Chapter Nineteen

"HEELLPP!!" Dawson continued to scream as the men started to spray the car down with foam, the flames slowly dying. When no more flames were on top of them, Casey quickly broke the window to the back, all of them feeling the car move. "GET THIS CAR HOOKED UP TO THE TRUCK NOW!" Casey yelled, Cruz running to the truck, grabbing the line. He quickly then rushed back and hooked the line up, Mills making sure there was enough tension in the line so the car wouldn't fall. "SECURED!" Mills yelled out, Hermann running to the back of the car, holding out his arms. "I'll take the kid" he said as Casey moved over so the child could climb out. "Watch out for glass...." Casey told him, the little boy nodding as he crawled through the hole into Hermanns arms, Hermann rushing him over to Sylvie. "MY MOMMY! MY MOMMY WENT IN THE WATER!" the boy cried, Cruz looking at them with his eyes wide. "LIEUTENANT!!!" he yelled, Squad listening in to what was about to be said. "WE HAVE ONE IN THE WATER!!!" All of those from Squad quickly suit up, Chief Boden filling in as Squad Lieutenant. "Clip me up" he ordered, Tony grabbing a harness and putting it on Chief, clipping him up. "1 Tug I'm at the bottom. 2 Tugs.... I got the woman. Pull me up after that...." Chief said as he slid on his scuba gear, carefully maneuvering himself over the wall. "Pay attention" he told them as he walked down the wall, jumping the rest of the way into the water below.
"Gabby, get out before me. This thing doesn't seem to sturdy" Casey said, Dawson nodding as she climbed past him, crawling through the window, slicing up her hands. "Oh man!" she said gritting her teeth, placing her feet onto the ground. She looked at her hands, and she discovered a couple gashes. She heard Casey come out from behind her and then he walked straight past her, over to another car. "Sylvie, do you have some gauze?" Dawson asked as she waved her hands in the air, Sylvie motioning for her to come over. Dawson walked over to the Ambo and sat on the ledge, Sylvie looking at her hands. "Ouch you got cut good.... I'm going to have to clean this out" Sylvie said grabbing peroxide from her medical bag, Dawson holding her hands out. "Just to warn you I hated this as a kid, I still do now" Dawson said as Sylvie poured the peroxide on Gabby's hands, Gabby stomping her feet. "Darn this BURNS!!!" Dawson then yelled, making everyone look at her, even the little boy. "It doesn't hurt that bad..." he said quietly, Dawson looking away and rolling her eyes. She watched as Chief Boden was being lifted, no woman in his arms. "WHERES MY MOMMY?!" the little boy screamed, Chief Boden walking over and placing a hand on the boys shoulder. "How old are you son?" Chief asked, the boy looking away shyly. "7" "What's your name?" "Logan" "Listen Logan I need you to be brave for us right now..." "NO NO I WANT MY MOM! MOMMY!!!" Logan cried out, trying to unbuckle himself from the gurney. "LOGAN!" Chief Boden said harshly, making Logan look at him. "I couldn't find your mommy, I'm sorry" Chief Boden said, Logan crying. "She's dead?" Chief Boden nodded his head and he watched as Logan cried out louder, Gabby getting up and wrapping her arms around the boy, holding him close. "I lost my daddy, and now my mommy too?!" Logan cried, Gabby stroking his hair. She thought about her parents, about how she hasn't seen them in years since they lived in the Dominican Republic. "I lost my mommy and daddy too..." Gabby said, making Logan look at her, his eyes red. "Really?" "Mhm, and you know what?" Gabby asked as she continued to stroke his hair. "What?" "My grandmother took me and loved me. You have a grandma don't you?" Gabby asked, Logan nodding. "I do but she's...." "LOGAN!!!" someone yelled out from the distance, everyone looking. Down the street limping towards them was a woman, her clothes soaked. "MOMMY?!" Logan yelled, the woman walking towards them faster. "MOMMY!!!" Logan said unbuckling himself from the seat, running towards his mother, jumping into her arms. Gabby started crying happy tears when she saw the reunion, Matt smiling. "OH MY... MY BABY BOY!" the woman said as she gripped onto her son, walking towards the ambulance. "Here ma'am I can take you over here!" Sylvie exclaimed as the woman walked over, Chief Boden staring at her surprised. "That man said you died" Logan said pointing a finger at him, his mother looking at Chief Boden. "It's alright honey... Mommy's alive" the mom replied kissing Logan's head, Sylvie strapping them both on the gurney. "We'll be bringing you both to Chicago Med. Just hang tight" Sylvie said as she sat in the back with them, Gabby slamming the doors and walking to the drivers side. She placed her hand on the door when she heard Casey call out her name. "DAWSON!" he shouted running up to her, Gabby turning around. "Yes Lieutenant?" she asked, Matt smiling. "I'm not your Lieutenant anymore. I'm your fiancé" he told said kissing her, Gabby pulling back. "I got to go" she told him, Matt nodding. "I'll see you back at the firehouse. We got to talk" he told her, Gabby nodding and hopping into the drivers seat, Matt smacking her back side as she did. "Hey..." she said blushing, closing the door. Matt smirked and watched as she drove away, turning on the sirens.
*Back At The Firehouse*
Kelly sat at the Squad table waiting for everyone to come back from the call. He had been discharged earlier, but he didn't want to go home. He looked at his phone and sighed, and when he was about to head inside the firehouse, everyone pulled up in their trucks. First to hop out was Sylvie who walked over and kissed him, running her hand through his hair. "Babe what're you doing here?!" she asked as the guys hopped down from their trucks, Kelly greeting them. "Well a few broken ribs can't keep me from work" he said pointing to his side brace, Sylvie laughing. "Oh yes they can" she told him, Kelly laughing and watching her leave, Matt walking up to him. "Hey, how're you holding up?" Matt asked giving him a fist bump, Kelly shrugging. "I'm alright, but I'm not fine with the fact that I can't work for 2 weeks" Kelly said sounding agitated. "Ah you'll be alright, trust me" Matt said as Gabby walked past them. "She's practically family and she didn't even stop to say hello..." Kelly said making Gabby turn around and walk over to them. "Oh hey there papa Severide didn't see you there" she joked around hugging Kelly gently, Kelly noticing her hands. "What happened there Dawson?" he asked as Gabby tried to make another attempt to leave. "Why are you in such a hurry?" he then added, Gabby rolling her eyes. "1. Cut them on glass, and 2. I GOTTA PEE" she said running off, making Kelly and Matt laugh.
Gabby ran into the bathroom and relieved herself. Her bladder was feeling a bit different, almost as if had expanded to the size of a balloon. She shrugged and walked out of the bathroom into the kitchen, sitting down at the table, Sylvie sitting next to her. "You hungry?" Sylvie asked as she pulled out two energy bars, Gabby taking one from her hands. "Thanks" she said as she bit into one. "Don't scare me like that ever again though" Sylvie said, Gabby looking at her confused. Gabby swallowed and looked at Sylvie. "How'd I scare you?" Gabby asked, Sylvie's eyes widening. "You nearly got yourself killed when you jumped into that car! How could I not worry about you?! It's safe to say Matt was probably feeling the same way" Sylvie said biting into her energy bar as Kelly and Matt walked back in, Kelly sitting next to them. Matt stood by the door nodding his head towards his office, Gabby nodding and watching him leave. "Hey uh... I'll be right back" Gabby said setting down her energy bar, Kelly and Sylvie watching her leave. Kelly started laughing and Sylvie looked at him. "What's so funny?" she asked. "You don't know what their doing in his office?" Kelly laughed, Sylvie slapping his hand. "Oh my gosh Kelly you're so immature. That's definitely not what their doing. Matt had to talk to her about something important" "Yeah a part of me is telling me that their going to be doing a whole lot less talking" Kelly laughed as Sylvie rolled her eyes.