Chapter Seven

"Erin!!!" shouted Kelly as he ran into Intelligence, Erin quickly walking up to Kelly and hugging him, holding him close. It's been two days since Erin's been discharged, and Kelly hadn't been able to see her since he worked a 48 hour shift. "I'm so glad you're okay!!!" Kelly exclaimed, suddenly tearing up. Erin placed her lips on top of Kelly's ear and sighed. "You hear that?" she asked him, Kelly looking up and staring into her eyes. He then nodded his head, Erin pulling him close again, placing her hand on the back of his head. "That's the sound of life. I'm okay" she whispered into his ear, Kelly getting the chills. "I love you, you know that right?" Kelly asked, Erin looking at him and smiling. "Yeah I know" she said stroking the back of his head, Kelly leaning in and kissing her cheek. "I can't loose ya too baby sis, I just can't" Kelly told her, Erin pulling him again and hugging him, Kelly starting to cry. Voight then knocked on the door and came in, Kelly quickly drying up his tears and looking at Voight, who held a piece of cloth in his hand. He then tossed it to Kelly who caught it and he stared at it. It was stained with blood. "What's this for?" Kelly asked, Voight wiping off his hands. "Like I told Casey, a deals a deal" Voight replied walking away, Kelly smiling.
__________________________
Matt and Gabby sat on the couch, Matts arm in a sling. Dr. Kendra had told them that Matt had a dislocated and mildly fractured shoulder, which was causing all the pain Matt was experiencing. "So......" Gabby said as Matt wrapped his good arm around Gabby, snuggling her close. He then breathed out and sighed. "So......" "How much longer is it until you can return back to work?" Gabby asked staring at him, Matt shrugging. "5 weeks" he muffled, Gabby sighing loudly. "This sucks" "What sucks?" Matt asked. "We can't even go a couple of months without being at a hospital. I'm starting to think maybe we should move in!" Gabby exclaimed, making Matt laugh. "Okay now you're overreacting" "No I'm not! We've been in the hospital over 10 times these past two months, ask Kendra!!!" Matt continued to laugh until Gabby got up, turning on the TV. "Hey what're you doing?!" Matt asked as Gabby sat back down, crossing her arms. "Watching TV" "I liked how we were though. I was starting to get comfortable!" Matt complained, Gabby rolling her eyes. "Fine...." she said quietly, standing back up and turning off the TV and getting back into the position she was in before with Matt. "Some part of you must still enjoy this" Matt said running his finger over Gabby's arm, Gabby shivering. "Haha see...." Matt said, continually running his finger up and down her arm. Gabby felt her cheeks get red and she giggled. "Alright stop...." she said, Matt moving his hand to her waist. Gabby then looked into Matts eyes and before either one of them could say a word, their lips crashed together, them fighting over dominance of who got to control the kiss.
"I win" Matt said breathless, placing his forehead on Gabby's, Gabby smiling. "I let you win" Gabby remarked, Matt smirking. "Really? Let's have a rematch" Matt offered, and before he could say another word, Gabby started kissing him back, her kisses full of passion. In between kisses Matt was able to say, "How'd I get so lucky?!" Gabby stopped and looked at him and smirked. "I've had my practice" Matt gave her a funny look and playfully stuck his tongue out at her. "Haha very funny" he said, kissing her again, placing his hand on her back.
**5 Weeks Later**
"Sylvie I'm home" Kelly said as he walked into their apartment, realizing they weren't home. "Alexa, Sylvie?!" Kelly called out again, no answer. He then looked all around and then when he opened the door to their room, he smiled. Laying on the bed were Alexa and Sylvie, snuggled up together fast asleep. Kelly placed his bag on the floor and slid off his shoes, sliding into bed next to Sylvie, wrapping an arm around her waist. Sylvie's eyes suddenly flew open and she turned her head, noticing Kelly looking at her and smiling. She smiled back and she slowly shifted onto her back, Alexa still in the crook of her arm. Kelly then leaned over Sylvie and kissed her, his kiss full of passion. Sylvie then drew back and looked at Alexa who slept peacefully, her little cheeks a rosy red. "Why don't I go put her in her crib, so then me and you can carry along our business?" Sylvie whispered Kelly nodding his head. "Sounds like a plan" Kelly whispered back, moving out her way so she could easily lift up Alexa and leave the room. Kelly waited for her to get back and as he sat up, Sylvie reappeared, dimming the lights. "Ready?" Sylvie asked, laying down next to Kelly and kissing him, Kelly pulling back and looking at her. "Ready for what?" Kelly asked smirking. "Ready to plan the wedding?" she said, sitting up and pulling out a notepad and a pencil from a drawer. Kelly sighed. "Can't we do that later?" he asked sitting up, Sylvie shaking her head. "Nope, and I won't do anything you want to do until we have this all planned out first" Sylvie told him, Kelly closing his eyes and shaking his head. "What's there to plan?" he asked, Sylvie rolling her eyes. "THERES A BUNCH TO PLAN BABE! Our guest list, the date and time, cake, food, reception I could just go on and on but...." Kelly then kissed Sylvie cutting her off. Their kiss suddenly grew deeper and soon enough they forget planning. All they were focused on were each other, arms around one another, whispering "I love you" here and there. This is how Kelly liked to spend his nights. Being with the girl he loved.
_________________________
Matt woke up and sat up in bed, rolling his shoulder blades. Gabby suddenly then sat up and placed her hand on Matts back, smiling at him. "How're you feeling?" she asked him, Matt smiling back. "I'm feeling like a hundred bucks" he told her giving her a quick kiss. "Cmon, we don't want to be late for shift today" Matt said getting out of bed, quickly undressing and throwing on a CFD t-shirt and some jeans, Gabby throwing on one of her old Paramedic T-shirts and shorts. "You ready to go back already?!" Gabby joked around, Matt laughing. "Oh yeah, more than ready" he told her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders walking out the apartment.
"HEY WELCOME BACK LIEUTENANT!" Hermann exclaimed as Matt and Gabby walked into the firehouse hand in hand. "Thanks you guys... Hey? Where's Kelly?" Matt asked, noticing Kelly wasn't there. "You didn't here?" Hermann asked, Matt looking at everyone and then at Gabby, shaking his head. "No what's up?" "He called in" "HOLD UP A MINUTE.... Kelly... Kelly Severide called in?!" Matt asked, everyone nodding his head. "Yeah so did Brett" Cruz added in, Matt scratching his head, Gabby looked around confused. "But why?" Gabby asked, everyone shrugging just as Chief walked in. "CHIEF!" Gabby exclaimed, Chief looking at her and smiled. "Morning Dawson" "Do you know why Kelly and Brett called out?" Gabby asked him, Chief nodding. "They took a personal day. Kelly mentioned something about planning something" Chief told her, Gabby looking right away at Matt. "Oh my gosh" she whispered, Matts eyes getting big. "They're planning the wedding" Matt grinned and looked at Chief and nodded. "Thanks Chief" Matt said, but before Matt could walk away, Chief poked his arm. "Casey, can you come with me please? We need to have a discussion" Chief said, Casey nodding. "Sure, but can I change out first??" "That can wait" Chief said right away, Matt handing Gabby his jump bag and nodded. "Yeah sure...." Casey said unsure of what was going to happen, following Chief to his office.