Chapter Thirty Four

"GABBY, THAT WOMAN MEANT NOTHING TO ME! YOURE THE ONE I LOVE!!!" Matt yelled as Gabby stood by the table, suddenly slamming her hands on the table. "I DONT WANT THE BABY!" Gabby then yelled back, Violet listening from upstairs. Matts anger suddenly turned into fear. "What?! Why?! How could you say such a thing?" "Look at you... LOOK AT US! Everything that split us up before is happening... AGAIN!!! I can't do this..." Gabby started before Matt walked up to her quickly, drawing her body against his, their lips crashing together. Violet peeked down the stairs and looked at them, suddenly grinning. 'Nice save Uncle Mattt' she thought to herself, going back into her bedroom and closing the door. Matt drew back and placed his forehead against hers, locking hands. "I don't want to lose you again" he whispered near her ear, chills running down her back. "I know" she said kissing his neck, Matt letting her. "Any news on Jim yet? Have they found them?" Gabby asked, Matt pulling back, scrunching his eyes. "Way to ruin the moment" he said smirking, Gabby playfully shoving past him, walking into the kitchen. "But to answer your question... No, I haven't seen heard anything. It's like he fell off the face of the Earth" Matt said wrapping his arms around her waist, nestling his head on her shoulder. Suddenly he felt a finger smaller then his poke his back, Matt turning around and smiling. "So, what's for dinner?" Violet asked, Gabby looking at her, Matts arm still wrapped around her waist. "I'm guessing showers of kisses for Uncle Matt?" Violet asked laughing, Gabby rolling her eyes. "Haha very funny. You have your Uncles sense of humor" "Actually, my moms" Violet said sitting down at the table, looking down at the place mat, a tear rolling down her face. Matt looked to Gabby before he walked over to Violet, kneeling next to her chair. "Mom was always good at telling jokes" Violet sniffled, Matt rubbing her back. "Hey you know what we used to call her back then?" Matt asked her, Violet shaking her head. "The comeback queen" Matt laughed, making both Gabby and Violet laugh along with him.
"I miss her so much" Violet said now crying into Matts chest, Gabby walking over to them, rubbing Violets back in tiny little circles, Matt kissing the top of her head. "You'll see her again soon. We all get to say goodbye this Saturday" Matt replied, Violet looking at them both, wiping the corner of her eyes. "Is it... Her funeral?" she asked, Gabby nodding her head, Matt doing the same. "It is... Remember though, whenever you go to a funeral and go to say goodbye to someone you love, just remember you really aren't saying goodbye. You're saying see you later"
________________________
"Hey Max, it's Kelly Severide from Firehouse 51... I heard you were asking about me a couple days ago, and I just learned about it now. Give me a call back after you listen to this... Thanks" Kelly said hanging up, leaving a voicemail. Sylvie walked up from behind Kelly, wrapping her arms around his waist, laying her head against his back. "She's asleep" she said tiredly, getting the baby monitor and turning it on, Kelly looking at the screen. A smile then spread out across his face and he looked at Sylvie, love flashing in his eyes. "What?" she asked smirking before Kelly drew her close, placing his forehead against hers before kissing her, passionately. "Are you excited for next week?" he asked pulling back, Sylvie breathless. "Uh... Yeah! Why wouldn't I be excited to be Mrs. Kelly Severide?!" Sylvie asked kissing him again, running her hand through his hair. When she pulled back she stared into his eyes, Kelly doing the same. "Are we crazy?" Sylvie asked, Kelly shaking his head. "Nah..." he said wrapping his arms around her waist drawing her near, Sylvie licking her lips. "If anything, it's a good kind of crazy" Kelly said making Sylvie giggle before he kissed her again, feeling his phone vibrate in his pocket. Kelly pulled the phone out and looked at the screen.
"I got to take this" he told Sylvie pulling away, Sylvie nodding and walking to the kitchen, starting to wash dishes. Kelly answered the phone as he walked into their bedroom, closing the door softly behind him. "Hello?" "Hi Kelly is it?" a woman asked, Kelly getting a confused look on his face. "Yes..." "I'm Maxwells mother. Don't call this number again" "Ma'am, he called me... Is everything okay?" Kelly asked, only hearing silence on the other end. "Hello?" he asked looking at his phone screen, realizing the woman had hung up on him. Kelly redialed the number and put the phone up to his ear again, the phone going straight to voicemail. Kelly threw the phone onto the bed and scratched his head, walking around the room. Sylvie then opened the door and walked in carrying two plates of food, placing them on the bed. "Babe you look a little flushed..." Sylvie said walking up to him, rubbing her hands up and down his chest. "Just a little confused" he replied sitting down, taking a bite of his chicken. "It has nothing to do with me right?" Sylvie asked sounding worried, Kelly quickly shaking his head, running his hands up and down her arms. "This has NOTHING to do with you" he assured her, sealing their assurance with a kiss.
_________________________
*TRUCK 81, SQUAD 3, AMBO 61 STRUCTURE FIRE 542 EMERALD COVE* the dispatcher announced as both Matt and Gabby walked into the firehouse for shift, not getting the chance to change out. "Hey Lieutenant, you're not wearing your gear!" "I'll change on the way there Hermann! Sit in the passenger seat" Matt ordered, Hermann quickly getting out the back and hopping into the passenger seat, looking to Cruz who shook his head. "What?!" Hermann asked smiling, Cruz rolling his eyes. "I was just wondering when you'll wipe that stupid smile off your face" Cruz replied, everyone laughing. "Woah Lieutenant!!! Aren't you supposed to change out in the locker room?!" Mills asked as Casey was kneeled down in the back, taking off his shirt. Matt looked at him and rolled his eyes. "Didn't have the time to candidate" "I'm not your candidate anymore" Mills replied, Matt looking at him, scrunching his brow. "SHE is" Mills said pointing to a woman sitting behind him who he didn't notice earlier. Matt turned around and looked at her making eye contact, the woman looking away quickly. "Really guys... You couldn't have warn me earlier?!" Matt asked sounding annoyed, Mouch shrugging. "Hey, at least you kept your pants on" Mouch replied, the whole truck roaring with laughter.
"How many minutes out?!" Gabby shouted from the back of the Ambo throwing on her shirt. "3 MINUTES!" Sylvie shouted back, Gabby realizing the shirt was getting tighter around her waist. "Ugh I'm gonna be fat with this one" she said as she sat on the gurney tying her shoes, Sylvie laughing. "How can you tell?" "My shirt won't fit!!! It's too tight by my waist" Gabby complained pulling out her phone texting Matt. 'My shirt won't fit me' she said in a text, sending it to him. Matt looked down at his phone as he tied his shoes and he smiled. Hermann saw this and asked, "What's with the smile Lieutenant?" Matt picked up his phone and passed it to Hermann, Hermann looking at the message smiling. "Why don't you look at that" he replied handing Matt back his phone, Matt sliding it into his pocket. Matt then looked up at the candidate who stared back at him, her looking away shyly. "Welcome to Firehouse 51, Truck 81. I'm Lieutenant... Lieutenant Casey" Matt started making the candidate pay attention, shaking Matts hand. "That's Cruz, our driver. Hermann, who's father of the household. Then we have Mouch and Mills" Matt said pointing out everyone, the candidate nodding. "I'm Lilly Thompson, from Firehouse 43. I'll be taking over candidates spot for Kyle Reynolds" Lilly said, everyone moaning. "Ugh, I hate that guy" Cruz said from the front seat, everyone nodding in agreement. "I've heard he isn't that bad. I've heard all good things about him..." "All good things that led him straight to prison" Mills said making eye contact with Lilly, Lilly blushing. Mills caught this and gave her a smile, Matt watching from the middle. "Welcome to Firehouse 51's Truck 81" Matt said breaking Peter and Lilly's eye contact, Lilly looking at Matt and smiling. "Thanks! I'm grateful to be here" she said looking back to Mills, flashing a smile.