part:24

She looked around to see if he was still there but when couldn't see him anywhere she took a breath of relief and fastened her movements to untie the almost loosened strings. He was so engrossed in listening to the other side of the phone that he forgot to tie them right and left in a hurry, asking the guard at the door to look for her but he was busy in tiktok videos and not paying any attention to her. The door was open.

'She's a great runner, she can make it very fast out of that place.' She thought to herself with a determination. Soon the strings were off. She again looked at the door and estimated the distance from her place.

'It'll take just half minute.' She was ready to make a stride. With a final look at the guard she flee toward the door and before the guard could comprehend the situation she was out of the room. It was a farmhouse type place, she looked for the door. It was there, straight in her front but she couldn't take the risk. It would take time. She saw at her left, there was a fence that lead to the outside cropland. She ran to it.

"Hey, stop, otherwise I'll open the fire." The guard tried to threaten but his shivering voice was enough to tell he cannot do it. She jumped and crossed the fence, running through the crops, trying not to trip on her feet she kept running without any certain direction. She was exhausted but she had to save herself from those blood thirsty relatives of hers.

Soon, the main road was visible to her eyes. It brought a new energy to her body and she ran with all her might. Their were not much vehicles there. She climbed up to the road and with heavy breath and soar throat tried to scream. A car was coming to her, she waved desperately. But it passed without even lowering its speed. She started to run on the road frantically.

She didn't even notice that she was in the middle of the road. As she looked at her back that man was at a little distance from her. She sped up but hitting something, her body flew a few feet in the air and was slammed down on the road. That man, observing the situation stopped behind some bushes. She was bleeding. Soon a pool of blood formed on the road near her body. The vehicle stopped at some distance with a sudden breaks. But started right away and caught speed, disappearing from the scene in a few minutes.

The guard was shocked at the sight. He took his phone out of his pocket and with trembling hands dialed emergency number. Informing them about the accident he turned his phone off and himself ran away.
☆☆☆☆☆

"I'm sorry to say she's lost her memory. She can't remember anything about her past." As the doctor said, the old couple's expressions changed into worry. They askd him for some time to decide what to do next.

"What should we do, we don't even know about her family nor she had anything to track them." The man asked. Woman tried to think something and then reaching a decision spoke,

"We've to hurry to get back to the village. If we are late your sister would through tantrums for eternity. Why not take her with us until she's unwell. We can't leave her here unattended. She's just our nimra's age. So I don't like the idea of leaving her."

He chuckled lightly at her choice of words and nodded saying, "let's talk to the doctor. Then we can go." He headed back to the doctor's office. With his permission they took her to thei village with them.

They had to go there to attend marriage of the old man's nephew. They bought some clothes for her on the way so she too could attend the marriage with them. She was just being silent and observing everyone. Their family was surprised to see her but she didn't know what explanation they made to make them silent. They had many questions but were repressing them in their heart ,she could feel that from their faces but ignored them.
☆☆☆☆☆

They were tired after the marriage ceremony ended and were staying for the time, in a small home the spouse had there. She was sleeping in the room their daughter had. She saw her photos with them but couldn't get to know where she was.

She was sitting on the stool inside the kitchen as the aunty (she was calling that woman, Aunty) was cutting some vegetables to cook curry for the dinner. Burner was on and pan was placed on it. Onion was getting brown by the time in hot oil poured in the pan. She got up from the chair and put the vegetables in the pan then stirring it with the wooden spoon she mixed them well and covered it with the plate.

"What made you help me that day? You obviously know nothing about me." Amy suddenly asked the question that was in her mind for many days.

Aunty stopped doing what she was doing and kept her gaze in the pan. She knew what she was asking.

"My daughter, she was your age when she died. It was about 5 years ago. She was coming back from her college. It was her first time doing it by herself as his father wasn't able to get her on time due to some reasons. She was kidnapped by some bad people and made her lose her dignity. She died in hospital due to the pain and ridicule she faced." She was saying with the sorrow in her voice as it happened recently.

"She must be hopeful that we'd come to save her. She'd be angry that we let her feel that much pain. No parents do that to their children."

"It's ok. She'll never be angry with the parents like you, you know she's proud of you who's helping others when even I don't know who am I." She hugged her from her back putting her head on her shoulder.

"You're good at comforting others." Her throat rumbled with a light laughter as she caressed her hair with light strokes. Amy just smiled.

"You should stop that and make something for both of us to eat. We're starving." Uncle came out of the room when he completed his work and said to his wife. Amy made a distance from her and smiled.

"You should wait for some time. It's ready. I've made bread already. Now curry will be prepared in no time. Be patient." She said scolding him.

"Ok my dear wife. Let's make dinner table, princess." They were calling her 'princess' as they didn't know her name. According to uncle, daughters are princesses, so they should be called and treated like ones too.

"Okay uncle." She stood up from the stool and left the kitchen to help him.

"I hope she get to meet her family soon. Such a good and beautiful daughter." Aunty thought to herself mumbling and stirring the spoon in the pan.
☆☆☆☆☆

A/N:
Can my readers please make a little movement to tell me if they are there on the other side of screen?? I know it'll be a hustle for you but please make me feel something so I can get to know you and your thoughts about this story better. I really feel like I'm speaking to myself. No comment or vote or any other motion. Yrr I'm not gonna snatch your lollipop. I never did it even when I was a little girl why would I do it now??

Please please make me feel something like I'm a writer and I HAVE READERS!!!!

LOVE TO YA'LL even though you're not going to change.....