Chapter Twenty Four

"Talk to me Gabby" Antonio said as he drove quickly towards the firehouse, Matt and Gabby sitting in the back holding hands, Gabby squeezing Matts. "Don't play dumb Tonio you were there" Gabby replied, Antonio looking through the rear view mirror at his sisters face, rolling his eyes. "I know, but is there anything else that's been happening that could be connected to this case. Gabby we need to know EVERYTHING, every single little detail if we want to catch this guy in the act!" Antonio said, Gabby shaking her head. "No! I only know that Gordon murdered Andy, using some type of drug...wait a minute....." Gabby suddenly said, Matt looking at her. "What?" "This all makes perfect sense! Gordon was getting his drugs from Crackhead Garcia, the drugs he used to kill Andy" Gabby exclaimed, Antonio nodding. "I think you missed your calling!" Antonio said, Matt squeezing Gabby's hand.
_________________________
"You have the flame throwers ready?" Gordon asked as Garcia handed him a flame thrower, Gordon smiling. "Got everything you need boss. I told you I got your back" Garcia said, Gordon nodding. "Thanks for the bail" Gordon replied handing Garcia back the flame thrower, Garcia looking at him. "You can do the honors" Gordon told him as Garcia lit the flame thrower, smoke rising up into the air. "How'd you get the money anyways?" Gordon suddenly asked, Garcia shrugging. "That's my business" Garcia replied, Gordon stepping closer towards him, glaring into Garcia's eyes. "I'm not gonna ask you again... Where'd you get the money?" Gordon asked, Garcia holding up the flame thrower. "Don't make me set you on fire man" Garcia suddenly yelled, Gordon pulling out a knife. "Are you working with that little dirty piece of trash on the side? Voight?!" yelled Gordon slashing out at Garcia, Garcia avoiding him. Out of fear Garcia threw the flame thrower onto Gordon's body, his clothes erupting in flames. "AGH WHAT DID YOU DO?!" yelled Gordon as he watched Garcia run away from behind the firehouse, Gordon waving his hands in the air, his body in flames as he ran after him.
Antonio pulled up to the firehouse and hopped quickly out of the car, pulling out his pistol scoping out the area. Voight stood looking around, Matt watching his every move. Before anyone could say anything they heard a scream, and they watched as a body covered in flames ran out to the front of the firehouse, suddenly falling down. Matt and Gabby reacted fast, running to the side of the firehouse and grabbing an extinguisher, Matt rushing back over and spraying the body, nobody knowing the identity. "Hi sir are you okay?" asked Gabby as the man rolled over, Gabby's eyes going wide. "GORDON?!" she yelled, Voight walking over and looking at Gordon, suddenly smirking. "That moron" Voight said looking down the street, seeing another man running off, always looking back. "Shouldn't I chase him down Sarge?" Ruzek asked, Voight shaking his head. "Don't worry about him. I'll deal with him later" Voight said as Gabby called in an Ambo only taking 5 minutes to arrive. As they waited Voight leaned over Gordon and looked at him, Gordon making eye contact. "What do you want Voight?" Gordon asked weakly, his whole body aching. "You want to see what happens when you fight fire with fire?" Voight asked as he pulled out a lighter, flashing it on. Gordon's eyes got wide, and he tried backing away, shaking his head quickly back and forth. "It...It..." "Quit the blabbering and tell me why at this time of night you're hanging around a firehouse in flames?" Voight asked, Matt watching as Voight stepped on Gordon's burnt fingers, making him yell out in pain. "I want to speak with my lawyer" Gordon replied as an ambulance pulled up, Voight moving his foot off of Gordon's burnt fingers, paramedics lifting him onto a gurney. "I want someone at the hospital at all times with this criminal. He can't be trusted" Voight told everyone, Ruzek nodding his head. "I'll go first" he told them, Voight nodding as Ruzek hopped into the back of the Ambo, the paramedics slamming the doors. "Voight, it's probably none of my business but how'd you know about Garcia?" Lindsay asked, Voight looking at her with sharp eyes. "You're right... It is none of your business" Voight replied walking away into his car and speeding away back to headquarters, everyone watching him go.
_________________________
Sylvie looked down at Kelly and pecked his lips before looking at the clock on their nightstand. "Awe man Kelly its late! We've been at this all night! I think we should get to bed" Sylvie told him, Kelly complaining. "Awe cmon Sylvie just a little while longer?!" he asked lovingly, Sylvie rolling her eyes. "You're lucky your cute" she told him kissing him, Kelly kissing her back passionately. "You know what?" she asked rolling over onto her side of the bed, pulling out a wedding book. "Let's start writing invitations" she told him dropping the book on his lower part of his body, making his body tighten. "OWWW" he exclaimed picking up the book relieving the pressure, Sylvie throwing him a pen. "How's your penmanship?" Kelly laughed at the question and wrote his name perfectly in cursive, Sylvie's eyes widening. "How do you do that?!" Sylvie asked now leaning on him, watching him write out her name. "It's all in the wrist baby. This is my hidden talent. Don't tell anyone at the firehouse because if you do, I know where you live" he told her, Sylvie giggling. "I promise I won't" she replied kissing his cheek, Kelly's cheek turning bright red. "Does the great Kelly Severide still get nervous around me?!" she asked, Kelly looking at her. They both remembered how they were when they first met, flirty. Everyone around them noticed it except for them, and Kelly seemed to always get nervous or mumble when he was around her. "Kinda" he said answering Sylvie's question, Sylvie leaning in and kissing him, Kelly getting lost in a moment. "What about I make you a deal?" "What is that deal?" Kelly asked, Sylvie smirking. "If you write all the invitations tomorrow morning in your beautiful penmanship, I'll stay in bed with you for the next two hours tonight" she said biting her lip. "DEAL!" Kelly exclaimed without hesitating, Sylvie taking all the cards and the book off of Kelly's lap, placing it onto the nightstand. "Sylvie, you're gonna be the death of me" Kelly said as Sylvie sat on his lap, kissing his neck. "Not necessarily... Most likely a fire" Sylvie joked, Kelly smirking. "Not funny..... You know what that kinda is come here you!" he said pulling Sylvie close in his arms into a big bear hug, Sylvie giggling.
_________________________
Matt and Gabby walked back into Intelligence and went up the stairs with Antonio, ignoring everything Trudy was saying. When they got up they walked quickly toward the interrogation room where Voight had Garcia in custody, Voight holding Garcia's head up. Antonio walked into the interrogation room while Matt and Gabby stood on the outside, Matt wrapping an arm around Gabby's shoulders. "What happened to our deal Calvin! I thought I told you to stay the heck out of Chicago?!" Voight exclaimed pinning Garcia up against the wall, Garcia not flinching. "I was on my way out, but Gordon contacted me" "I TOLD YOU TO STAY OUT OF CHICAGO UNTIL I GOT THAT DIRTBAG LOCKED UP!!!" "I TRIED HANK I TRIED!!!" Garcia yelled back, Voight throwing a punch to Garcias gut. "You're lucky I don't kill you... You know I should kill you right now right?!" Voight exclaimed, Matt and Gabby's eyes widening. "Voight...." "NOT NOW DAWSON!" Voight yelled to Antonio making him quiet. "What was the deal?" Antonio asked, no longer being able to hold in his question. Voight looked at him and then to Garcia, Matt and Gabby hearing everything through the glass. "Garcia got mixed up in a bad gang, a gang I was once in alliance with" Voight started, Antonio listening. "He ticked off the rep, and got kicked out, the gang trying to kill him and his mother. I stepped in and gave Garcia some cash, the cash he used to bail out Gordon. It was supposed to be used as support for him and his mother" Voight said staring at Garcia, shame filling his eyes. "I told him to flee Chicago, so he wouldn't get pressed with charges... Obviously he didn't listen... And now he's gonna pay" Voight said staring at Garcia, Garcia's eyes filling with fear. "He's now facing the charges Gordon is also carrying. Drug Possession, Not obeying an officer, and murder" Voight said, Garcia shaking his head. "No... NO! HOW LONG WILL I BE LOCKED UP FOR THAT?!" he asked Voight shrugging. "For the rest of your days..." "His whole life?!" Antonio added in, Voight nodding. "Lifetime guaranteed"
_________________________
**The Next Day**
Matt sat in his office rapping his pencil when Hermann knocked on his door. "What's up Hermann?" Casey asked as he looked at Hermann who smiled. "You have a visitor" he told him walking away, Casey getting up from his chair and walking outside to the apparatus floor. Standing there was his sister Christy who was talking to Gabby. "Christy?!" Matt asked surprised, Christy looking at him and she smiled. "Matt... Long time no see" she said hugging him, Matt nestling his face into her shoulder. "I can't believe it's been two years. How are you and Violet doing?!" Matt asked, Christy shrugging. "That's what I came here to talk to you about, also you too Gabby" Christy said looking from Matt to Gabby, Gabby nodding her head. "Is everything okay?" Gabby asked. "Is there a way Violet can live with you guys for a month, so I can get my life back together?" Christy asked, Matts eyes widening. "What's going on Christy?" "Matt, that's something I'd like to keep to myself" "Christy I'm your brother! Let me help you" Matt said, Christy shaking her head. "Can you guys watch Violet or not?" Christy asked, Gabby nodding her head. "Of course we can" "Gabby are you sure? Won't it be too much to handle?" Matt asked, Gabby rolling her eyes. "Matt... Having my future niece stay with us is not too much to handle. I already handle you, don't I?" Gabby asked, Matt smirking. "Good point... Sure we'll watch her" Matt said to his sister, Christy nodding. "How are things going with you guys? Anything new?" Christy asked, Matt nodding his head. "We're now engaged" "AWE CONGRATS YOU GUYS!" Christy beamed giving both of them a hug, Matt smiling. "That's not all" he added, Christy looking at him and then at Gabby. "I'm pregnant" Gabby said, Christy's mouth dropping down in shock. "NO WAY!" she exclaimed, Matt nodding his head. "Yes way.... Shhh....Nobody else knows yet so play cool" Matt told his sister, Christy rolling her eyes. "How'd someone like you end up with someone like him?!" Christy asked Gabby, Gabby laughing. "Sometimes he's a complete moron... But I love him too much. I don't know how I can live without him" Gabby said making Matt smile. "Same here" Matt replied kissing Gabby, everyone on the apparatus floor oooing. "Lieutenants making some fire...." Cruz said lowly, making everyone laugh, Casey rolling his eyes. "Who laughed at that?" he suddenly asked changing his voice, a few of them slipping up their hands. "Great! Now go put on your gear and raise the aerial! You all just earned yourselves some drills" Casey ordered, making everyone moan. "CRUZ WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO FUNNY?!" Mills asked moaning, Cruz shrugging. "It's not my fault! It just comes naturally"