Chapter Eight

"CHIEF! I had NOTHING to do with this" Casey exclaimed sounding agitated, Chief crossing his arms. "Then why was it brought to my attention?" "WHO SAID SOMETHING?!" "THATS SOMETHING IM GOING TO KEEP UNDER THE RADAR! CASEY! DID YOU DO IT OR NOT?!" Chief yelled, making Casey go silent. "I didn't do it, ask Dawson" Casey replied, Chief dismissing Casey from his office. Casey walked down the hall angry and went into his office and slammed the door, Dawson hearing it from the locker room. She looked out and saw Matt sitting in his chair, his face in his hands. Gabby walked out of the locker room fully dressed in her work uniform and knocked on Matts door, Matt motioning for her to come in. "Is everything alright Lieutenant?" she asked smirking, Matt looking at her angry. "What's wrong?" Gabby then asked changing her attitude, sitting on Matts lap so she was facing him, wrapping her arms around his neck. Matt looked up at her and sighed. "Chief told me some disturbing news, and someone in the firehouse put a claim against me" "FOR WHAT?" Gabby then asked, sounding annoyed. "They said that I stole 50 grand!" "WHAT!!!" Gabby exclaimed, Matt nodding. "I know! It shocked me when I heard it too!" Matt said, Gabby suddenly kissing him, the kiss growing deeper. "Gabby..." Matt moaned as she kissed his neck, Gabby clutching onto his black jacket. They were then interrupted when someone knocked on the door, and Gabby quickly got off of Matts lap and sat on his cot, pretending to read a magazine. Matt got up and opened the door, Hermann and Cruz walked in. "Lieutenant we got a problem" Cruz stated glaring at Hermann, Hermann clenching his fist and gritting his teeth to keep from bursting with anger. Nobody noticed Gabby and she just sat and watched, not saying a word. "We have a dirty fireman in the house. Hermann and I, were called into Chiefs office and we were asked if we stole 75 grand! Hermann accused me...." "NO NO NO THATS NOT WHAT HAPPENED CRUZ!!!" Hermann yelled, cutting off Cruz who suddenly crossed his arms. "GUYS.... HEY!!!! I think I see what the problem is here...." Casey told them, both Hermann and Cruz looking at him. "Someone here in this house is playing all of us"
_________________________
Kelly looked at Sylvie and smiled. "Are you glad we did this?" he asked her, Sylvie nodding. "I am..." she said rubbing his back, Kelly leaning down and kissing her, suddenly hearing Alexa cry. "Well I guess that's her way of telling us our time is up!" Kelly exclaimed getting out of bed, looking at Sylvie who sat up and laughed. "I'll get her" Kelly said leaving the room, Sylvie hopping out of bed and throwing on one of Kelly's t-shirts. "Hey baby girl!!!" Sylvie exclaimed as Kelly walked back in with Alexa in his arms, Alexa rubbing her eyes. "You look awesome in my clothes" Kelly exclaimed, Sylvie laughing and taking Alexa from Kelly and giving her a kiss. "Your daddy is a big flirt you know that?!" "Well what can I say? The heart wants what it wants" Kelly replied looking Sylvie in the eye, kissing her. "Ma ma ma ma" Alexa cooed making Sylvie smile."I can't believe you're a year and a half already baby girl" Sylvie replied, stroking Alexa's hair, Kelly getting back into bed and laying down. Alexa crawled over to Kelly and laid her head on his bare chest, curling up her little legs and relaxing. "Haha look at the two of you. My two lazy loves of my life!" Sylvie exclaimed, making Kelly laugh. "Oh really??!" Kelly said, pulling Sylvie down with his hand and cuddling her close, kissing her head. "Oh Kelly Severide how I love you so" Sylvie joked around speaking in a mid evil tone. "Oh my Sylvie Brett, how I love YOU so" Kelly replied, turning his head toward Sylvie, their lips connecting, Alexa laying in the middle of them. "I wonder what's going on at the firehouse" Sylvie said, Kelly nodding. "So do I..."
__________________________
"TRUCK 81, SQUAD 3, AMBO 61, BATTALION 25 STRUCTURE FIRE 1357 ROOSEVELT" the dispatcher said making everyone run out to the trucks. Gabby quickly slid on her gear and jumped into the seat, Matt then giving the all clear to drive away. On the way to the fire Matt turned around and looked at everybody. "Alright listen up" he said, Hermann, Mouch, Cruz, and Dawson staring at him. "We'll be having a new recruit coming in to take over Rhodes spot. This firefighter comes from Firehouse 23..." "Oh the Underdogs?!" Hermann exclaimed, making Dawson laugh. Matt chuckled and nodded his head. "Yes the 'Underdogs' and oh yeah by the way Hermann when he gets here.... Don't bring that up" Casey said, Hermann shrugging. "I'll try not to Lieutenant, but like I already told yah. I can't make any promises" Hermann answered, making everyone laugh."What's his name?" Dawson asked, making Casey stare at her. "Kyle Reynolds??" "Wait Kyle Reynolds??" Dawson asked, her face gone pale. "Yeah.... What's up?" Casey asked, everyone looking at her. "If I didn't know any better I think our candidate here must've had a little romance with the Underdog" Hermann stated, Mouch laughing. Casey looked at her. "Gabby... Is that true?" Dawson looked at everyone and nodded. "Yeah, we were together for six months" Gabby mumbled, Hermann laughing. "Oh boy this is going to be so awkward! How long has it been since you've seen him?" Hermann asked. "3 years" That sounded about right to Matt. Gabby and him weren't together then. They had only been friends then. "How come we didn't get to meet him?!" Mouch asked, Hermann and Cruz nodding in agreement. "Like I said, it only last six months" Gabby replied looking at Matt, who gave a weak smile. "Nothing will change though right?" Matt asked. "I think Lieutenant here is a bit worried" Hermann exclaimed, Matt and Gabby ignoring him. "Nothing will EVER change between us. The love I have for you is so strong, I'll die with it" she told him, making Matt smile. "Same here" he replied just as they pulled up to the fire.
"Goodness boys this ones rolling!!!" Casey shouted out as he hopped out of Truck, walking over to one of the compartments and grabbing an alligent. "Truck do a primary search. Squad, vent the roof" Chief ordered, everyone doing as they were told. "Dawson, you're on my hip. Hermann, Cruz, you two stick together. Mouch, raise the aerial" Casey ordered, Dawson immediately walking behind Casey into the building. "CALL OUT!!! IF YOU CAN HEAR ME CALL OUT!!!" yelled Casey through his mask, sweeping his hand all around. Dawson walked behind him and then out of the corner of her eye, she saw movement. She rushed over and leaned down. "Help me" the voice cried out, gagging on smoke. Dawson looked around worried and suddenly took off her mask, handing it to the woman so she could breathe. Dawson coughed and wrapped her arms underneath the woman's arms, and started to drag her, the woman still breathing in the air from Dawson's mask. Casey looked behind him and noticed Dawson wasn't with him. "DAWSON! REPORT!" he yelled into his radio, not getting an answer. Dawson heard Casey's voice over the radio and ignored it, suddenly hearing the Chiefs voice. "Dawson, if you can hear me.... Report!!" Dawson placed her face toward her radio and coughed. "I'm okay you guys. Just bringing a victim out now" Dawson said as she walked out the building, Mouch running up to her and grabbed the victim just as Dawson hunched over coughing uncontrollably. "DAWSON!!!" yelled Casey as he ran out the building and up to Dawson, who sat down holding her chest. "CAN WE GET A PARAMEDIC OVER HERE?!" Casey shouted, making Mills run over. "Matt... I'm fine" "NO YOURE NOT!!! YOURE NEVER ALLOWED TO LEAVE MY SIDE! DO YOU HEAR ME CANDIDATE?!" Matt yelled, Gabby looking up at him upset. "Lieutenant there's no need to yell at her...." Mills said. "MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS MILLS!!!" Casey yelled walking away, Dawson rubbing her forehead with her fingers. Mills sat down next to her and placed a hand on her back. "Are you okay?" he asked trying to place a breathing mask over her face, but Dawson wouldn't let him. "Yeah I'm fine...." she said, a tear trickling down her face. Mills wiped away her tear and held her close, Dawson crying into his chest. Casey watched from afar, his blood boiling with anger. Gabby knew better than to give up her mask. This was the 2nd time she's done it, and they ended back to where they were before. Watching Mills comfort her made him upset. He shouldn't have yelled at her like that, especially in public. What he had done was a bad move on his career, but more importantly his relationship with Dawson was starting to fall apart.