Chapter 5 - Thief

The next morning.

_ Gwen: " I've been in the Middle Zone for an hour now. I recovered some medicinal plants with some fruit as a bonus. But I couldn't find a doctor. It's a shame, it's so much to go back. " she thought to herself

She turns back towards the village, but, in the distance, sees a girl with blue hair, of similar age, with a wide bag. Three Recluses led with knives surround the girl.

_ Gwen: " Still Recluses. There were also some on my way who wanted to plunder me. Fortunately they were weak. "

_ Recluse 1: "Here you are, bitch. This time you will not escape us. "

_ Recluse 2: "You steal our stuff and you think you'll get away with it??"

_ Recluse 3: "Come on, guys, let's get him. "

The three Recluses reduce the distance between them and the thief, then prepare to launch the assault.

_ Thief: "I have no choice." she sighed

The thief generates from her index finger a whip of water. She twirls it around her and unbalances the three Recluses who fall to the ground.

Barely on the ground, their necks are rolled up by three respective whips. The girl gradually tightens until total fainting.

The thief takes her loot back to the ground. With her head up, she sees a girl with dark brown hair and a bun watching her. She's getting closer, face threatening.

_ Thief: "You want to embarrass me too?

_ Gwen: " No, I was just passing by. " she said calmly.

The thief observes with attention the bag filled with Gwen which overflows.

_ Thief: " You have a lot of food in your bag. Where did you find all this? There are few around. "

_ Gwen: " I'm not from this Zone. I went through a good part of the forest and harvested on the way. "

The thief slightly squints, face closed.

_ Thief: "Interesting. "

In turn, Gwen observes the loot stolen by the thief, mainly with medical bags.

_ Gwen: " There are a lot of medical bags in your bag. "

_ Thief: " Huh? Ah, yes, I need it for my tribe. "

_ Gwen: "Her tribe? She's not part of a village. She's certainly a recluse too. "

A sudden curiosity animates Gwen.

_ Gwen: " I imagine because of past wars? "

_ Thief: " Right. It's famine and many are sick. But fortunately with these sachets I will be able to treat them. "

For the first time, Gwen's expression changes slightly, her eyelids widen.

_ Gwen: "What? "

_ Thief: "Hum? "

_ Gwen: " Are you by any chance a doctor? "

_ Thief: "I'm not good yet but I'm on my own, why? "

Petals of leaves escape from different trees around them. Gwen stares at the thief, her hair blown by the wind.

_ Gwen: " Would you like to live in our village? "

_ Thief: "What? "

A long silence sets in, apart from the noise of the booty dropped on the ground. They stare.

One has a serious look. The other, on the other hand, is shocked by the statements.

_ Thief: " Wh... What did you just say? " Did she say completely disoriented

_ Gwen: " I was sent on a mission to get a doctor and food. As you are a doctor, I ask you if you want to live with us. "

_ Thief: " Is she stupid or what? You know, you can't ask that of a stranger you just met... I don't even know your name. "

_ Gwen: "You're right. "

She tilts on the field.

_ Gwen: " I'm sorry. My name is Gwen. "

The thief puts her head against the palm of her hand in despair.

_ Thief: "No need to apologize... "

She lifts her head, a little more relaxed.

_ Thief: " Don't have any medicine? Yet I also saw medicinal plants in your bag. "

_ Gwen: " Our stock is very limited and at this rate we will no longer be able to manage the situation. "

_ Thief: "..."

_ Gwen: " We are a village in the midst of reconstruction with very few resources, so it is not easy. "

The thief looks at Gwen with pity and then smiles.

_ Thief: " I looted other dishonest Recluses from the area 20 minutes ago, and I am talking to a stranger who asks me to live in her village. Quite a day. "

_ Gwen: "..."

The thief looks at the sky for several seconds. The open palm of her hand resting on her forehead, as protection from the sun's rays.

Then, remove his hand and connect his pupils to Gwen's.

_ Thief: "Look, surprising as it may seem, I'm interested in your proposal. "

_ Gwen: "Really? "

An index finger is raised.

_ Thief: "On one condition. Also move my tribe. "

_ Gwen: "Okay.

_ Thief: "I'll let them know if they're interested. "

_ Gwen: " I will also inform my leader. "

_ Thief: "In this case, let's set an appointment. I propose you tomorrow at 3 pm in the same place for the final answer. "

_ Gwen: "Don't worry. "

_ Thief: "Well, on those I leave you. "

The thief takes her loot from the ground and travels a few meters towards her tribe.

_ Gwen: "Wait, you didn't even give me your name. "

Her back turned, she continues walking with her hand in the air.

_ Thief: " Oh, right. "

Then slightly turns your head and smiles.

_ Thief: " My name is Ay. "