Chapter 16

Candice

I leave the school without looking back. Taking a cab straight home. I cried my whole way there, I'm sure the poor driver was annoyed, but I couldn't hold them back.

What have done? How will I make this right? What will I say to Anthony? I'm scared of even telling my friends about this. I'm so ashamed of myself.

I get home and I head straight to my room, locking the door and throwing myself on my bed. I scream on my pillow as I let the tears fall.

I hear my phone ring and I don't even bother to check who it is. I'm sure it's Anthony, wondering where I am. I'm supposed to be there with him, supporting him, being a good girlfriend. But I've just cheated on him with his coach.

I decided to freshen up and change. I pack a few clothes and leave a note for Hailey and Lindiwe telling them that I'll be gone for a while. The only person I need right now is my mom, the only person I know will make me feel better.

I take a cab to my mom's new place with dad. I know she's home because she's been working from home for a while now.

I knock on the door and wait. She's shocked to see me when she opens the door but the tears in my eyes just make her pull me in for a hug.

"Oh sweetheart what's wrong? Talk to me." She says as she rubs my back, trying to calm me down. We were now seated on the couch with me cuddled up in her warm embrace.

"I messed up mom. I did something so bad and I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for it." I say between sobs. "What happened Candice? Talk to me." "I hurt Anthony ma. I hurt him so bad." I say and cry even more.

"Shh, it's okay baby. It's okay. Talk to me now, what did you do?" I pull away from her embrace and wipe away my tears. I look down and play with my fingers, I don't even know where to start.

"I cheated on him." I say and another tear escapes my eye. She keeps quiet and I continue. I tell her everything that happened, from the crush I had for Mr Gray, the dreams, what happened in his office and than about today.

"Wow." She says. "I don't know what to do ma. I don't know how I can fix this." "The first thing you should do is to tell Anthony." She says, pulling me into her embrace again. "I'm scared." I say honestly. "I know, and you should be. What you did was very wrong Candice. That boy loves you so much." "I know mama I..." "Let me finish." She says raising her voice a little and I whisper a sorry.

"I'm not gonna sugarcoat anything here sweetie. You were wrong, and I'm glad you know that too. What makes this whole thing messed up is the fact that Anthony didn't do anything that may have led you into cheating on him. I'm not saying there's a good enough reason for cheating, but sometimes people do so when they feel neglected by their partner or something like that. So, I want you to own up to what you did and apologize. Tell Anthony everything, where it all started and how it all led to today."

"But what if he hates me ma? What if he doesn't forgive me? Or worse, what if he breaks up with me?" I say crying. The reality of what might happen if Anthony were to find this out breaking my heart and making me scared. The fear of losing him is too much to bear.

"Would you blame him though if he felt that way or did that?" She asks me and I shake my head no. "Exactly. You have to put yourself in his shoes. How would you have felt if he was the one who cheated on you?" "I would probably be mad, heartbroken and I wouldn't want anything to do with him." I cry even more. What have I done?

"I don't like cheating, I don't support it. And just cause you're my daughter, that doesn't mean I'll overlook it just because you did it. But... I hope things will work out between you and Anthony. I know how much he loves you, and how much you love him too. It may not be easy, but I'd advise for you to also give him time. Don't rush him into forgiving you or playing the victim, but just make sure that you make him trust you again." "Thanks mom." She kisses my forehead and we just stay silent. Comfortable silence.

She's right about everything. I hurt Anthony, and I have to apologize. It won't be easy for him to trust me, or believe that I regret it, but I still have to be patient with him. He's a great guy, the best guy and I ruined it. He's done nothing but treat me good, and I ruined it because I failed to control myself and slept with Mr Gray.

I stayed in my mom's arms until I fell asleep. Waking up when I hear my phone ringing. I look for it and answer the call without even checking who it is.

"Hello." I say, still sleepy and rubbing my eyes. I look around me and I notice I'm in my room, dad must've brought me here. It's dark outside. How long have I been asleep?

"Candice? Where are you?" Fuck it's Anthony. "Hey baby. I'm at my mom's place." I say getting off bed and switching on the lights. "Why, what's wrong? Is she okay?" He asks worried and a pained smile leaves my lips. "Yeah she's okay. I'm the one who's not."

"What's wrong? Are you sick? Did something happen to you?" "Anthony calm down please." I say and I feel tears stinging my eyes again. "Than tell me what's wrong." Fuck I can't do this. I can't tell him. He's going to be so hurt. He's going to hate me.

"I just really miss Amanda." I say and cry. Not only because I lied, but also cause I hate that I used her as an excused. She would be so disappointed in me right now if she were here.

"Oh baby, I'm sorry. I know how much she meant to you. I can come over if you want. But it's okay too if you just want to spend time with your mom." "Yeah I think I'll be with mom for a while. I'll text you before I sleep okay?" "Okay no problem. I love you okay? Never forget that." He says and my heart breaks. "I love you too." I say and quickly drop the call.

Justice for all the good genuine guys out there who get hurt and cheated on❤️.