Chapter 5:

Amoli:

After I left the office, I did some grocery shopping. I don't know why I'm feel jealousy after seeing Enzo and that high pitched girl.

"Honey, I'm home." I saw my stunning roommate, Zoya, rush out with her face mask. Ahhh, skincare at its most exemplary level! We have been friends since fourth grade. She is an aspiring physician. "So, how was your meeting with your boss?" she asked.

"Well...." I shrugged.

"Spill it."

"I met my boss, and she is powerful. But then, I met her twin brother, and it turns to be the guy I met last night. His name is Lorenzo."

"Wait, what really?" Her eyes started to sparkle.

"Ughhh, Yes! He is bloody attractive. But, I think he has a girlfriend," I sighed. "He also grabbed me by the waist and teased me. His girlfriend thought I was hitting on him even though it was the opposite."

"He did what?! GIRLFRIEND?!  BITCH! ON THE FIRST DAY?! This is a new scandal. Hehehe, I bet you loved it when he grabbed you. Did he say that's his girlfriend?" She asked.

"No, but still the way she held him, it seems that they are together. He looked at me as if he needed help."

"I mean, I don't think they are together. She is probably clingy to Lorenzo." She shrugged.

I scoffed, "He dared to grab me and tease me. Who does he think he is?"

"Just play hard to get," Zoya smirked while she poured me a glass of wine.

"Or I can avoid him," I shrugged. "He has a girlfriend, and I don't want to home wreck anyone even if she is annoying."

"Come on. I made your favorite dinner. Chicken Vindaloo and saag paneer."

"Will you marry me?" I asked. Anyone that marry her will be mad lucky. Her cooking is divine. "You are the bloody best cook."

"Don't give him any reaction and play hard to get. Two can play one game," Zoya smirked while pouring me a glass of wine. "Now, let's eat."

"Bishhhh, shut up." We both laughed. "How are things with your mom?" I asked.

"Honestly, not great. Mom has been bothering me about marriage. I'm still paying off my loans, and I barely have enough in my savings. Except for alcohol. Mom doesn't even want to talk to me until I agree to meet the guy she chose for me."

"Dude same, my parents are trying to set up with their friend's son. According to my parents, he will keep me happy," I replied. "Reminds me of Jay when he said he will keep me happy."

"Oh god, Jay! I still don't understand why you dated him. He was emotionally abusive, and he also cheated on you with his best friend. God, he is bloody ugly. I should have done brain surgery on you."

I sigh,"Girl, I was dumb enough to date someone that was lower standards."

Zoya and I moved out of our parent's house because of their toxicity. Both of our parents have been trying to get us married ever since we finished our bachelor's. We both come from an Bengali Household, and there are a lot of expectations from us women. Our parents said we could finish grad school while being married, and obviously, we said no. We wanted to make a name for ourselves before we settle down for a huge commitment. We both want to marry for love. But, it's so hard in this generation to find someone faithful.

Our parents ignored us for a couple of months, and now they are bothering us to go back home. They said," If you don't come back home, I will disown you." But oh well. We have to live up to our choice, not our parents' choice.

After a long conversation, we both went to bed. Working with Lorenzo is going to be difficult. I need to control myself, or else my hormones will be why I won't pay the bills. "I'm happy that my hard work paid off, and I have my dream job now," I said to myself.