♡Chapter 12♡

{Poppy's outfit}

{Poppy's outfit}

Poppy walked down the stairs to see her dad, her Uncle Danny, and Joey all placing their hands over Stephanie's forehead and then their own foreheads.

"Do I even wanna know?" Poppy asked DJ.

"I think they're all running a fever." DJ commented.

Danny looked between Joey and Jesse with a concerned expression. "Steph's really got a fever. Look at her, she's sweating."

"Can I ask a question?" Stephanie looked up at the three men in question. "Aren't I too young to get pimples?" Stephanie asked as she held up her arm which had pink dots all over.

"Uh-oh. Stephanie, those aren't pimples. I think they're chickenpox." Danny informed his daughter.

"Chickenpox? I caught something from a chicken?!" Stephanie exclaimed in absolute shock.

Danny chuckled. "No, honey, you probably just caught this from somebody at school. Don't worry, you'll be fine. Everybody gets chickenpox." Danny reassures his daughter.

"I had them." DJ shrugged.

"I had them too." Poppy nodded.

"I had them." Jesse chimed in.

"Me too." Danny added on.

"I never had them and I never will." Joey shook his head. "I'm immune to chickenpox." The Gladstone man confidently said as he walked around the living room.

"That's a weird thing to be proud of." Poppy mumbled.

Jesse scoffed in disbelief. "You can't be immune to chickenpox, huh?"

"Every kid in my school had them but me. I guess when you're an awesome physical specimen like my own bad self, germs take one look at my body and say, 'Hey! Why waste our time?'" Joey shrugs, smugly smirking.

"Women say the same thing." Jesse teases.

"That's right." Joey hums in agreement.

"So, I guess nobody here has to worry about catching chickenpox." Danny let out a sigh of relief.

Just then, Michelle babbled as she sat in her playpen.

Danny now widened his eyes in realisation that Michelle hadn't yet caught chickenpox. "Oh no."

"I'll take Michelle." Poppy picked Michelle up and took her upstairs.

<~~~~~~~~>

Stephanie was in her bedroom tucked into her bed.

Danny then entered his daughters room and walked over to where Stephanie lay in her bed.

"Dad, I'm itching." Stephanie whined, clearly uncomfortable from how itchy the chickenpox were making her.