Chapter Three

"Hey Dawson!" exclaimed Kelly as they walked out the firehouse to their cars, Matt running up behind Gabby and wrapping his arms around her waist. "Hey boys!!!" she exclaimed turning around, kissing Matt on the lips. "Thanks for doing this" Kelly said, gently poking Gabby's shoulder. "You're welcome! I can't wait to get my baby fix! Alexa's welcomed over anytime!" Kelly smiled and looked at Matt who nodded. "Where's Sylvie?" Matt asked. "She said she had to get something out of her locker, and she wanted me to wait by the car" Kelly replied. "Sorry you guys!!!" shouted Sylvie as she quickly walked out of the firehouse, swinging her bag over her shoulder. "You ready to go?" Kelly asked wrapping an arm around Sylvie's shoulders, Sylvie smiled. "Yeah! Gabby! Do you want us to head straight to your place or do you want some time to get settled in?" Sylvie asked as Gabby walked towards Matts car, opening the passenger door. "Whatever you want to do. I'm cool with it either way" Gabby replied, Matt walking to his side of the door and getting in, turning on the engine. "Okay! We'll see you in a half hour" Sylvie said waving, hopping into Kelly's car and they drove off, Matt and Gabby driving in the opposite direction.
__________________________
"Matt do you have the baby locks on all the doors and on the cabinets?" Gabby asked as she cleared off their coffee table, Matt looking at her with his eyes wide. "Gabby, what do you think I've been doing for the past 15 minutes?!" he asked her, Gabby glaring at him. "I don't have time for your smart remarks" she told him, Matt laughing. "Brrrrr someone's becoming icy cold" he said, Gabby throwing a pillow at him. "No I'm not. If anything, I'm the opposite of cold" "Eh, at least you're right about being the opposite of cold part" "Shut up....." she said playfully as Matt wrapped his arms around her, Gabby snuggling her face into his chest. "We'll finally get to see how it's like having a little child running around!" Matt exclaimed, Gabby laughing. "Oh no no no... YOU will get to know how it's like having a little child run around!" "HEY! Aren't BOTH of us doing this?" Matt asked raising his voice. "Yeah, but I already know how it's like.... You don't" Gabby laughed, Matt playfully pulling her in and kissing the top of her head. "You're cute you know that?" Gabby looked at Matt and nodded, kissing his lips slowly. She drew back and smiled. "Yeah I know... But I like it when you tell me" she replied just as there was a knock on the door. "You ready?" Matt asked as he walked to the door, placing a hand on the knob. Gabby nodded. "Let's do this!!"
__________________________
"So tell me, where're we going?" Kelly asked as he pulled out of Matt and Gabby's apartment complex, getting onto the main road. Sylvie held his hand and smiled. "Navy Pier" she replied, Kelly glancing at her and he smiled. "Really?" Sylvie nodded. "Yeah, I have some stuff planned for tonight" Kelly looked at her again and smiled. "What kind of stuff?" he asked her, pulling up to a red light. "Well let's see.... We'll have dinner at Molly's, and then we'll head over to Navy Pier to have some fun!" "Sounds like a pretty good plan to me" he told her, leaning over and kissing her. Kelly then thought about the time he had went with Shay to Navy Pier. It had been the best night of his life, and now that he was going with the love of his life to the same spot made Navy Pier even more special to him. Sylvie could tell that Kelly had something on his mind, so she spoke up. "Have something on your mind?" she asked him, Kelly looking at her. "Am I that transparent?!" Sylvie laughed. "I know you babe. Better than you know your own self" "That's true..." Kelly admitted, Sylvie still laughing. "But seriously what's up?" Sylvie asked again, getting all serious. "Can we talk about it over dinner?" Kelly asked as he parked the car in Molly's parking lot. "Sure" Sylvie replied, getting out the car and walking with Kelly into Molly's. "Hey you guys what brings you here? Is this one wanting to drink???" Hermann asked Sylvie pointing at Kelly, making them all laugh.
"No we're here on a date actually" Kelly replied making Hermann wrinkle his nose. "So.... You're not drinking?" he asked confused, Kelly laughing. "Hermann that was the old me. Sure I'll have a few drinks here and there but who doesn't?!" Kelly exclaimed, Sylvie laughing. "Alright alright I'll give you that. Before I let you go, how's Alexa doing?" Hermann asked, Sylvie smiling. "She's great! I can't believe my baby's already a year old" "Yeah I'm telling you. Time sure does fly by quick! It seems just like yesterday she was born!" Hermann exclaimed, making Kelly and Sylvie smile. "You two enjoy your night" Hermann said walking away, Kelly leading Sylvie to a booth where they were shortly met by a waitress. "Hi welcome to Molly's. Can I interest you in our Lemon Cocktail or new Raspberry Champagne?" the waitress asked, Sylvie looking at Kelly with big eyes. "Raspberry Champagne sounds good......" Sylvie said, making Kelly laugh. "We'll get one Raspberry Champagne and one water please" Kelly told the waitress, making her walk away to get their drinks. "Really babe? You, out of all people to order water?! It's date night!" Sylvie exclaimed, making Kelly laugh. "We work shift tomorrow, and I know if that Raspberry Champagne is really good I'll order more than one!" Sylvie looked at Kelly and smiled.
"So, what were you thinking about while we drove here?" Sylvie asked as the waitress placed their drinks on the table, walking away. "I was thinking about you, Navy Pier, and......" Kelly stopped as he watched Sylvie pop open her champagne, taking a sip. "Wow this is FANTASTIC!" Sylvie exclaimed taking another sip, Kelly smiling. "Really?" Kelly asked, Sylvie nodding. "YEAH! Take a sip" she told him handing Kelly the bottle, taking a sip. "Wow......." Kelly said handing Sylvie back her bottle. "What else were you thinking about?" Sylvie asked him, Kelly taking a sip of his water. "I was thinking about Shay" he replied, Sylvie smiling. Sylvie only knew little about Shay, and she wished Kelly would tell her more. From what he had told her, she seemed to be the ultimate best friend, so she wanted to know more about her. "Tell me about her" Sylvie said, Kelly looking at Sylvie and shaking his head. He placed his hands over Sylvie's and looked her in the eyes. "Tonight is not about everyone else, only about us" Kelly told her, Sylvie smiling. "Well tonight is also going to be about Shay. I want to know more about her" Sylvie replied, Kelly nodding. "Well I can't argue with that" he said, Sylvie laughing. "For one, she was my best friend, heck she was like the sister I thought I never had" Kelly started, Sylvie smiling as Kelly talked, pouring out his feelings to her.
_________________________
"MATT!!!" yelled Gabby as she held Alexa who wouldn't stop throwing herself back, kicking and screaming. Matt walked out their room and covered his ears, Gabby shouting at him. "COME HOLD HER AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS!!!" Matt walked up to Gabby and held his arms out to Alexa, who climbed into them and laid her head on his shoulder, sucking her thumb. "That's unbelievable" Gabby said in awe, Matt rubbing Alexa's back. "Ah she just wanted her Uncle Matt" Matt replied grinning. "Since you have her, do you mind putting her down for a nap so I can get started on dinner?" Gabby asked, Matt nodding his head. "Sure no problem" he said walking into what would've been Andy's nursery, sitting on the glider and rocked Alexa. Matt looked around the room and sighed. In one corner he had a nice wooden crib set up, with a firefighting mobile hanging over it. Next to that was the dresser that was full of clothes. Matt couldn't even remember how much they spent alone on clothes, since Gabby would throw any little thing into the cart. When both Matt and Gabby saw anything that was Firefighter related, they'd throw it into the cart, because for one it was their job and two, it was something they both loved. He then looked down at Alexa's sweet face and smiled. He then kissed her cheek and stood up, placing Alexa into the crib and covering her with a blanket before leaving the room, closing the door behind him. Matt stood in front of the door, his hand still on the knob and he suddenly felt his feet give out from underneath him and he slid down the wall and cried silently so Gabby wouldn't hear him down the hall. He missed Andy so much, even if he only knew him for four days. He was his son, and nothing would ever change that.