Chapter 17

Candice

I'm a fucking idiotic, selfish coward. I pace around the room with my phone still in my hand. The guilt eating me up. Why didn't I just say it? Why didn't I just confess? I mean, the sooner the better right? But... I love Anthony. I don't wanna hurt him. I'd never do anything to hurt him, and him finding this out, will hurt him.

Should I call him? Lying to him ain't an option and I wanna come clean. I know he's gonna get hurt, but he has to know. Right? But... I'll never do it again, so even if I don't tell him it won't matter cause it'll never happen again. Which means, he'll never find out.

I stop pacing and stare at my phone. My wallpaper being me and Anthony on our first date. He took me to an ice skating rink that served donuts, coffee and ice cream. After falling for God damn 30 minutes, he finally had enough of laughing at me and decided to buy me some ice cream as an apology. 

I smile as I look at the picture, I was pouting, trying to be mad at him and he had the biggest smile on his face. He was happy, very happy. I had finally agreed to go on a date with him after 6 months of him asking me. It was my first year of college.

"I need to fix this." I say to myself. Anthony doesn't deserve, he deserves the truth.

I go to my call log, his number being the last that called. My thumb hovers over the call button, hesitating on whether I should push the button or not. My heart started beating out of my chest. The fear of how he'll react had me switching off my phone and throwing it on my bed.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck!" I can't do this. I can't. He'll be mad. He'll be angry. He'll be sad. He'll be disappointed. What if he dumps me? I can't afford to lose him. And for what, a few minutes of sex? Really, really good sex.

I bite my lip as my mind goes to a place I do not want it to go right now. Mr Gray's office. How he kissed me. His lips against my skin. His hands. Him buried deep inside me. The fire that burned inside me when he fucked me. How good it felt.

My clit throbbed and I squeezed my thighs together. My whole body heating up as I start getting wet. I can still feel him inside me. I slowly lead my hand to that place between my thighs.

I jolt up in shock when I hear a knock on the door. Quickly pulling my hand away and suddenly realising what I've just done, and what I've almost done. And if no one's gonna say it, I will. I'm a fucking bitch.

"Candice sweetie are you okay?" My mom says on the other side of the door. "Umm yeah, I'm okay." I reply back to her. "Well okay, I just wanted to tell you that dinner's ready." "Okay mom thanks, I'll be down in a minute." "Okay honey." I hear her footsteps fade and I sit on my bed in defeat. Fuck.

"I'm a fucking terrible person." I say to myself.

I decide to freshen up and head downstairs for dinner. Finding my little brother, mom and dad already seated.

"Hey you guys". "Hey sweetie." My dad says. I go and kiss his cheek, than do the same with mom and Ben before seating down. "So, this is a suprise. What? Are you out of groceries or something?" My dad asks jokingly. I smile and shake my head. "No, I just missed you guys." "I don't believe that." Ben says giving me a suspicious look.

"Are you calling me a lier Ben?" I ask, acting offended. "I don't know. Are you?" He says raising his brow. "You wound me little brother." I say, dramatically placing my hand on my chest.

We all laugh and talk as a family. Ben telling us about his crazy childish school drama. The moment is so peaceful and happy that it makes me forget about my sticky situation for a while. It's always good to be home.

After a while, we all say our good nights and go to our seperate rooms. I get under my covers and just lay on my back. Staring into space.

The dark room representing how I'm feeling right now. The ache in my chest coming back and causing a tear to escape my eye. I just silently cry. Not knowing what else to do in this situation. I mean, I know what I have to do, but I also can't bring myself to do it.

My phone dings and lights up. I wipe my tears and take it, finding a text from an unknown number. I open it and my heart skips a beat for a minute, realising who it's from.

*I'm outside. Come out or I'll come in myself. I'm sure you wouldn't want your mom finding out you're sleeping with your lecture.*

Fucking bustard. What is he doing here? How did he even find me? Where did he get my number?

All these questions run through my head as I hurriedly fix myself up. I'm pissed and I need someone to take my anger out on. And who better than the person who caused this God damn mess in the first place.

I just need to end things with Mr Gray. Threaten him to not tell Anthony, and tell him to forget that any of this ever happened. After that, I won't have to worry about anything.

I quietly sneak my way out of the house. Careful not to wake anyone up.

It was really hot tonight, so I was only wearing my pyjama shorts and top with no bra. I didn't even care to cover up or be decent.

I see a black car 3 houses away from my house. The door opens and a man steps out. Thanks to the streetlights, I immediately see that it's Mr Gray. So, I hurry my way over to him. He opens the back door and I enter the car, and he follows. Closing the door, and I just realised how stupid I was for coming out here.

The lights were on so I could see his face clearly. He was so close to me that my body started feeling hotter than it already was. A shiver ran down my spine when he leaned closer. He did so slowly, and I found myself leaning closer too and our lips connect.