Chapter 12 - Exploring (2)

The ball in the belly, we hold our breath. My comrades await my signal before jumping at full speed.

I'll start the signal. Although the clinic is only twenty meters from our position, we run as fast as possible, spanning the corpses.

We arrived without problem at the main entrance. The door on the ground, access to the corridor is instantaneous.

_ Ayden: "Before we collect anything, let's get away from the main entrance. No one should see us. "

_ Taïga: "Good idea. "

_ Ayden: " A person must look discreetly through a window if individuals pass by. I just saw some stairs next door. "

_ Son: "I'll take care of it. "

_ Ayden: "It works. You also need a person who finds an emergency exit. "

_ Brent: " I'll do it. "

_ Ayden: " Nice, the others will harvest all the bags we find. "

_ Shailly & Taïga: "Ok! "

Each one does his job. Son climbs the wooden stairs in pitiful condition, then finds himself in a room with two windows. Despite the onset of fog, a good field of vision emerges. The front and side view is under control.

_ Ayden: " That's what it seemed to me. From the inside, it's still in good condition. There are just the wooden stairs that leave something to be desired. "

Brent is desperately looking for a way out. Shailly, Taïga and I harvested the bags in different rooms, in addition to the table.

_ Brent: "Fuck it, there's no way out here. "

_ Taïga: "Shit! "

I'm thinking, chin on my hand.

_ Ayden: " In this case, you will have to go out through a window, not the choice. "

_ Shailly: "But the windows on the ground floor are all condemned. "

_ Son: "Hey guys! There's another room next to me with a back window at the clinic.

_ Ayden: " Perfect, that's where we'll get out then. "

_ Son: "On the other hand, it is quite high..."

The small size of the clinic leaves no one indifferent. A height of 2.50 meters separates the window from the ground.

_ Brent: " It's not a problem, with my Source I can get you from the ground. "

I look at Brent, eyebrow up.

_ Ayden: " Can you do that? "

_ Brent: "Who do you think I am? Of course I can. "

_ Ayden: "Impeccable. "

Our bags are partially filled. Still no trace of individuals, and an emergency window is located. Departure is imminent.

_ Ayden: " Well, I think we got a lot of stuff back. We can go. "

_ Taïga: "Pass me the bags, I'll put them up. "

_ Brent: "Give me a bag too. "

_ Ayden: "Here. "

Taïga and Brent climb the wooden stairs. Arriving upstairs, the stairs finally give way.

_ Ayden: "Nothing broken?? "

_ Taïga: "We're fine, but you can't access the floor anymore.

_ Brent: "We'll take the bags out the back window first, and then I'll get you back. "