Chapitre 15 - Passive

The unexpected strikes them, galvanizing their resolve to carry out their mission.

_ Hazel: " That's fine with me. Like they said, you have to go it alone if you want to get information back. "

With a unanimous movement, the heads swing from top to bottom.

Then, a glance is turned in the direction of Kaya. A smirk settles.

_ Maïko: "Well? This time, you're not against infiltrating the office? "

Without showing any emotion in front of this provocation, Kaya connects her pupils to Maïko by understanding where she wants to go.

_ Kaya: "Unlike drug exploration, it is more likely to find clues. "

_ Maïko: "Oh yeah? And why? " says confident

_ Kaya: " The chief must have records of the village. The next generation must be aware of the situation. "

These disconcerting remarks disturb Maïko's confidence, her eyebrows arched.

_ Hazel: " Even though again there is no guarantee that the archives will be in her office, the odds are still high. "

_ Kaya: " Second, the risk is slight. In exploration it could be fatal, whereas for this infiltration, in the worst case we will be punished. "

Maïko remains speechless, unable to counter these solid arguments.

_ Kaya: "Next time you target me, think before you open it." she says in a dry tone

Fist and teeth clenched, shame invades Maïko, face vermilion.

_ Maïko: "Shit! " she said, turning her head away

With a firm step, followed by a peaceful gesture, Shailly tries to calm the electric atmosphere between the girls.

_ Shailly: "It's good to calm down! "

_ Kaya & Maïko: " ... "

Seeing the ridiculous altercation over, I continue on the plan to realize.

_ Ayden: "First, the goal is to know the exact route of the chief during her night round."

_ Hazel: "Right. You'll also need to know when she leaves the building and how long her round lasts. "

_ Ayden: " Yes. Once this information is gathered, I will infiltrate the office. "

Hazel hits immediately and a sharp glance is heading in my direction.

_ Hazel: " So you had already decided to go. "

_ Ayden: " Yes, after all, I'm the one proposing the idea. And you don't have to be many in your office. "

_ Hazel: "I'll go with you. It'll be safer for two. "

_ Ayden: "As you wish. "

Motivated, Shailly advances slightly towards me.

_ Shailly: "What can we do to help? "

_ Ayden: " You will be responsible for zoning at the entrance of the building. I don't know which Source has the chief, so an extra person would be needed as a precaution. "

She serves her fist with conviction.

_ Shailly: "Count on me! "

_ Maïko: "I am with you. " she says gradually digesting the past altercation

_ Ayden: " No. You are needed to track the chief. Only you can succeed in this task thanks to your Source. "

A wave of confidence overwhelmed Maiko, lifting her like a powerful swell. Her heart swelled with vibrant pride and her chest straightened.