The Storm

Nikki's P.O.V.

The sun peeked though the corner of the curtains, shining onto my eyelids, causing me to wake up. The sun blinded me for a few moments then I lifted myself up from my sleeping position and stretched. I noticed my sisters weren't in the same bed that I was. I wonder where they are? I was about to get out of bed, until I saw Katy and Ash on a separate mattress on the ground.

"Gah! Katy, Ash, what are you guys sleeping there. I could've stepped on you two." I shrieked. At that moment Katy and Ash immediately jumped up in surprise.

"What, what happened?" Ash said.

I let out a deep sigh. "Why are you sleeping on a mattress instead in bed with me?" I said impatiently.

"We wanted you to sleep, anyways I'm hungry." Katy walked out of the room, leaving me and Ash here.

I looked at Ash, then got up. "I'm going to get breakfast too." I carefully stepped around the around the mattresses, making sure I don't trip and fall on my face, then have Ash laughing her head off in the corner. I finally got around the mattresses and headed to the door, and on my way out I closed it, leaving Ash alone in our bedroom.

***

I calmly walked down the stairs, suddenly I heard a extremely loud noise coming from the kitchen. I quickly ran to the kitchen to see what was going on. As I walk in, I noticed Kyo and Yuki glaring at each other. I looked in front of both of them and I saw shattered glass all over the place. Apparently, Tohru hadn't come downstairs yet, and I haven't seen Katy around either.

"Look what you've done, ya damn rat!" Kyo barked. "Can't a guy like me get something down without your clumsiness around here?!"

"What I've done? I'm sorry, but it was your fault in the first place. You're the one who dropped the bowl you stupid cat." Yuki spat back.

Kyo clenched his fists. "Yeah just blame it all on me. I wouldn't of dropped it if you hadn't bumped into me! Now who's fault is it, idiot." Kyo bellowed in irritation.

They both continued to argue, while I just stood there watching them. I wanted to say something, but to me it'll feel like I'm interrupting them. Kinda.

"Um," I finally managed to say. Kyo and Yuki turned their heads to my direction, then blinked. Kyo blushed uncontrollably, probably in embarrassment, and Yuki hung his head down.

"Sorry Nikki," Kyo apologized.

"Yes we apologize, especially if we caused any trouble to you." Yuki said.

"It's alright, but um do you guys know where Katy and Tohru are?" I asked.

"Over here!" I heard a voice call from a distance. I walked over to the living room and just as I suspected, Katy was sitting on the couch eating a bag a chips.

"One, that's not breakfast. Two, what are you watching?" I asked with an attitude.

Katy hesitated for a moment. "Well I couldn't find anything else, so this bag of potato chips seemed like it would be a great snack until some idiot cooks me food. And I'm watching last nights episode of Scream Queens." Katy explained. I rolled my eyes then went back to the kitchen. As I walked in, I saw Kyo and Yuki crouched down on the ground quickly picking up the shattered pieces of glass.

"Ah good morning everyone!" Someone happily beamed. I turned myself around and saw Tohru walking towards me. "Good morning Nikki! How'd you sleep."

"I slept well thank you," I answered in a cheerful tone. Tohru walked passed me into the kitchen, then shrieked.

"Oh no, how could I let this happen. If only I woken up more earlier instead of accidentally sleeping in, the bowl wouldn't have been broken! Here let me do this. Its my job to clean and cook, and I wouldn't be able to do that if you two are doing my job. Oh how could I be so careless!" Tohru began running around in circles, freaking out over one little thing.