♡Chapter 94♡

{Poppy's outfit}

{Poppy's outfit}

It was a bright and early morning in San Francisco.

Danny was currently in the kitchen, drinking his morning coffee as he watched Poppy, DJ, Stephanie and Michelle.

The four girls were all giggling and chattering away together.

Jesse then entered the kitchen. As the Katsopolis man stood beside Danny he went to speak, but was shushed by Danny in response.

Jesse furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "What?"

"Look." Danny whispers, pointing over at the four girls who were still having a good time with each other.

DJ and Poppy were laughing as they talked, and Stephanie and Michelle were doing a handshake.

"Why aren't they trying to hurt each other?" Jesse whispered, clearly surprised by the girls actions.

Normally the girls were always bickering, but now they seemed to be happy with each others company.

"I don't know, but I'm afraid to move." Danny sheepishly smiled, still watching the four girls.

Just then, the cute moment was ruined when Michelle messed up the handshake, causing her and Stephanie to begin arguing. DJ and Poppy then stopped laughing and talking as them two began arguing.

"Now I'm sad." Jesse mumbled, frowning slightly.

<~~~~~~~~>

Later on.

Poppy was in the kitchen with her dad.

Jesse turned to his daughter. "Poppy, I sure hope the twins are a boy and a girl because I picked out the perfect names; Elvis and Priscilla."

"What if they're two girls?" Poppy inquires, tilting her head in question.

Jesse hummed in thought. "Well...Priscilla and Elvisa." Jesse answered.

"So, if you get two boys you're gonna name them Elvis and Priscillo?" Poppy questioned.

"See, I didn't think about that. That's good I gotta think this through." Jesse nodded in realisation.

"I thank mom everyday that she named me." Poppy teased.

"Hey, if I would have got my way then you would've been named Priscilla." Jesse insisted, wagging his finger.

Poppy scrunched her nose up. "I prefer my name being Poppy."

"See, it's so important to name your kid. It determines their entire personality. You know? I mean, you think I'd have cool hair and a great band if my name was Marvin?" Jesse scoffed, shaking his head. "Take your name for example, as much as I wanted you to be named Priscilla, I'm glad your mother named you Poppy."

Poppy seemed surprised. "You are?"

"Yeah." Jesse nodded. "You're a sweet, funny, kind and caring girl with great hair. The name Poppy suits you."

Poppy smugly smiled, taking the compliment in. "That is true." Poppy then cleared her throat. "Hey, dad, why are you so obsessed with this name thing?"

"I just don't want the twins going through what I—" Jesse stopped speaking halfway through his sentence. "Never mind."

Poppy furrows her eyebrows in confusion. "Never mind what?"

"Never mind." Jesse shrugged it off.

Poppy sighed as she stood up. "Okay, you have a secret. I'll just go digging through your past until I..." Poppy trails off

"Until you what?" Jesse asks.

"Never mind." Poppy cheekily smiled as she went upstairs to her bedroom.

<~~~~~~~~>

It was a few hours later.

Poppy rushed into the living room where she saw Becky, DJ, Stephanie and Michelle.

"You guys are gonna love this. I found out why my dad is so obsessed with finding cool names for the twins." Poppy starts. "I called grandma and she said that my dad's real name is Hermes."

"Hermes?!" Stephanie, Michelle, DJ and Becky exclaim in shock.

"I married a Hermes?" Becky cringed.

Michelle widened her eyes. "I got a Uncle Hermes?"

Poppy nodded. "Yep. He was teased so much in kindergarten that he begged grandma to change it to Jesse." Poppy explained.

Comet then came in the room, holding Michelle's tap shoes in his mouth.

Michelle gasps. "Hey, those are my tap shoes! Drop them." Michelle demands, watching Comet drop her tap shoes on the floor.

Jesse then entered the living room. "Did guys see what Comet dug up?" Jesse asked them, looking down at the dog who ran out the room.

"Well, you know how dogs like to bury things." Stephanie nervously laughed.

Jesse raised his eyebrows as he held up a plastic bag. "In a plastic bag?"

"Stephanie Tanner, you should be ashamed of yourself." Michelle wagged her finger.

Stephanie snapped as she stood up. "Alright, I did it! And I'm glad! All day long it's been 'Tea for two, tap, tap, tap. Tea for two tap, tap.' I couldn't take it anymore! It was either get rid of those tap shoes or lose my mind." Stephanie dramatically exclaimed as she stormed upstairs.

"Thank you for finding my shoes, Uncle Hermes." Michelle thanked her uncle.

"You're welcome." Jesse said before widening his eyes in realisation to what Michelle just called him. "What did you call me?"

Michelle widely smiles. "Uncle Hermes. That's your name."

Becky, Poppy and DJ immediately start laughing, causing Jesse to point at them, which shuts them up.

Jesse narrowed his eyes. "Who told you my name was Hermes?"

"Grandma." Poppy giggled.

"She's lying." Jesse insisted.

"Jess." Becky gave her husband a knowing look.

Jesse sighed. "Okay. It's...Hermes." Jesse admits.

DJ, Becky and Poppy laugh again, but stop when Jesse sternly points at them again.

"Hermes is not only the Greek god of swiftness, but it's also my great-grandfather's name. I'll have you know he saved the whole town from destruction when he raced a river of lava down a mountain barefoot. He went to tell the whole town that the volcano erupted. Of course, no one was left in the town because who could miss a volcano erupting?" Jesse rambles. "But the point I'm trying to make here is the name Hermes is equated with strength, courage and very hot feet. So, now...who among you will make fun of a name so bold and so courageous as Hermes, huh?" Jesse placed his hands on his hips as he looked at each of the girls.

"I'm sorry, honey." Becky apologised.

"Sorry, dad." Poppy also apologised.

"We didn't realise the name meant so much to you." DJ shook her head.

Michelle looks up at her uncle. "Do you want me to call you Uncle Hermes?"

Jesse scoffs. "No. What am I? Some kind of geek?"

<~~~~~~~~>