Chapter 29:

Enzo:

Emery and I have decided to expand our law business into California. We both want to expand our power and connections to the West Coast, and she wants to move there as well. Hence, we are having so many meetings about this.

I see a notification from Amoli's bodyguard:

Milo: Sir, Ms.Ravel has left the building.
Me: Are you following her?
Milo: Yes, sir.

Why didn't she tell me she was leaving the building? She knows danger is around every corner, but she acts like she is safe. When I check her location, I see she is heading towards her apartment.

I sent her a text:

Me: Why didn't you tell me you left?
Me: Amore, I've told you that if you're going to leave, at least text me.
Me: When are you coming back?

I wait a few minutes, and I get no response. I text her bodyguard:

Me: Where is she?
Milo: She's going inside her building.
Me: Let me know when she is out.
Milo: Yes, sir.

It's been 30 minutes, and I am still waiting for a text from them.

I get a notification from an unknown number. What the hell:

Unknown number: Wondering about her
*Picture of Amoli*

"What the fuck?!" I yelled.

I see a picture of Amoli covered in bruises.

"Enzo, what's wrong?!" Emery worriedly asked.

I didn't have time to explain. I ran to my car and started the engine. Amoli got attacked in her apartment.

I call her bodyguard," YOU FUCKING BASTARD! SHE GOT ATTACKED!"

"WHAT???"

I frantically drove to her apartment. I took out my gun from the front pocket of my car and went inside the building. I'm outside of her apartment door, and I hear Milo knocking on the door.

"Ms.Ravel, I assure you I won't hurt you." 

"MILO! YOU MOTHER FUCKER!" I am the trigger for him.

He put his hands in the air,"Mr.Callisto! Please, before you kill me, Ms.Ravel needs to go to the hospital!"

I knock on her door and say,"Amoli, it's me."

I see her doorknob turning, and she opens the door. Her shirt is torn apart, and I see a massive bruise on her rib cage. Her eyes are looking at me lifelessly.

"WHO DID THIS TO YOU?!"

She falls into my chest, and I carry her in my arms." We need to go to the hospital now!"

"On it."

I took her out of her apartment and placed her inside the car. I drove to NYU Hospital, and the doctors quickly took her in.

A few hours later:

I see her unconsciously lying there on the bed. Every bruise on her body will be every bullet for that bastard.

I check my phone, and I see tabloids about me carrying Amoli. One, was the cover Hottest Bachelor taken? The other is Lorenzo Callisto, carrying his mystery woman to the hospital.

I called Oliver and Zoya to rush to the hospital. Oliver is consoling Zoya right now, and Milo is worried about stress. Mother fucker should be concerned because I want to put a bullet through his head. The doctor told us that, luckily, her ribs were not broken, but she shouldn't step out of bed for a while.

"Enzo," she weakly calls out.

I rush to her and hug her. I felt a wash of relief.

"Ow ow ow, my ribs. You're hugging me too tight."

"I'm sorry, love."

"Donut? Why did our boss call you love?" Oliver asked.

"Oliver Louis Kim, meet my boyfriend...." she nervously giggles.

"BOYFRIEND?!" Oliver gasped," YOUR DATING OUR BOSS?!"

Zoya reply, "It's old news, Little Sheep. It's not about you right now."

Before Oliver got the chance to say something, Zoya smacked his arm.

"Ms.Ravel," Milo said. "I'm so sorry. I should been there, or else this wouldn't have happened to you."

"It's okay. You didn't know that I was going to get attacked in my apartment. "

I look at Milo in the eyes, and he looks down on the floor. Pathetic.

I stroke her cheeks and ask, "What happened in your apartment?"

"Can we please discuss it later? I don't want to remember it right now."

"Amoli."

"Please, right now, Zoya needs to be safe. Two of the assaulters know where I live and who I live with. Zoya will be the next target."

Two fucking people attacked her?! I stroke her cheeks. She always put others first instead of herself. She looks at me and gives me a half-smile. I kiss her forehead.

"Mishtu, don't worry about me. I'll be fine. I will go back to living with my parents." Zoya suggested.

"No, you won't be fine because those pieces of shit will come after you." She snaps. "Your parents will be suspicious of why you are moving back with them. What if they come after your family?"

"Zoya can live with me."

We all turn around and see Milo staring at Zoya.

"Uhhhhhh..." Zoya is speechless.

"I don't fucking think so!" Oliver intervenes.

"Why not?!"

"What makes you think I will fucking trust you with Zoya?!"

He scoffs,"Let me guess, your weasel ass can protect her?"

"Who the fuck you're calling a weasel?"

They both were about to get into a fight," Shut the fuck up. Milo, enough of your fucking bullshit. Because of you, Amoli is in this state. If I were you, I would go find those bastards."

"Yes, sir, "he leaves the room.

"Zoya."

"Yes," she turns her head.

"Would you be willing to move into one of my buildings in Manhattan? It would be near my penthouse, so consider it a birthday gift."

She excitedly screams out," Hell to the fucking yeah. Amoli, he's a keeper."

Amore glares at her," You little Shit."

"Oliver, move in with Zoya for a while, and if anything goes wrong, protect her."

"More like imma protect him," Zoya mumbles.

"We will see about that Doll."

"Awwww, I can't wait to see your ass cry and run to me. Don't worry, I'll protect you."

"I would like to see your short ass try."

"Bet," she rolls up her sleeves.

"Jesus Christ, can y'all stop flirting here and go fuck somewhere else?" Amoli laughs.

"We are not flirting."

"Sure, and the pigs are flying," Amoli rolled her eyes.

"I'll talk to the doctor when I can take you back home."

I kiss her forehead and went to her doctor. The doctor said I'm able to take her home in about an hour. I look at her again and I see she's hiding pain in her eyes.

I will destroy whoever touched you.