Chapter 10 - Offense

2 days pass. The virus spreads within our village.

The unconscious state of Tutor Keren persists, but the pills brought avert the danger of death. In addition, Maiko has left the infirmary.

In contrast, the infection contracted in quarantined villagers.

Even the chIef is no exception to the rule. Only the tutor Gwen escapes thanks to the last antidote concocted by Ay.

As a result, they recommend that the uninfected stay in their respective huts.

So, we orphans, give some bags of food and water so that they do not lack anything.

Indeed, Ay confirms that our immunity to the virus is due to our very strong immune system for our age. This immunity dissipates over time as the living being grows.

Unfortunately, our infected tribe, no one is involved in replenishing supplies.

Despite Ay's remarkable work, managing an entire tribe is impossible. Gwen's help is not enough to control this overflow of work.

L'obscurité prend place dans la soirée. Maïko convoque tous les orphelins autour d'un petit feu de camp pour nous parler en urgence de la situation.

_ Maïko: "Thank you for coming. Well, I'll get right to the point, our tribe is going to be in trouble. "

Raised eyebrows, the curiosity of the orphans is piqued.

_ Shailly: "Huh? But why? "

_ Maïko: " Right after I got out of the infirmary a few days ago, I forgot to get my curler. As I turned around, I heard a disturbing phrase from Ay at the door. " she said with her head down.

_ Hazel: " She said what? "

Everybody holds their breath.

_ Maiko: " She said that in a few days she will be out of stock with medication. So if an infected person is still not treated in the meantime, he will be dead. "

We're down with the news.

_ Shailly: "It's horrible! " she says with both hands glued to her mouth

_ Jenna: "I have... I'm scared! "

Everyone begins to be afraid of the situation and despair gradually begins to settle down.

_ Orphan 1: " In this case, we have to go out on our own and collect sachets of medoc. " he says without hesitation.

Kona rises hastily, frowning.

_ Kona: "What? "

Another orphan replies in a calm and relaxed tone.

_ Orphan 2: "Oh Brent, are you sure it's a good idea? "

_ Brent: " Maybe you have a better idea Taiga? "

_ Ayden: "Brent and Taiga. These are the last two orphans who left just after Shailly's clash with tutor Keren. I noticed that they are still together. "

Kona shakes his hands frantically.

_ Kona: " But this is madness! I remind you that outside, there is the virus that spreads. "

In a firm tone, Brent stares at Kona with piercing eyes.

_ Brent: "So you'd rather we just sit on our hands? While our tribe is decimating? "

_ Kona: " I didn't say that, and anyway we are forbidden to leave the village. "

_ Brent: "So what? The chief is sick now, so the rule doesn't hold."