Flashback:

Enzo:

"Omgggg we graduated!" Luna kissed me.

I picked her up and gave her a swift, "We did it, Moonlight. We did it."

"Next is law school."

My parents came up to us and gives us a hug.

"I'm so proud of you both," my mom said.

My dad hands flowers to Luna and she said, "Awww thank you so much Mr.Callisto."

"Nuora, you don't need to call me Mr.Callisto. You can always call me Papa."
(Nuora = daughter in law)

She blushes every time my parents call her Nuora.

Luna ran to her parents and gave them a hug.

"Bambino, don't forgot we have dinner after this. Everyone is coming."

"Yes Mamma," I kissed her forehead.

Luna comes by my side and I kiss her cheeks. My mom is taking picture of us and I can see how happy and proud she is with us.

"Lorenzo," my grandfather walks up to me and my back,"Next is Law school for you both."

"Yes, the next journey of our life!" Luna said excitedly.

"I need to you to meet some people right now," said my grandfather.

"Not right now. Luna and I need to go back home to get ready for tonight's dinner."

"Enzo, it's okay. I'll go home and get ready. We both can leave together."

I look at her to see if she's okay with it. She smiles and nods her head.

"Take the car and drive safe." I gave her the car keys and kissed her lips.

"Enzo," she calls my name out. "I love you."

Her beautiful emerald eyes shines in the sun,"I love you more."

An hour later:

This is ridiculous. My grandfather is making meet all of his business partners who I don't give a shit about. Emery is so lucky to be abroad right now. I wish she was here for graduation.

I hear my phone ringing and it's from Luna's dad:

Me: Hello, Mr.Sánchez
Mr. Sánchez: Lorenzo you need to get to NYU hospital right now! Luna got into a car accident and the doctor said she won't make it.
Me: WHAT???

I see her parents and rush pass them. I can't talk to them right now. I need to see Luna. I see her body on the hospital bed. I sit down next to her. I look around and I see none of the machines are beeping.

"Moonlight," I touch her hand.

Her body is cold.

"Moonlight, come on. Wake up. This is not a funny joke."

I pulled her against my chest. She's not breathing. She's not moving.

I cry,"Please open your eyes, Moonlight."

"I need to see your eyes please."

Nothing. She's gone.

My Moonlight is gone.

"How did this happen?" I asked her dad.

"When she was driving the car, the brakes wasn't working and she crashed into the highway because the speed kept going up."

"That's impossible! I DROVE US TO THE CEREMONY!"

I'm don't believe this! I drove us and the car was fine. There was no issue with the breaks. Unless someone tried to kill her!

Few days later: The day of the funeral:

I'm looking at her lifeless body. Her eyes are closed. No smile on her face. She is holding her lilies against her chest. I wish I protected you. I wish I didn't let you go that day. You would have been alive if it wasn't for me. I'm the reason why you are dead. I'm sorry Moonlight.

I failed to protect you.