𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𑁍 10

The circus was amazing. Rose had finally made it!

There were tents everywhere, and loads of performers were also there, warming up. Hoop spinners, snake charmers, fire jugglers, stilt walkers, you name it, Rose was seeing it now.

But she didn't see the arial performer, Madame Adeline, anywhere.

Then, finally, she saw a sign pointing in her direction.

She began ducking tent ropes, jumping over haystacks and dodging performers to get there.

Soon enough, she arrived at a small caravan which she knocked on the door of.

No answer.

𑁍𑁍𑁍

Rose had debated it, but eventually, she had decided to go in.

"Madame Adeline?"

The caravan was empty, but it was very luxurious.

It had silks and scarves of various colours, some china teacups on the shelves with extravagant paint jobs on them.

There were also feather boas, which Rose slowly held in her hand, going round the caravan slowly.

She looked at the jewellery box, which was filled with wonders and beauties. She took a glance in the mirror, and saw her appearance was just the same as it had been always.

Finally, she found a shawl and decided to put it on. It was a beautiful purple-pink colour, and as Rose looked in the mirror at herself, she had never been so sure that-

"Thief!"

Rose jumped and turned round, being met by Madame Adeline, a furious look on her face.

"What are you doing? Take that off!" Madame Adeline continued.

"Sorry, it's just- I'm not a thief," Rose stammered, taking off the shawl and putting it back where she found it.

"Get out of my caravan!" Madame Adeline snapped again.

"But I saw you at the foundling hospital!" Rose tried to explain. "I've got tickets! I just want to talk to you!"

"Yes, well, children usually wait outside the big top to talk to me, not barge into my caravan-"

"But- but I'm not just any child!" Rose shouted. "You came to our village!"

Madame Adeline's face softened at the expression on her face. "I- I'm sorry darling, one village is the same as the next, it's hard to keep track," she sighed. "Now, I need to rest. Show yourself out."

"But you must remember," Rose was in shock. "At the circus... you reached out to me. You called me your little star. Can't you see, its me? I'm your daughter!"

"My- my daughter?" Madame Adeline gasped.

Rose went on. "My name's Rose now, but, what did you call me when I was born? What's my real name? Who am I?"

Madame Adeline just looked down at her. "Rose... dearest child, how can I tell you this?" She sat down, looking at Rose. "I'm not your mother."