eleven

After about two weeks of Athena being her temporary T.O, Nathan had officially come back to work after fully recovering from the shooting. Charlotte was thrilled for Nathan to come back but slightly sad that she wouldn't be with Athena anymore and most likely seeing less of the 118. She had grown close to her dad's team over the past two weeks since it seemed like her and Athena was always responding to scenes the 118 was at.

After a long day, the rookies decided to go to get dinner at the restaurant/bar setting. "Right ankle?" Lucy asked Charlotte who shook her head. The three were guessing where the other kept their off duty weapon.

"Nope," Charlotte said. "Small of your back?" Charlotte asked Lucy.

"No! Uh, left ankle?" Lucy asked Charlotte and Jackson.

"Dang it, how did you know?" Charlotte groaned as Jackson shook his head said, "You were so close for me."

"Lucky guess. So you're left ankle and then you must be right ankle?"

"Hold on. It's my turn. You don't get to go twice," Jackson commented.

John came up with their drinks and handed the drinks to them. "Favorite body parts? I don't–" John asked confused.

"Guessing where we keep our off-duty weapon," West told John.

"Oh!" John finally understanding what was happening after walking in at a weird part of the conversation.

"Wait. Hold on. Let me guess. Ankle holster- like old-timers?" Jackson asked with a laugh causing Charlotte to roll her eyes.

"Okay, 'A', I'm not an old-timer. You're confusing age with experience. "B" not even close," John answered.

"He doesn't even carry an off-duty piece," Lucy stated, causing Charlotte to look at her.

"I'm sorry. How did we not know that?" Charlotte asked gustering to her and Jackson.

"I'm still getting used to carrying a loaded weapon on the job. I don't know that I could handle packing heat in my real life," John answered.

Jackson began to laugh causing Charlotte to elbow him in the side. Jackson looked at her confused as he rubbed his side as John said, "Oh, no."

"What?" Lucy asked.

"Sergeant Grey is sitting over there with his wife. He's coming over here. Oh, man," John muttered as Charlotte took a sip of her beer as Sergeant Grey walked towards the four.

"Hey! Small world," John laughed nervously as the four stood up.

"Too small right now. You know, for nineteen years, my wife and I have gone out on February 13th. Why the 13th, you ask? Because the 14th, Valentine's Day, is for amateurs. The 13th is calm and relaxed. It's easy to find a table. There's no overpriced prix-fixe meals. It's me and my lovely bride, good food, a warm conversation, a place where I can not think about the job for a little while," Sergeant Grey told the four.

"Sounds nice, sir." Jackson stated.

"That's super sweet, sir," Charlotte said, glancing up at the Sergeant.

"It is, which is why on my special night, I don't want to see your faces. So by the time I walk back to my table, you will be gone. Am I clear?"

"Crystal." Lucy answered.

"Like ghosts," Jackson commented.
"You won't even hear us make a sound," Charlotte assured the Sergeant.

"Have a good evening."

Sergeant Grey began to walk away and the four began to gather their things, "Shall we?" John asked.

"Yup, I gotta use the restroom before we leave. I'll meet y'all by the door." Charlotte said, walking away from the three.