilly walked into the kitchen, holding hands. Gabby saw this and her eyes went wide. Mills must've saw her because when Gabby looked away, he sighed. "Hey, Dawson..." he said making Gabby look back at him, Matt looking up also. "Can I talk to you for a minute?" he asked, Gabby standing up, flattening out her shirt. "Yeah, sure" she replied following him into the common room, Mills closing the door behind them. "So you and Lilly are???" "Yeah, she's my girlfriend..." Mills said, Gabby nodding understandingly. "So... How long has this been going on?" "Ever since Severide and Brett's wedding, a couple nights ago" Mills answered, Gabby sitting down. "Whoa...." she said placing her hand on her head, Mills looking at her concerned. "Hey, you okay?" he asked kneeling down next to her, Gabby nodding. "Yeah, but can you excuse me for just a minute? I'm gonna grab some water" Gabby said standing up, Mills stopping her. "No, allow me to get it for you" he said but before she could say something, he was already out of the room, walking towards the kitchen.
Gabby looked at the floor and tapped her foot, placing her face into her hands. 'Cmon kid stop making your momma nauseous' she thought to herself just as Mills walked in carrying a cup of water, Lilly following him in. "Thanks" Gabby muttered as she took the cup out of Mills hands, taking a sip, Matt walking into the room. "Is everything okay in here?" he asked, Mills and Lilly looking back, Mills shrugging. "I'll give you two a minute" Mills said grabbing Lilly's hand, walking past Matt and out the door, back to the kitchen. Matt closed the door and sat in the chair next to Gabby's, rubbing her knee. "How're you feeling?" he asked, Gabby looking at him funny. "I feel as if someone had punched me in the gut multiple times" she replied, Matt nodding his head. He then got off the chair and got on his knees in front of Gabby, placing his hands on her lap, Gabby placing her hands over his.
"You know I would trade places with you in a heart beat" Matt said looking her in the eyes, Gabby nodding. "I know..." "Just remember what's coming after this when its all said and done. We'll have a child, a child to call our own" Matt assured her, kissing her forehead, then kissing her belly. "Matt.... Stop" Gabby said harshly, Matt looking up at her confused. "Wait? Why?" he asked noticing Gabby was staring out the window to where the kitchen was located, two men dressed in uniforms standing in front of Chief Boden, holding clipboards. Matt turned his head and saw this, his eyes going wide. "What the heck do they want now?! My badge?!" Matt exclaimed sounding annoyed, Gabby laughing. "Why of course they'd want your badge? You've been a bad boy lately Lieutenant Casey..." Gabby replied back smirking, Matt shooting her back one of his famous smiles, ones that were rarely seen by others.
________________________
"So you came all the way here to tell me that there's been a complaint put on our firehouse?" Chief Boden asked, one of the men nodding, and writing something on the clipboard. "May I ask who this person is?" Chief asked, the man shaking his head. "I'm afraid not. One of your men... Kelly Severide has a complaint against him, concerning some actions that this person has taken personally" the man replied, Matt walking out into the kitchen. "Is something wrong Chief?" Matt asked, one of the officials turning around, smiling at Matt. "Lieutenant Casey, how're you doing?" asked the man as he shaked Matts hand, Matt nodding. "Good and how about you Chief Pridgen?" Matt asked, Chief Pridgen shrugging. "I've been better" he said turning back towards Chief who looked at Matt, his eyes all cloudy. "Is Lieutenant Severide here?" Chief Pridgen asked Chief Boden, Boden shaking his head. "He's currently out on an assisting call. He should be back soon" Chief replied, Sylvie standing up. "Pardon to interrupt but what kind of claim or crap is being held against Lieutenant Kelly Severide?" Sylvie asked crossing her arms, Chief Pridgen looking at her. "And who might you be?" he asked her. "Sylvie Brett Severide, Ambo 61" Sylvie replied, Chief Pridgen looking at her. "Sister?" "Wife" Sylvie answered, Chief Pridgen shaking his head. "Ah this makes matters worse" Chief Pridgen said writing down something on his clipboard, the other man looking at Sylvie. "Why would it make matters worse?" Sylvie asked, Chief Pridgen shrugging. "That's not my place to tell you... Ask Severide yourself" Chief Pridgen said handing Chief Boden a piece of paper. "When Lieutenant Severide gets back, tell him to call that number. We would like to speak to him about some important matters" Chief Pridgen said, looking at Sylvie and smiling. "Good Day" he told her, walking out the firehouse, Sylvie clenching her fist. "AGH! That guys such a..." "SYLVIE BRETT SEVERIDE!" Gabby exclaimed as she walked into the kitchen, all eyes on her. "This is a G rated firehouse. If you must curse and swear, take it outside" Gabby said pointing towards where they take out the garbage, Sylvie rolling her eyes. "Says the one who made that be a rule" Sylvie replied back harshly walking away, Gabby's eyes gone wide. "What was that all about?!" she asked, Hermann shaking his head. "The Union Officials have a claim against Kelly, and she isn't taking it well" Hermann told her, Gabby shaking her head confused. "What'd he do?!" Gabby asked, Hermann shrugging. "Nobody knows. The doofus didn't even give us that much information and...." "CHRISTOPHER" Chief Boden shouted, making everyone in the house jump. "Let me take matters into my own hands. We all already have things that we need to worry about, some more than others" Chief said looking at Matt and Gabby, both of them nodding, knowing what the Chief meant. "If you wanted to get your nose into somebody else's business, you should've went to the cop academy" Chief replied looking at Hermann, Hermann slouching down in his chair. "If anybody else brings up Kelly's claim again so help me I will D rink you... IS THAT UNDERSTOOD?!" the Chief shouted, raising his voice. "Yes Chief.... Understood" everyone said watching Chief storm into his office, shutting the door.
"Gosh, why does it feel like I'm in high school all over again?" Gabby asked Matt as they walked into his office, Matt closing the door. "Maybe because we are... But this time, Fire Style" Matt replied as Gabby sat on his lap, Gabby running her hand down his neck onto his chest, leaning in and kissing him, Matt letting her. "Funny..." she replied as she drew back, Matt then kissing her, his kisses full of passion. "Gabby? I know you're in there" Sylvie said as she knocked on Matts office door, Gabby getting up and opening the door, allowing Sylvie to walk in. "Can I sit?" Sylvie asked pointing at Matts bed, Matt nodding. "Of course, take a load off" he replied, Sylvie sitting down on the bed as Gabby sat on Matts lap again, wrapping her arm around his neck. "Are you okay?" Gabby asked noticing her friend was gloomy, Sylvie shrugging. "Honestly, I don't know. We already have so much stuff going on, and now we also have this to worry about?!" Sylvie exclaimed, pouring out how she felt to Gabby, Matt listening as he filled out paperwork. "What'd you think the complaint is about?" Gabby then asked seeming curious, Matt also looking at Sylvie, who stared right back at them. "I don't know!!! He hasn't done anything wrong!" "I wouldn't be so sure about that" Matt suddenly said, Sylvie looking at him. "Excuse me?!" she asked sounding hurt, Matt sighing. "Listen, I've known Kelly ever since we were in grade school. I know him better than he knows his own self. My point is... He's always up to something"