thirteen

"Man, I want to know what they're talking about in there. Charlie is so lucky," Chimney said as the two passed the briefing room walking out of the station.

"She'll most likely tell us when she comes over on Friday for dinner," Hen reminded him.

"And that's what is keeping me going for the rest of this week," Chimney exclaimed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I've been undercover inside La Eme for almost a year. Working my way closer to the offshoot in Boyle Heights called Ocampo Loco. They control the cash flow and then bundle the drug money and ship it back to Mexico." Ortiz explained.

"How much money are we talking?" John asked.

"Right now, at least a million. The word is they're gonna ship it tonight. I was about to report it when my cover was blown by, uh, Matthew Rodriguez, who tried to kill me, so I shot him in self-defense. Uh, you know the rest," Ortiz told the group.

"Officer Ortiz has bravely volunteered to go back in to protect his cover and set up our tactical operation." Sergeant Grey exclaimed.

"Last time I was at the house, it was four halcones guarding the money. Heavy hitters," Ortiz explained to the group.

"We're gonna gear up heavy, position ourselves down the street, be ready to initiate a full-blown raid on the house once Ortiz gives us the signal," Grey said.

"Rookies, this is your first high-level tactical operation. Let's be prepared." Captain Andersen told the four.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nathan and Charlotte were walking through the bullpen once Charlotte had her tactical gear on. "You know what a tactical-gear check looks like?" Nathan questioned the rookie.

"Yup, got stock zip ties in the loops of the tac vest. Secured the loose gear tac vest, helmet, etc. Then you secure the firearm to the thigh rig," Charlotte replied.

"Good. Got any questions?" Nathan asked.

"Only one. Does this make me look fat?" Charlotte questioned causing Nathan to shake his head and let out a sigh. "Nevermind..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charlotte walked behind Nathan as Grey said. "All units, we're thirty seconds out. Get ready. Be safe. Officer West, you do the 844. Stand by to initiate. Ortiz is in," Grey instructed as he listened in to what Ortiz was saying to the other man inside the house. "That's the signal. Initiate."

Charlotte felt the signal as Angela placed a hand on her shoulder squeezing it. She knew she had to do that to Nathan's shoulder and she did so. A man with a duffel bag is walking out to a car that was parked around the corner that Lucy and Charlotte noticed. "Police! OPen the door! We have a search warrant!" Jackson yelled out.

Once there was no answer Lucy swings the ram once causing the door to cave in. The group of cops ran inside and the criminals began to run in every direction as the LAPD began to shout.

"Hands up!" Charlotte yelled out along with Jackson as the two cornered two criminals together.

"Rookies, special assignment. Follow me." Sergeant Grey said after securing all the criminals.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sorry. Here's what happens now. You see, the money counters and the videographer are on their way. In the meantime, you four get to watch the money. Two people with it all times. No selfies. Enjoy," Grey told the four leaving the room.

Charlotte stared at the money, never seeing this much money infront of her before. "Where does all this money go?" Lucy questioned breaking the silence between the four.