Chapter 62: Choose

The Night We Met by Lord Horon

***Alora POV***

It's just too fucking hard. Too fucking hard to just sit here and watch you hate me. Watch you look at me like I'm the enemy. Like I didn't do everything in my power to get you. To come after you.

To save you.

All the things I wanted to say....

But I can't..... too afraid that I'll just push you away even more.....

"It's fine."

Sebastian looked puzzled, standing awkwardly in the living room, watching me carefully.

"What's fine-" he said finally.

"It's fine." I breathed, "I get it. I'm not wanted or needed here. I don't need to stick around hoping on a whim that one day you might forgive me-"

He cut me off, "Alora-"

"No damn it!" I yelled.

My voice echoing off into the spaces in between the floorboards.

"It hasn't even been 24 hours and I already can't take it!"

I huffed, feeling my chest exploding with emotion. This suffocating deep wrench yanking at my heart, crushing it, little pieces breaking away second by second. And there was no stopping it.

"You know-....." I sniffled, yanking back the tears. "... I knew this was going to be fucking hard, I just didn't think... after all these long years have gone by-... you would still look at me like I'm the devil."

His eyes adverted away, seeing his chest heave and release as he took everything in.

I waited, waiting for him to say one thing...... anything.... Hoping my assumptions were wrong. But they weren't.

Dead silence.

My heart crushing was the only sound I could hear as my last breath was taken.

In front of you.....

I turned slowly, reaching for the door.

"I'm sorry..... Sebastian......I truly am, for everything."

The door slightly opened, pulling it to myself. Hearing Sebastians sigh.

"...... it's never that easy to forgive, Alora." He said softly.

Pinching my eyes shut, forcing my way through the door.

I barely chuckled through my tears, "Yeah-..... well, it hasn't been easy to live with myself either...."

With that, the door closed behind me. Hearing the final clicks of the house shut behind me. Another chapter gone. Another book closed and finished. Another ending.

Another...... goodbye.

I leaned against the door, trying to find my breath as I felt the tears start to come.

I wish you would just stop fucking crying......

Please just-..... stop.....

But they wouldn't. For I knew deep in my heart this might very well have been the last time I lay my eyes on Sebastian Sallow.

Watching him finally live in peace, watching him finally go on living his life even if it might be a hard one......... it would be easier without being in the darkness.

He had his family, he had Ominis, he had the wide-open world to explore now.

He just-... wouldn't have me.