♡Chapter 126♡

Start from the beginning

Poppy rolled her eyes. "They're so strange." The teenager mumbled to herself.

Someone then knocked on the back door.

"It's open!" Poppy shouted as she sat on the kitchen side.

The back door opened and Warren walked in.

"Warren, hey. What are you doing here?" Poppy was kinda surprised to see the boy.

"I wanted to give you your Christmas gifts." Warren held up two gift bags. "Ones from me and the other is from Josie."

"Awe, that's really sweet." Poppy cooed, jumping off the kitchen side and hugging Warren.

Warren hesitated before wrapping his arms around Poppy. The teenage boy didn't know how long he could hide his feelings for Poppy. "Yeah..." Warren trailed off.

"Let me get yours. One second." Poppy quickly rushed upstairs to her bedroom. Seconds later, Poppy re-entered the kitchen holding two gift bags. "These are for you and Josie."

"Thanks." Warren politely said, taking the gift bags in his hands.

"So, how are you?" Poppy made small talk with her friend.

"I'm good." Warren nodded. "What about you?"

"Oh, I'm so happy!" Poppy beamed. "I love Christmas."

Warren smiled as he saw the excited expression on Poppy's face. "I can tell." Warren observed.

"It's the best time of the year!" Poppy exclaimed. "Tonight I'm gonna make a hot chocolate, get in my cosy bed, and then watch my favourite show; 'The Addams family'. It's gonna be epic!"

DJ and Steve then walk in the kitchen. The couple were currently in the middle of a conversation.

"So, Steve, tell me. What's the big surprise?" DJ asked her boyfriend.

"Okay, Deej. I'll tell you. The greatest thing just happened to me." Steve grinned. Steve then turned to Poppy and Warren. "You guys are gonna wanna hear this." Steve beckoned his friends over.

"What's the news?" Poppy twiddled her thumbs.

"Did you finally inherit a Dunkin' Donuts shop?" DJ wonders.

"That would be great." Steve gasped. "No, I got accepted to college." Steve announced.

"Steve, congratulations!" DJ kisses Steve.

"That's great." Warren patted Steve's shoulder.

"Good job." Poppy proudly smiled. "Which college did you get into?"

"Daytona Beach University in Florida." Steve informed them. "And I double checked, they actually saw my grades." Steve added on.

DJ's smile faded into a frown. "Really? Florida? All the way over by another ocean?"

Steve wrapped his arm around his girlfriend. "It's cool, Deej. A four year college."

"That is pretty cool." Warren hummed.

"And check out the school motto." Steve shows DJ a letter.