Chapter 27: You Were Everything

*Sebastian POV*

The prosecutor motioned for her to come down. 

Her breathe was shaky, her steps uneasy as she tried to find her footing down from the pews. 

When we got eye level, the longing in her eyes increased the beat of my heart.

Merlin, how I had missed her. Her eyes, the way her hair flowed just past her shoulders, her lips. My lips in which, no one else would have. Ever.

She came to stand next to me and I immediately didn't waste any time, grabbing her hand in mine as we stood by side by side. 

Ready to take the wrath, fighting the demons together. Like we always have. 

I swore, when this was over, I'd marry-

"Ms. Circe, please.... continue." He motioned. 

I squeezed her hand in mine as I watched her, reassuring her that it was okay. 

"Yes, it's true....... every word in which Sebastian stated is correct. Solomon fought against us inside the catacombs when we were in search for a cure for his sister. Solomon even went as far as trying to wipe me out since he deemed that I.... was a bad influence on his nephew."

She sighed, squeezing my hand as she looked down, trying to gain her breath. 

"I know it's hard to forgive someone that's committed something that seems so... wrong, so unjust. But please........ please think of what kind of position he was put in. Put yourself in his shoes, take a hard look in the mirror and try to envision a world where the impossible choices were your own," her eyes shifted up, the slight brim of tears coating her eyes. A few in the crowd got teary eyed, some looked intensely at her, waiting for her to continue. Could this be possible, could she..... be turning the tables? For me.......... ,"I know.......... what he did was wrong, and I know it's almost impossible to ask for forgiveness, but please.......... give him a chance to prove himself. Putting him behind bars will only keep him caged in a world with no means, it will only bring more destruction instead of a resolution."

Silence fell upon the room, the wandering eyes watching Alora especially. Trying to decide if what she had said made enough sense to not send me to hell.

The prosecutor sighed, looking around the room.

"Well........... I think we've heard enough. Is there anything else anyone would like to add-"

"Yes, one question actually. In which evidence do we know these accusations are plausible? You said someone from their school brought forth the evidence?" One spoke from the pews.

"Yes, here is actually a memory that was received from which was given to me no other than the Headmaster at Hogwarts."

I gulped.

Whose memory, was it?

And how did they come by it?

Was it actually Imelda's?

"Can we see such memory?" The one asked. 

The prosecutor sighed in discontent, bringing out his wand and pulling the small memory from the vile, it swirled brightly around the tip of his wand before releasing it on the ceiling. A large pensieve. 

The ceiling had a gray and dark swirling glow as the memory leaked inside. Swallowing it till the black and grey drops of it showed the memory. 

The figures dropped finally as it started to become clear. 

My heart stopped.

Her hand released mine as she took immediate steps away from me. 

Heartbeat erratic.