two

Charlotte stood in front of her and Jackson's TV as she was watching the news from last night about the deadly plane crash that had happened. Charlotte was so thankful that her father at this moment was back in Minnesota and wasn't at that deadly crash. That's what she thought at least. "Jackson! Did you see this?" Charlotte asked as Jackson was walking into the kitchen to get some coffee.

"Shit, that's bad." Jackson said after watching the scene.

"I'm really glad that my dad isn't in LA and back in Minnesota," Charlotte whispered.

"Have you called him lately?" Jackson asked knowing she wasn't close to her father as she used to be.

"Not in the past few months... I might see what he's up to now." Charlotte muttered going back to her room.

She sat down on her bed and pressed her father's contact and then the call button hoping he would answer. Whenever something major like that happens she just needs to make sure her father is okay and alive. The call went to voicemail making her sigh, "This is Bobby Nash. Leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible." She heard her father's voice say.

A moment of silence occurred before the long beep played, "Hi Dad. It's me. Sorry I haven't called you lately. I-I have had a busy past few months. I know you're probably gonna be mad when you hear this but I went through the Police Academy and was the top of my class. I'm a rookie here in Los Angeles where my friend Jackson is as well. You've seen a few pictures... Anyways I gotta get ready for work. I-I miss you dad. I really wish I can see you sometime soon. Do you think you'll be able to come to Los Angeles soon? It's been three years since I saw you, not like I'm counting or anything. I hope you're doing well. Love you dad."

Charlotte hit the red button to end the call and she felt a tear roll down her eye knowing how hard her father had tried getting back on his feet. The only thing she could do was wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charlotte walked into the station and kept wondering what her father was currently doing and if he was all right. That scene on the tv had just rubbed her the wrong way and caused an old memory of fear to form in her mind by checking in with her dad. She always had when she was growing up and her dad was on shift at the fire station in Minnesota. He would always send her a text if it was a big call and would let her know when he was okay once he was safe.

"Hey, you good?" Charlotte looked up and saw Officer Lopez walking up to her.

"Yeah, just tired is all." Charlotte replied.

"I'm not buying that for a second," Lopez said, crossing her arms over her chest.

Charlotte let out a sigh, "That plane crash last night... I guess it made me think about my dad and wanted to make sure he was okay this morning," Charlotte replied.

"Is your dad a pilot?"

"No, he's a firefighter. But he's back in Minnesota," Charlotte answered. "How's Officer Bradford?" Charlotte asked, wanting to change the subject.

"Good, discharged this morning and should get cleared soon," Lopez answered, noting the fact she changed the subject of her father.

"That's good–"

"You better go get changed boot, roll call is in twenty minutes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Any response yet?" Jackson asked as Charlotte sat down beside him.

"No, and I really don't want to keep talking about him. Can we maybe talk about him later?" Charlotte whispered as John Nolan was about to sit down.

John sighed and pulled a bridal bouquet out of his seat, "Very funny. You guys." Charlotte laughed slightly at the sight, "You know this means I have to throw them," John said and tossed the bouquet over his shoulder. Lucy quickly ducked avoiding it and landed in front of the Sergeant who had just walked into the room.