Chapter Twenty Five

**1 week later**
"Uncle Matt!" thirteen year old Violet exclaimed as she ran into firehouse 51, dropping her bags and hopping into Matts arms, Matt hugging her. "Oh my goodness Vi you got so big!!!" Matt exclaimed pulling back and rubbing his nieces arms, Violet smiling. "You look different" she said, Matt laughing. "Old age my dear. Old age" Matt replied, Violet laughing. Gabby then walked out to the apparatus floor, Violet squealing. "GABBY!" she exclaimed, Gabby's mouth dropping. "Violet?!" Gabby asked as Violet ran into her arms, giving Gabby a hug. "Be careful Vi don't break her" Matt said aloud, Violet laughing. "I know Uncle Matt" she said pulling back, Gabby caressing Violets hair. "Are you ready for some fun?" Gabby asked, Violet nodding. "I was born ready" Violet replied as Christy walked into the firehouse, her phone to her ear. "I DONT CARE WHAT YOU SAY JIM SHES MY DAUGHTER TOO!" Christy yelled, Matt exhaling air. "Not again..." Violet said rolling her eyes, Matt looking at her. "This isn't the first time?" Matt asked, Violet shaking her head. "Well that's a shocker" Matt replied walking up to his sister, putting his hands into his pockets. Christy looked at him and sighed. "We'll talk about this later Jim... No I'll talk to you later BYE" Christy said hanging up the phone, sighing out of aggravation. "Is everything okay?" Matt asked, Christy shaking her head. "No, but it will be. Thanks again for doing this. Jim and I both agreed Violet needs to stay away from this mess" Christy replied just as the bells went off. "AMBO 61 CHILD IN DISTRESS. 63 MELBOURNE RD" the dispatcher said, Gabby saying goodbye to Christy before hopping into the Ambo with Sylvie, driving away to the call. "Hey Vi, why don't you go say hello to Hermann! Severides here too if you wanna go say hello" Matt offered, Violet shrugging. "Uncle Matt I know that you're trying to get rid of me so I don't get to hear what you have to say. I know a lot more than what I did two years ago" Violet said crossing her arms, Matt looking at her with a surprised expression. "Do you drive?" Violet shook her head. "Do you pay bills?" Violet shook her head again, Matt pointing towards the kitchen. "Then you're NOT an adult. This is an adult situation only including A and B so C your way out of it" Matt said, Violet rolling her eyes. "I don't get it" Violet said walking away, Matt watching her go. "Are you sure you wanna do this?" Christy then asked, Matt nodding. "I can handle her... How hard can it be?" he asked wiping his hands on a towel, Christy laughing. "Oh you're in for a treat! Thanks again Matthew" Christy said walking away, Matt nodding. "Its Matt...." he said under his breath throwing the towel onto the floor, walking into the firehouse.
________________________
"So......." Sylvie said on the way to the call, Gabby sitting looking at her phone screen. "Hmmm what?" Gabby asked closing off her phone, sliding it back into her pocket. "Were you talking to the Lieutenant?" Sylvie asked raising her eyebrows, Gabby rolling her eyes. "Actually yeah I was. He just wants me to be careful" Gabby told her, Sylvie smiling. "What?!" Gabby exclaimed laughing, Sylvie shrugging. "Nothing!!! It's just that you guys are so cute" Sylvie replied. "How's the baby?" Sylvie asked, Gabby smiling. "Great. Can't believe I'm 7 weeks along already. I'll be two months pregnant NEXT WEEK!" Gabby exclaimed realizing how long she's been pregnant, feeling like it was only yesterday when she found out she was pregnant. "I can't wait to be an aunt" Sylvie exclaimed, Gabby smiling. "You'll make a great aunt. Speaking of aunts... How's my sweet niece doing?" Gabby asked. "She's doing okay. She's not cooperating with the potty training though" Sylvie replied as they pulled up to the scene, a man rushing out, blood stained on his hands.
"PLEASE! HELP MY SON! HE FELL DOWN THE STAIRS!!!" the man cried, Sylvie grabbing the gurney as Gabby ran inside the house, seeing a little boy laying on the floor unconscious. "Sir how long has it been since he's fallen..." Gabby asked examining the boy, realizing he had a hole in his head. 'Wait a minute....' Gabby thought to herself as she looked carefully at the hole, seeing a shiny silver thing penetrating inside. 'Oh my gosh he was shot' Gabby thought to herself, looking to the dad who was suddenly backing away towards a hamper, Gabby making eye contact. "I swear if you move another inch, I'll have Intelligence slapping cuffs on your wrists and locking your butt up for life in 0.3 seconds" Gabby said, her defense mode kicking in. The man stopped and raised up his hands in surrender just as Sylvie rolled in the gurney, looking from Gabby to the man. "What's going on here Dawson?" Sylvie asked as Gabby lifted the boy feeling her stomach strain. "This piece of dirt shot the boy. Do you mind taking over for me?" Dawson asked, Sylvie nodding. "Yeah sure.... Why?" Sylvie asked as Gabby dug through her medical bag, keeping one eye focused on the man, pulling out an elastic band. She then started walking towards the man who took a couple steps back, putting his hand on the hamper. "You move again and I swear there will be another dead body in here" Gabby said stepping forward again, Sylvie dialing 911 in the background. "Your right...." the man said looking at Sylvie who had the phone to her ear. "There will be" the man said jumping and grabbing the gun and without thinking fired it. Gabby lunged forward and grabbed the mans wrist, struggling to get ahold of him. She was thrown against walls and was jabbed at by the mans elbows, but somehow she managed to tie the elastic around his wrists, adding a cable tie for protection. She then sat the man down roughly and turned and looked to Sylvie who looked up at her, holding her hand to her side. "Sylvie?" Gabby asked as Sylvie looked into Gabby's eyes, moving her hand that was covered in blood. "OH GOD NO!!!" Gabby cried out as Sylvie fell slowly to the ground, Gabby turning on her radio. "61 TO MAIN WE HAVE A PARAMEDIC DOWN PARAMEDIC DOWN!!!"
_______________________
Kelly sat at the Squad table playing cards when suddenly he heard Gabby's cries coming through his radio. "PARAMEDIC DOWN PARAMEDIC DOWN!!!" he heard making him stand straight up. Matt suddenly came bursting out of the firehouse, everyone from Truck 81 trailing right behind him. "WHATS GOING ON?!" Kelly yelled, Matt sliding on his boots and opening the passenger door. "LETS GO!!!" Matt yelled back in return, Kelly running to the Squad truck, the trucks driving to the scene. When they arrived Kelly felt his heart stop. Parked outside was Ambo 61, another ambulance was 2 minutes out. "SYLVIE!!!" yelled Kelly as he jumped out of Squad, running into the house seeing Gabby leaning over Sylvie, holding her hands over Sylvie's side. Gabby looked up to him and her face was full of tears. Kelly just stood there, trying to take in all that was going on. "HELP ME KELLY!!!!!" Gabby screamed getting Kelly's attention, Kelly leaning down and holding Sylvie's hand, tears falling from his eyes onto his cheeks. "CMON SYLVIE NOT LIKE THIS!!!" he cried, Matt running into the house holding his alligent. "SYLVIE!!!" he exclaimed rushing over, the man smiling. "I told you there would be another dead body in this house" he snickered, Matts blood started to boil. "You did this?!" Matt yelled as Kelly cried over his dying fiancé, Sylvie squeezing his hand. The man just sat there in fear, Matt dropping his alligent walking over, punching the man square in his face. "THAT WOMAN HAS A DAUGHTER, AND A FIANCÉ THAT LOVES HERE" Matt yelled continuously punching the man. "Loved" the man said, Matt snapping. "YOU LITTLE...." "CASEY STOP!!!" yelled Chief as he ran inside, getting Matt off of the man, Matt shoving the Chief. Chief then stuck out his arm and blocked Matt, Matt calmed down. "At a time like this, I need a Lieutenant who can keep his temper in check, not one that can't" Chief said, Matts eyes widening. "But Chief..." "No buts" Chief said raising his voice. "SYLVIE!!!! NO BABY STAY WITH ME" Kelly yelled as Sylvie started to seize, Gabby doing everything she could to keep her alive. Gabby had blood dripping from her face onto Sylvie's uniform, Kelly watching it fall. "Dawson....." Kelly exclaimed making Gabby look up, lots of small scratches and bruises were on her face. At that moment paramedics rushed in with another gurney, Kelly and Matt lifting Sylvie onto the stretcher, Gabby crying as she watched them roll her out, then remembering the little boy which Hermann was placing a white sheet over. "DOA" Hermann announced, Gabby hanging her head in sadness. "So......" the man said as he sat back up, blood dripping from his nose. "Talk to me and anything you say can be used against you in court" Gabby spat, the man laughing. "You don't scare me" the man replied, Gabby shrugging. "I'm glad I don't, but I'm just waiting for Intelligence to show up. We'll see your reaction then" Gabby said, hearing sirens in the distance. "You're a real piece of work" the man said, Hermann stepping in front of Gabby. "Listen dirt bag. People like us, don't have time for people like you. So why don't you hush it before you loose some teeth" Hermann said, the man rolling his eyes. "Firemen" the man mumbled just as Intelligence pulled up, Voight stepping out of one of the cars. "What's it this time?" Voight asked as he walked in, Gabby pointing to the man, Voight nodding. "Jeffery Sullivan, never thought I'd see your face again" Voight said looking at the man, Jeffery smiling. "Hank Voight, it's been awhile" Jeff responded, Gabby looking worried. "What's going on here?" she then asked, Voight raising up his hand. "Don't you worry about that. I got everything all under control" Voight said helping Jeff stand up, walking him out. "You'll be talking to my lawyer" Jeff said, Gabby laughing. "I'm suing" Gabby replied, Voight pushing Jeff out the house and into the back of his car, slamming the door shut.
________________________
Kelly let tears stream down his face as they road to the hospital, squeezing Sylvie's hand. The paramedic on the back noticed this and cleared his throat. "What's your relation to Miss. Sylvie Brett?" he asked, Kelly looking at him. "The soon to be Mrs. Severide" he replied back, the paramedic nodding his head and shooting morphine into Sylvies system, making her seizing stop. "How many minutes out?" the paramedic asked. "4" the driver replied, Kelly squeezing Sylvie's hand tighter. Sylvie's eyes then fluttered open and she looked at him and smirked. "Ow" she managed to say, Kelly standing up and leaning over, kissing her. "What happened?" Sylvie asked as she looked around, noticing she was in the back of an Ambo instead of in front. "You were shot baby...." Kelly said starting to cry, Sylvie smiling weakly. "I'm okay now, I promise... And by the end of tomorrow I'll be back home with you and......" Sylvie then started to seize, foam forming in her mouth. "NO! NO!" Kelly cried, the paramedic starting compressions. "WE'RE LOSING HER!!!" the paramedic said as Sylvie flat lined, her fingers gone limp.