Chapter Fifteen

Gabby stepped out of the elevator and walked down the hall, Matt following closely behind her. "You ready to do this?" he whispered to her, placing a hand on her back. "Yeah... I'm ready" she replied, Matt looking around before kissing her, Gabby walking into the Head Chiefs office. "Gabriela Dawson!!!" the Chief exclaimed standing up, shaking hands with Gabby. "Take a seat" he told her, Gabby sitting down in a chair. "Have you made your decision?" he asked, Gabby nodding. "Yes I have sir... I've decided that I'd like to be transferred back over to Ambo 61" Gabby said, Matt hearing this from outside the door. His heart leaped with joy, but then sadness overwhelmed his soul. Gabby was giving up his dream.... For him. "Are you sure Ms. Dawson? Is this really what you want?" Chief asked, Gabby nodding. "I haven't been so sure about anything in my life" she replied, Chief signing the bottom of the paper. "Now all I need is for your lieutenant to sign the bottom.... Is he here with you?" Chief asked. "Yeah, I'll go get him" Gabby said standing up, opening the door, almost hitting Matt. "Come on in Lieutenant" Gabby said, Matt walking in, shutting the door behind them. "We just need you to sign the bottom of this form and your candidate will move to Ambo" Chief said sliding the paper across the desk, Matt grabbing a pen and looking at Gabby. "Are you sure this is what you want Dawson?" he asked, Gabby nodding. "I'm sure" she replied, Matt scribbling down his signature, handing the paper back to the Chief. "Alright Dawson. Congratulations. You start next shift" Chief said shaking Gabby's hand then Matts, walking out of the office. When Gabby and Matt entered the elevator, Gabby jumped into Matts arms and hugged him, Matt squeezing her. "I'm so excited" she told him, Matt pulling back and he smiled. "I'm so excited for you" he replied, Gabby kissing him just as the elevator reached the first floor. "Now we can start planning our wedding"
__________________________
Kelly placed his hand on Sylvie's head and stroked her hair, looking into her big blue eyes. "How'd I get so lucky?" he asked making Sylvie smile, leaning in and kissing him. "Sylvie...." Kelly moaned as Sylvie kissed his neck. "You're gonna be the death of me" Kelly said leaning over Sylvie, Sylvie gripping his arm as Kelly kissed her, their kisses growing deeper. "You know...." Kelly said as he drew back, Sylvie looking at him. "We should start wedding planning" Kelly said, Sylvie grinning. "Maybe later" she told him, Kelly kissing her. "Seriously Sylvie. Cmon!" he said getting out of bed, reaching a hand out to her. "Do we have to right now?" she asked, Kelly nodding. "Of course. You want to be Mrs. Kelly Severide don't you?" "Yes!" she replied taking Kelly's hand, Kelly leading her to the table. "So let's start with the date" Kelly said, Sylvie nodding. "May 15th" she said, Kelly looking at her. "Why?" "It's a month away! I want to spend the rest of my life with you, not having to worry and be called Brett everywhere I go" she replied, making Kelly smile. "You know what.... We have all the time in the world to plan..." Kelly said standing up, reaching his hand out to Sylvie. Sylvie looked at him and placed her forehead on his, sliding her hands into Kelly's. "Carry me then" she told him, Kelly swooping Sylvie up into his arms and carried her into the bedroom, just as Alexa started to cry. "Oh come on...." Kelly said standing up, Sylvie laughing. "Hurry up.... I'll be waiting" she told him winking, Kelly quickly leaving the room, walking into Alexa's nursery.
Kelly looked over the crib at Alexa, sliding her pacifier into her mouth. He then fixed her blanket and walked out, gently closing the door behind him. He then quickly ran back into the bedroom and flopped onto the bed, Sylvie snuggling up to him. "I love snuggling up against you" she told him, Kelly smiling. "Get used to it.... I'm not going anywhere" he said kissing her forehead. "I worry about you though. Sometimes I feel like one day I'm going to lose you" Sylvie said, Kelly turning onto his side, placing his hand on Sylvie's cheek. "I'm not going anywhere... And that's a promise" he told her as he kissed her, their lips fighting over dominance of who got to control the kiss.
_________________________
"I can't believe MY girl is gonna be a paramedic back on 61!" Matt exclaimed as they walked into their apartment , Gabby placing her hand bag on the coffee table. She sat on the couch and turned on the TV. "You're not happy..." Matt said quietly as he sat down next to her, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. "I am happy. It's just that I won't be able to accomplish my dream, but marrying you is more important to me then that!" Gabby said, Matt looking Gabby in the eyes. "Marry me tomorrow" he suddenly said, Gabby laughing. "Matt baby you know I would if we could, but it takes more than that..." "What takes more than love? That's all I have for you! An unconditional love that will never go away!" Matt said, making Gabby smile. "Let's go" she said standing up, grabbing his hand. "Where to?" Matt asked as she suddenly slid off his jacket, their lips locking. "To the celebration room" Gabby said winking, Matt picking her up and carrying her to the bedroom, closing the door behind them.
**NEXT SHIFT**
"OH MY GOODNESS LOOK WHO IT IS!!!!" Hermann exclaimed as Gabby and Matt walked into the firehouse the next day, Matt patting Gabby on the back before walking away. "Yep! I'm back on Ambo! There was no way I was going to leave my family here at 51" "You still would've been family if you left" Mouch said, Gabby smiling. "Yeah, but it's much more than that" she said as Hermann hugged her, everyone else doing the same. "So Dawson, you couldn't handle it on Truck any longer?" Severide asked as he hugged Gabby, Gabby laughing. "Well you know Lieutenant. Can't marry the love of my life if I worked under him" Gabby replied, Severide chuckling as Brett walked up to them. "Oh... Oh my goodness! Is that who I think it is?! IS THIS MY NEW BOSS ON 61!!!?!" Sylvie exclaimed as she hugged Gabby, Gabby nodding. "Yeah I'm so...." "TRUCK 81, SQUAD 3, AMBO 61, BATTALION 25 HOUSE FIRE 34 FIGG STREET" the dispatcher said interrupting Gabby, everyone running to their trucks. Chief Boden walked out and saw Gabby in her uniform and smiled. "Just couldn't leave 51 could you Dawson?" Chief asked making Gabby smile. "No I couldn't. This is where it's at" she replied hopping into the ambulance, turning on the sirens and speeding away, the trucks following behind them. "Miss this?" Sylvie asked, Gabby nodding her head. "Like you wouldn't believe" "Did you enjoy being on Truck though?" Sylvie asked. "Of course! I'm sad to leave it... But knowing that I get to marry the man of my dreams makes it all worth while"