The Hot Springs

Nikki's P.O.V.

Today's the day we're going to the Sohma family Hot Springs. I woke up early, well earlier than ever. It was 5:48 and I can't sleep. Katy and Ash look really cute when they sleep. I walked downstairs, but the lights were closed. There was no sign of Tohru, Yuki, and Shigure in the kitchen. I walked back upstairs and went to Kyo's room. He wasn't sleeping on his bed, but I noticed the sliding door that led to his balcony was open. I went outside to his balcony and climbed up to the roof. Kyo was lying on the roof and he was staring a the sky. I wonder what he was thinking about. I sat next to him and also looked at the sky. Kyo looked at me and smiled.

"You're up early." Kyo said.

"I was thinking the same thing about you." I replied.

"Well I'm always up early." Kyo answered with a warm smile. "Do you want to watch the sunrise with me?"

"Of course" I answered happily.

We watched the sun come up. It was the most beautiful thing I ever saw. It was now 6:00, so three more hours until the bus comes to pick us up.

"So why are you up here anyways?" I asked.

"I usually come here whenever I want to get time for myself. Mostly because of Yuki." Kyo explained. " I nodded. "How about we go downstairs now."

"Okay." I answered and followed him to the living room.

***

About fifteen minutes later, Tohru came downstairs. She walked to the kitchen, not even noticing us. Then she came back in the living room like she forgot something.

"Good morning Nikki and Kyo. I'm sorry, I didn't see you two." Tohru greeted and apologized.

"It's okay." I said accepting her apology.

I could smell the delicious scent Tohru's cooking from the kitchen. How does she make her food so flavorful, how? I wish I could cook like her, but I'm not as good as her. After that thought, Katy and Ash came downstairs, then walking down the hall next to each other was Yuki and Shigure. Yuki seemed really tired and it looked like he was about to pass out from lack of sleep. Shigure on the other hand was wide awake, and was randomly humming a weird tune.

"Good morning everyone." Shigure beamed. "Ahh, what has my lovely princess make today for breakfast."

"Princess?" Kyo questioned in a rude matter.

"Well isn't she a princess." Shigure answered Kyo with pride.

"Shut up you pervert." Kyo said.

Shigure was astonished. "How dare you call me a pervert." Shigure said like a five would do.

We all sat down at the table and began to eat. Surprisingly, Tohru's food was much better than yesterdays. She should actually have a cooking show, and she could explain her secret behind her cooking.

***

The two hours were not really fun. After breakfast everyone still had to finish packing. I was being rushed by my sisters, but clearly I finished twenty minutes ago. Second, Kyo and Yuki began to fight, because Yuki said to him to quit sitting around and to finish getting packed. It was quite amusing to see them fight, but once Kyo got knocked out by Yuki, his pain soon appeared in my heart. Finally, Shigure's editor came and she started crying because Shigure wouldn't give her any papers. Yup, the whole house was chaos, except for Tohru, who was calmly getting ready.

Then we eventually boarded the bus. I sat next to Kyo and Katy, and on the other side Ash, Yuki and Tohru sat next to each other. The bus was huge. It was like a tour bus that bands would take to get around from town to town. Kyo and I were silent the whole ride. Basically everyone didn't talk, unless Yuki or Tohru would say they remembered something from their last trip to the Hot Springs.