Chapter 19: Haunting me

*Mature and Explicit scenes in this chapter please move on to the next *** if you wish to skip!!!!*

*Alora POV*

The day seemed to drag on as my energy had diminished piece by piece. Anne and Ominis hadn't come back after a few hours which immediately put me on high alert for a while until I saw them down nearby the ocean. Sitting on the same rock from before, listening to the waves crashing up on the shore.

The oceans deafening sound cancelled out everything else. Almost like it was meant to be that way. Like the world knew this was the one place people could come to find peace and renew everything they had lost.

True simplicity at its finest. How could something so useful only have so little parts. Water, sand, waves......... even on a slightly bloomy day, it still managed to do everything it was meant to.

Anne leaned her head on Ominis shoulder, watching the slight smirk on his face shine from the affection.

I knew he needed this...... just like Anne needed him.

Just like I needed..... Sebastian.

I needed him.... so badly, that everything in my body ached. Aching for his touch, his lips, his hands, the way my heart melted into every crease, every curve, every imperfection.

Being away from him this long never made me feel so..... separated from myself so...... dead. My thoughts, my emotions, my hardships, all connected to him in some way. And I never knew it was possible, to feel this way just about another individual, another being..... until I met him.

He was someone who was just so full of life, full of determination, full of darkness inside himself..... but still was able to offer a part of himself to someone else. Breaking all that down just to prove he could. Changing for me, admitting his feelings, and coming to terms with all the real things in his life.

I smiled, watching them slightly laugh as their toes tickled the sand. Ominis clearly in a better mood since Anne went to comfort him.

My eyes met the cloudy and dark sky after the storm, hoping and praying under every moon and sun that they would bless me. Giving me back the one person who made me feel....... alive.

*

The walk back to the Sallow home was long and quiet, no person in sight as the doors opened just as quickly as I shut them.

My body began to ache, not sure if it was just the rain and pressure in the atmopshere making my bones scream or if it was really just because I hadn't been able to sleep. Most of my nights were spent sitting at the kitchen table, reading my books till my eyes would give up the fight.

I found the couch in the corner of the room inviting and I slumped against the warm cushions. The fire keeping it toasty warm even through the storm we had just endured. Always reliable, always burning.

I rested my head on the cushion, propping my legs up to stretch out appropriately. The familiar ache came back, except this time in my neck.

My fingers reached it, rubbing it slowly with my fingers. Trying to rub out the kinks.

I hummed.

I was always one for back rubs, hands on, physical touch. It was one thing Sebastian was always good at and could always read my body language. Anyway I needed it... he was there. Anywhere that ached, he would work it out. Anywhere I need his mouth to burn out the fire, he was there to flood it with water.

I closed my eyes, imagining his hands. His body sitting behind me on the couch, rubbing my back in slow motions. His warm breath fanning the back of my neck that sent shivers down my spine.