Chapter 25: Shall We Begin

*Alora Pov*

"How........ how do you do it?..... How can you still see so clearly when everything around you is crashing down....."

He huffed out the breath he had been holding. 

His hands rubbed my arms in which still kept me in place, his body still slightly flushed against mine. I didn't know why he felt like he needed to hold me so close. Maybe it was because he was afraid......... afraid if he let go, I'd run.

"Thats the irony in it, isn't it? I can't.... see I mean-........ and maybe, I just have to trust everything else that feels right around me."

I grabbed onto his arms, stabilizing myself. My fingers tightening around him.

"I wish..........I wish in a way I felt that-..... that everything was just a straight shot-"

"It never will be Alora, it doesn't matter what you do. But you-.... you can make the right choice, right now." He sighed, his white orbs pleading with me, begging me. "Please........ come home with me."

I didn't know if it was the way he said it, or how he almost choked up, but a slight pinch to my heart made me want to gag. The vile in my throat reaching quickly. I swallowed as hard as I could to get it go to down. 

The screams in my head told me to run, push past him, get away.........that this was some trick to make me fall back in love with him. His way of trying to claim me as his again. His silent way of trying to say, "forget about Sebastian". 

But I looked into his eyes and saw a friend who once again was trying to save me. He trusted me, he came all this way, broke laws to just help me on my quest and here I was...... wanting to betray him. 

"Alora........"

I looked at him, feeling him watch my every move. Feeling his fingers flinch under my sweater.

"I promise, we will figure this out..... together. This isn't the only way to get him home........please."

A flutter of hope erupted deep within. 

"How can you promise me that.... we don't have anything. No plan, no evidence, no hope. We are just going in there blind."

"Trust me........ please."

I pushed the dark thoughts in the back of my mind, letting some light come through as his white orbs shined the way. 

"Okay Ominis.............Okay."

Relief washed over him, his trembling fingers finally releasing my arms as he stepped back to give us both some air. 

I looked around the room, finding the door that led to a balcony and pushed it open with no issue at all. 

"Now how the hell do we get out of here, we can't apparite inside Hogwarts."

I smiled slowly, looking over my shoulder to him. 

"We fly of course."

*

"Now why the hell did we not think of this when we were trying to get inside Hogwarts the first time!?" Ominis yelled from behind me, the wind smacking him in the face.

I chuckled, "Sorry Ominis, I totally forgot it was even there!"

I could visibly see Ominis rolling his eyes in the back of his head as he clutched onto me for dear life. I knew he hated flying, but I'd honestly like to avoid trying to apparate until we are completely out of reach. 

Leaving the castle again broke my heart over and over. I just gave up my chances on the whim of trusting Ominis. And I prayed that trusting my gut wasn't wrong. That I hadn't made the wrong choice of not going after them.