Chapter 6

Candice

We made it to school early as always because Lindiwe was the one driving. Our first class was Internet design. It's one of my favourites to be honest, and Web development, Coding and than Maths.

But I don't think I'll be enjoying maths anymore because it seems our lecture is Mr grumpy pants. But we'll see as time goes by. Maybe he's not that bad.

We attend our first three classes until it's finally our lunch, and I'm more than happy. I'm so starving, I could cry.

"Finally, I've been waiting for lunch since I got here." Hailey says as we sit down after buying our lunch. We're all foodies though. "You can say that again." I say. Lindiwe just hums as she already has her mouth stuffed with her chicken wrap.

I ordered a beef burger, but I have to remove the cheese and all the veggies in it. I hate, hate, hate veggies. The only veggies I genuinely like and enjoy are, lettuce, cabbage, raw carrot. Not cooked carrots, but raw. Butternut, potatoes and corn. Normal corn, not sweet corn.

Hailey laughs at me as always as she watched me remove the cheese and the pickles and onions and tomatoes from my burger.

"You honestly have issues girl. Like, this is good stuff." She says laughing as she takes a piece of the pickle I placed aside, shoving it in her mouth. I shake my head as I start eating my burger.

"I just don't like veggies. No crime in that." I say shrugging my shoulders after swallowing. "So you guys ready for maths?" Lindiwe asks.

We both look at each other. "He's hot isn't he?" Hailey says biting her lip. "Damn right he is, but he's scary." Lindiwe says pouting. I just keep quiet and say nothing. "And you? Why are you quiet? Say something before I shove this onion in your mouth." Hailey says threateningly waving the onion ring infront of my face.

"What is there for me to say?" I ask her. "Anything. Something. Don't you think he's hot?" She continues. "I have a boyfriend Hailey." She rolls her eyes at me. "Girl, I didn't say you don't have a boyfriend. We know Anthony is the love of your life and whatever shit you guys call each other." She starts. "But there's a difference between being attracted to someone and finding someone attractive. Just because you find someone attractive doesn't mean you want them. You're just simply appreciating their looks. Nothing more than." She says.

"Okay fine. He is very hot." I finally admit. "See? Now did you die?" Hailey asks dramatically. I just chuckle. "No I didn't." "But I'm still scared of him." Lindiwe says again out of the blue, causing me to laugh and for Hailey to roll her eyes.

"What's scary about him? At this point, I'm convinced you're terrified of anything that has a dick." Hailey says causing me to laugh even more and for Lindiwe to pout. "No I'm not." Lindiwe says defensively. "Yeah right." Hailey says, causing Lindiwe to fold her arms looking away with a little pouty frown. Pouting is her thing.

"Okay Lindiwe babes, I'm joking. But I'm also serious. You should go out more and get yourself someone. There's no crime in that." Hailey says. Lindiwe just sighs looking down. She starts playing with her fingers and biting her lip. Hailey and I look at each other because we know she has something to say whenever she does that.

"Okay bitch. Spit it out, now." I demand. "Spit what out? I don't have anything to spit out." She says defensively not even looking us in the eyes. "Bitch, you better start talking before I smack your ass in the face." Hailey's crazy, no nonsense self finally says. Lindiwe flinches a little before looking at us, and looking down again.

"So. There's this guy." She starts. "Yeah, and?" Hailey asked interrupting her. "Let her finish Hailey." I say to her and she huffs, tapping the table impatiently, whilst looking at Lindiwe.

"Well, he's a man actually." She paused. "I really like him, and we've been having kind of a situationship. We haven't had sex, but yeah." She says and continues looking down. "Finally, about God damn time you got your ass someone." Hailey says with a sheepish grin whilst pinching Lindiwe's cheek. She slaps her hand away and pouts.

"Why didn't you tell us though?" I ask her. "Well, cause he's older than me. Like, really old." She confesses. "How old?" Hailey asks as she continues with her wrap. "He's 10 years my senior." My eyes go wide in shock. "Damn bitch." I say before I can even stop myself. "Don't judge me." She says like she's wants to cry. Burying her face in her hands.

"No, no, I'm not judging. I'm just shocked to be honest. But I'm not judging, please don't get me wrong." I say trying to even things out before they get out of hand.

"Well, I've fucked a man 30 years older than me. So, I don't care. The older, the better. Only if they still have good stamina though." Hailey says that like it's the most normal thing to say. But I'm glad she did because it makes Lindiwe to chuckle and smile. Her shoulders relax like she's been terrified this whole time.

"I really like him you know. He treats me so good and he's such a gentleman with me. He's kind, patient, wise, caring and an amazing listener." Lindiwe says smiling. I smile too as I look at my friend being happy.

"Does he make you happy?" I ask her. "Yeah. He really does." She says smiling. "Well than, that's what matters. As long as you're happy with him and he treats you good, there's nothing more to say." I say giving her my best smile.

"Him being older does bug you doesn't it?" She asks and I immediately feel bad. "No it doesn't honestly. Like I said, I was just shocked that all." I say. "Would you date an older guy?" Hailey asks looking at me.

I pause to think about it. Would I? Nah, I just couldn't. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with liking older guys, but they're not for me. A 5 year age gap is more than enough for me. "I don't know, but I don't think I would. But that's just me you guys. Don't take this the wrong way Lindiwe." I say again, trying to make her understand that I wasn't judging or anything.

They just nod their heads and we stay in uncomfortable silence until it's time for our class.

Please vote✯, comment💬, and share🔄