𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𑁍 8

In all the excitement about the butler and the explorer and the stories and Will, Rose had completely forgotten about Blanche, and how much of a snake she was.

She had proved herself to be something like a nice person in the creation of the memoir to Monica, but that didn't cancel out what she had done in the past.

So, that morning, when it was just the two in the dorm, and Rose was looking for her journals, she wasn't surprised to find out Blanche had stolen them.

"Missing something?"

But she was extremely scared as she turned to see them in the girl's hands.

"What-? How did you-?" She got out.

"You're not the only one who can't sleep around here, I'm just a little less obvious about it," Blanche said casually, sitting on Rose's bed.

"Give them back," Rose said, but her tone wasn't threatening, it was more pleading.

Blanche smirked at her.

"It's nothing really-" she began.

"If it's nothing, why do you want it so much?" Blanche demanded.

"Because-" Rose's eyes grew wide.

She had wrote last night - about the feelings she's been having for Will, and she had poured her whole soul out into the journal-

"I write stuff in them," she admitted to Blanche.

"Do you write about me?" Was the immediate next question.

"No, of course not-"

"Then what do you write about?"

"Dreams, things I make up, it doesn't matter," Rose said quickly.

"I suppose not," Blanche said. "Except this one article. One about a... a boy. Now, what was his name...?"

"Give them BACK-!" Rose lunged but Blanche dodged, turning to the page and smirking.

"Oh, here we go. You feel very protected when he's around, don't you? And his brown eyes, and the way he makes you so happy..." Blanche rolled her eyes, pretending to be sick.

"I said give!" Rose screamed, yanking the journals from Blanche's grip.

"Well, I suppose I should give them back," Blanche smirked slightly. "Because the only writing you'll be doing when you leave here is recipes, or shopping lists."

Rose clenched her fists and gripped her journals tight.

"Stuff like fancying boys and writing stories gets us into trouble," Blanche told her.

"Well, not you, you can go and cry to Matron," Rose snapped. "Don't ever think of including us in your deals, do you?"

"No," Blanche said honestly. "Because I don't help others. And I don't have friends."

Rose rolled her eyes as Blanche pushed past her.

But there was still a fear, niggling in my stomach.

𑁍𑁍𑁍

"Blanche found out about my journals," Rose told Harriet later over cleaning stairs. "I'm afraid she'll tell Matron. I have to hide them in the tower before she finds them."

"What, now? Too risky," Harriet said immediately.

"Please," Rose begged.