Chapter 16 - Revelation ( End Arc 1 )

3 days have passed. It is 11:55 pm. I am with Hazel in the direction of the building where the chef lives, the candle lit in hand.

In exactly five minutes, she will leave the building to begin her night patrol. The infiltration starts at this very moment.

Thanks to the information obtained by Shailly, Kaya and Maïko, we know perfectly the course of the chief, as well as its duration.

As the 10 pm curfew forces us to return to our respective huts, by mutual agreement, we assigned ourselves at 11:30 pm on the training ground, in the silence of the night.

Indeed, the training ground is the only place where the leader does not pass during her round.

With Jenna, the operation involves 8 orphans.

Not far from the building, we reach Maïko, already in position to observe the departure of the chief. His head returns to his trunk.

_ Ayden: "So? "

_ Maïko: " She has just come out of the building with her torch in her hand. Now is where never. "

_ Ayden: " Ok, let's not waste time Hazel. "

_ Hazel: " Yes. "

Located a few meters from the building, the main door is reached, the wall is skirted. The enclosure penetrated, we closed the door gently.

His office is located upstairs in a corridor that forms a rectangle. If we look from the top view, the entrance of the building is on the left, and its office at the bottom.

His door was found, I turn the handle and push the door delicately.

_ Ayden: "As expected, his office is not locked. Let's go back. "

We entered for the first time the office of the chief. Very slightly lit by our candles, Hazel sees other candles placed in each corner of the room.

_ Hazel: "Let's light these candles with our flame, we'll see better. "

All lighted candles, the room very well lit and relatively clean, one observes with attention the arrangement of the chief's affairs.

A small room of about 10m² includes to our right a shelf overflowing with books and files. To our left, a huge frame of a tall and strong man with blue eyes stands. Finally, opposite, an office with a sober line hosts some scattered paperwork.

The rigorous organization of business and furniture testifies to the applied character of the chief.

_ Hazel: "She doesn't have a window. It was nice to bring our candles with us." he says, taking documents from the shelf in front of him.

_ Ayden: " This person in the frame is probably the former Emperor Oku. "

I go to the office, and then I analyze each document.

_ Ayden: " It's a document about the storage of spare clothes. And this one, the food supply. There is even for horses. "

I carefully replace the documents so as not to arouse the slightest suspicion on his return.

I see 4 drawers. I open the first 3 respectively. Unfortunately, nothing interesting.

I open the last drawer without real conviction. To my surprise, I saw a mini painted frame. This time, Chief Moana, a child, accompanied by a very old man.

_ Ayden: "A family setting. Maybe his father..."

Just below the frame, a packet of letters is packed.

_ Ayden: " What are all these letters? It says ~Intended for the emperor~. "

I opened the first letter. As I read it, I break down.