eighteen

To say Charlotte was stressing out about this exam they have tomorrow wouldn't be a lie. The exam was the only thing that Charlotte could think of and felt sick to her stomach wondering the what ifs of not passing the exam.

"What's a 314?" John asked quizzing his friends.

"Uh, indecent exposure," Jackson answered.

"Nice. 273g?"

"Being intoxicated in the presence of a child," Lucy answered.

"Well done. Reminds me of a funny story–" John began to say.

"Come on, I'm ready for one," Charlotte told him.

"Right, that's for later. How about a 237?" John asked.

"False imprisonment, easy peasy," Charlotte exclaimed.

"Did you just say easy peasy?" Jackson asked.

Charlotte rolled her eyes and shook her head as John asked, "Nicely done, and a personal favorite of mine, a 597h."

"Unlawfully attaching a propeller to an animal so that dogs may chase it," Lucy, Jackson and Charlotte simultaneously said laughing a bit.

"Well done. That's 500 penal codes down, 1,000 more to go. Curly fries?" John asked.

"Please..." "Yes." "Definitely." Charlotte, Jackson and Lucy answered.

Charlotte closed her eyes and let out a sigh as Jackson and Lucy were testing each other. Her eyes snapped open whenever she heard a man say, "Money, now..."

Charlotte glanced at Jackson and turned around to see what was going on and saw two men holding a weapon at the man behind the counter. The three stood up from their table and proceeded to join John holding their weapons up at the two. "YOu a cop?" one asked.

"Yes, i am. And so are they. Hands in the air. Drop your guns," John exclaimed.

"Turn around–" Charlotte said. The two men did as they said and Lucy and Jackson went to go pat them down as John and Charlotte stayed back holding their weapons up at the robbers.

"Turn around. You guys, this looks to me like a criminal conspiracy," John said.

"You mean a 182," Jackson corrected him.

"Also a 12-0-20," Charlotte exclaimed.

"Oh, illegal possession of a firearm," Lucy said.

"Actually, it's a 417. The guns are fake," the robber said as John looked at the gun that the robber had placed on the ground.

"Ha! He's right!"

"Yep, but this knife's real, and that's a violation of–"
"21510 (b)," the four rookies said.

"Turn around buddy," Charlotte told the robber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Charlotte woke up to the smell of bacon floating into her room. She quickly put on one of Eddie's sweatshirts that she had stolen from him a few days ago and pulled her hair up into a bun before walking out into the kitchen. "Morning," Charlotte hummed out. "Did you make bacon?" She asked Jackson.

Jackson shook his head, "Nope, Eddie did," Jackson said.

"Eddie? When did he–"

"About an hour ago, Jackson let me in. Didn't want to wake you knowing that it's test day and all," Eddie said, kissing the top of Charlotte's head as the two hugged.

"What did I do to deserve you?" Charlotte asked.

Eddie was about to say something but Jackson butted in and said, "As much as this is cute, you need to get ready. We need to leave in forty minutes and you still need to eat still."
"Fine, I'll go get ready and then come eat," Charlotte said, waving Jackson off and walked back into her room.