Chapter Thirty One

"Gabby.... Hey" Matt said as Gabby walked into his hospital room crying, leaning over him and kissing his lips ever so gently. "Don't you scare me like that ever again" Gabby stated lowly, Matt looking at her and shrugging. "I can't make you any promises, but I promise I'll try my hardest" Matt said, Gabby leaning over and kissing him again, this time Matt made it deeper. Gabby drew back and placed her forehead against his, both of them breathing at the same rate. "I'm so glad you're okay" she whispered. Matt smiled when he heard this and he kissed her forehead. "Me too"
________________________
"KELLY!!!" Sylvie yelled as she stormed into Kellys hospital room, Kelly looking up at her, fear filling his eyes. Sylvie placed Alexa down and when she did, Sylvie walked quickly towards him, a mad expression on his face. "Sylvie I...." "Don't you say another word" she told him as she kissed him aggressively, Alexa toddling over and wrapping her arms around Sylvie's leg. When Sylvie pulled back, Kelly looked at her and smiled. "Why'd you stop?" he asked, Sylvie picking up Alexa and placed her on Kellys lap, Kellys smile growing even bigger. "Hey there baby girl!!!" Kelly exclaimed as Alexa wrapped her little arms around Kellys neck, Kelly stroking her back. "Da... Da..Daddy" Alexa suddenly said, Kelly looking at Sylvie, his eyes wide. "Did you just hear that?!" Kelly asked, Sylvie staring at the both of them amazed. "Did she just say daddy?!" Kelly nodded his head and looked at his daughter and smiled. "Ha, she said daddy first" Kelly then told Sylvie, Sylvie rolling her eyes. "What can I say?! She really is a daddy's girl" Sylvie replied just as there was a knock on the door. Hermann walked into the room, and when he saw Kelly he smiled. "How're you feeling kid?" Hermann asked, Kelly smiling. "Great for having a 95 pound beam on top of me and being thrown 20 feet" Kelly replied making them laugh, Sylvie placing a hand on his shoulder. She then felt her phone vibrate in her pocket and when she pulled it out her eyes went wide. "Oh man I gotta go" she said looking from Kelly to Hermann, Kelly nodding. "Alright, let me know how everything goes" Kelly said kissing her and Alexa before Sylvie picked her up, Hermann stopping her. "Where're you headed kid?" he asked, Sylvie looking at Kelly, Kelly nodding. "I'm heading to my OBYGN" Sylvie said, Hermanns mouth dropping. "You're pregnant?!" he exclaimed, Sylvie nodding. "Oh man congratulations you guys. I thought Gabby was the one who was pregnant" he said, Sylvie laughing. "You are right on that one" "Wait, so she's pregnant too?" Sylvie nodded her head and Hermann whined. "Great, so now we'll have two moody pregnant women running around the firehouse!!" "Hey watch it Hermann. Lucky for you I haven't reached that point yet" "If you want I can watch Alexa for you kid" "Really?" "Yeah, now go before I change my mind" Hermann said taking Alexa out of Sylvie's arms, Alexa giggling. "Thanks Hermann you're the best" Sylvie replied as she gave Hermann a hug before leaving the room, closing the door behind her.
_________________________
"What happened?" Gabby asked as she sat next to Matt in his hospital bed still in uniform, running her hand through his hair. Matt sighed and shook his head. "Wait.... VIOLET! WHERES VIOLET AND CHRISTY?!" Matt suddenly asked looking around frantically, trying to get out of his hospital bed. "Matt.... MATT" Gabby then yelled getting his attention. "I'll tell you if you promise you'll stay in bed" she told him, Matt laying back down, taking a deep breath. "Violets okay, but she's currently in surgery with a bursted appendix, but Christy..." Gabby paused as a tear rolled down her cheek, Matt staring at her. "No!!!" he suddenly exclaimed, Gabby bursting into tears, Matt doing the same, sobbing into her chest. "Baby I'm so sorry" she said stroking his hair, Matt crying loud to where everyone down the hall could hear him. "How? When did she?" Matt choked out, Gabby pulling back and kissing him, both of their lips salty from their tears. "She passed during surgery. One of her major arteries were damaged when the beam fell on top of her. They couldn't repair it in time.... Matt I'm sorry" she said, Matt sitting back and sighing, his face and eyes red. "How am I going to tell Violet? Where's Jim?" Matt asked, Gabby shrugging. "Nobody can find him. It's like he just picked up and left Chicago. There's not a trace of him left here" Gabby said, Matt clenching his fist. "When I find him, my face is going to be the last thing he sees" Matt said through gritted teeth, Gabby placing a hand on his shoulder.
"We'll be okay. Violet, will be okay. I've already made arrangements for her to stay with us until either your mother or..." "She's not going to my mother" Matt then said, Gabby nodding, respecting his wishes. "If your mothers not an option, then we have to wait on Jim" "That piece of dirt doesn't give a hoot about his daughter. The fool only cares about money, and fame" Matt said disgusted, Gabby running her hand through Matts hair. "I guess we'll look after her then. It'll be hard and all, but we can handle it" "Of course we can, as long as we're together right?" Matt asked giving a weak smile, Gabby doing the same. "As long as we're together" she said kissing his cheek, Matt wiping away her tears when she pulled back.
*AMBO 61 SCHOOL FIGHT 28 SEMINOLE PRATT* the dispatcher said through the radio, Gabby rolling her eyes making Matt laugh. "What's so funny?" she asked, Matt shrugging. "School fights... I was in a bunch of those" "Yeah, because you were hard headed" Gabby said quickly kissing him before running out the room, leaving Matt alone again. When she reached the bottom floor, Choute waved her over. "Cmon we gotta go" he told her running out the ER, Gabby heading out after him, jumping into the passenger side, allowing Choute to drive.
"So, you and Casey are together?" Choute asked as he drove to the school, Gabby sighing. "If we're talking about our personal lives, why don't you go first!" Gabby exclaimed, Choute shrugging. "Well for starters, I'm single" he said taking a look at Gabby, winking at her. "Okay, what else?" "When I'm not on Ambo, I'm a coach for a basketball league, Chicago Bulls" "Oh the actual team?!" "No, the peewees" Choute responded, Gabby chuckling. "You have a kid?" "No... My nephews on the team, so I wanted to coach. I was kind of a jock in school" Choute said as they pulled up, Gabby hopping out and grabbing the gurney, running into the school. "Over here! Quickly!!!" the principal said running down the hallway into a boys locker room, blood staining the floor. "YOU WANT TO KEEP PICKING ON MY LITTLE BROTHER? PUNK!!!" yelled a redhead to a blonde kid sitting on the floor, holding the side of his head, blood gushing from his ear. "CHARLIE THATS ENOUGH" "SHUT UP!!!" the boy yelled to the Principal, making her go silent. "Hey there Charlie..." Gabby said making her way slowly towards the boy standing, his hands clenched. Charlie quickly turned around and looked at her, his eyes bloodshot red. "DONT COME ANY CLOSER OR I SWEAR ILL DROP YOU" Charlie yelled, Gabby holding her hands up in surrender. "Listen, I don't think you want to drop a paramedic. That'd be a felony. You see that boy over there? He's pretty banged up because of you" "GOOD! HE DESERVES IT AFTER WHAT HE DID TO COLTON!" "I didn't do anything!!!" the boy on the ground cried, Gabby looking to him. "Hey kid, what's your name?" "Max" he responded. "How old are you Max?" "HEY DONT YOU TALK TO HIM YOU TALK TO ME!!!" Charlie yelled, Choute sighing. "I've had enough of this" he said running up to Charlie with a needle full of lidocaine, pinning him to the ground, administering the needle. "That's right take a long nap, mhm there you go" Choute said standing up, Charlie laying on the ground unconscious. Gabby then stepped over his body and made her way to Max. "How old are you buddy?" she asked examining his ear. "I'm 12" he replied, looking at Gabby. "Hey, do you work at Firehouse 51?!" Max then asked, Gabby looking at him, nodding her head. "Yeah" "Do you work with Kelly Severide?!" the boy asked excited but before Gabby could answer him, he suddenly started to seize. "INTERNAL BRAIN DAMAGE!!! LETS GET HIM TO THE HOSPITAL CHOUTE!!!" Gabby said as Choute ran over with the gurney, Gabby lifting the boy and placing him on it, Choute running him out the school. "Call the cops. I want someone here with this kid at all times. He's facing many charges and if Max doesn't make it, he's facing Man Slaughter Charges. Either way, this kids going to Juvy" Gabby told the principal before running out the school and into the back of the Ambo, slamming the doors shut.
________________________
Sylvie pulled up to the doctors and parked her car. She then hopped out and walked into the office, being greeted by a nurse. "Name?" the nurse asked, Sylvie signing in. "Sylvie Brett" Sylvie told her handing the nurse a slip. "Please take a seat" the nurse told her, Sylvie nodding and sitting in a chair. She looked around the room and smiled. On one side of the room she saw pictures of pregnant woman plastered on the wall, and then on the other side she saw all the doctors photos, with their specialties listed underneath them. Sylvie sighed and pulled out her phone, looking at her calendar. She counted back how long it's been since her last menstrual cycle, and realized it's been 7 weeks. When she placed her phone back in her pocket, a doctor opened the door. "Sylvie Brett?" he asked, Sylvie standing up and she smiled. "That's me" she replied walking into the back, the doctor leading her back to a scale. "Can you please remove your shoes so I can get an accurate number on your weight and height?" the doctor asked, Sylvie nodding and slipping off her shoes, standing on the scale. "127.6" the doctor said writing down her weight on a piece of paper, Sylvie standing up against the wall, the doctor taking her height. He got extremely close to her, and Sylvie shivered when the top part of his body rubbed against hers, making her cheeks glow red. "5'5" the doctor said writing down her height, Sylvie smiling. "Who will be my doctor throughout this pregnancy?" she asked, the doctor looking up at her. "Me. I'm Doctor Karda, Samuel Karda" he said shaking her hand as Sylvie laid on the cold table, lifting up her shirt exposing her belly. "Nice to meet you" she said as the doctor squirt cold gel on her belly, making Sylvie get goosebumps. "Alright let's see how your little ones doing" he said placing the tool on her stomach, an image quickly popping up on the screen. "There's your little baby... Right there" the doctor pointed out, Sylvie smiling. A little dot in the form of a baby rested inside a little bubble, Sylvie's heart melting right away. "Well it looks like you're about 6 1/2 weeks along, and the baby's measurements are where they need to be, so you're good to go? Would you like photos?" Doctor Karda asked, Sylvie nodding. "Yes please" she responded, watching as the doctor screen shotted some photos. Sylvie couldn't wait to show Kelly. She was excited, and she knew when she would show Kelly the pictures, he would be too.