Chapter 7

Candice

We make it to maths, and everyone doesn't seem happy about it. Atleast we're not the only ones.

We take our usual seats at the front row. Waiting for the lecture to start. He was already here when we arrived, just typing away in his laptop.

He didn't even lift up his head to look at everyone as we made our way inside the lecture hall.

"I'm so scared." Lindiwe whispers, causing Hailey and I to chuckle. "Scared of what plum cheeks?" Felix, asks from behind us loud enough for everyone to hear. He's in our class too, and a nuisance. He likes teasing Lindiwe for being chubby, and calls her plum cheeks because she has a nice round butt.

His outburst causes Mr Gray to lift up his head, looking at us with his dark green eyes. The class immediately goes quiet. So quiet that I think everyone is holding their breaths or something.

He gets out of his sit, and comes to stand infront of us like he did last time. He scans the entire room, not saying a word.

My phone decided now to just ring, my ringtone being so God damn loud, causing everyone's eyes to be on me. How in the world did I forget to put it on silence, and who is calling me at this time?

I quickly take out my phone, dropping the call without even checking who's calling and putting it on, do not disturb. I clear my throat as I look up to find Mr Gray's eyes on me.

I don't know if he's mad or not, it's hard to tell with his expressionless face. I gulp as he continues staring at me, now making me a bit uncomfortable that I start shifting in my seat.

He finally takes his gaze off me and I can finally relax. "Good day everyone. I hope you guys went over the activity I posted on your student portal. It's just a recap of what you did last semester." He says, and luckily we did it.

Everyone agrees to having done it, and he looks pleased. His eyes land on me again before he turns around and starts with today's lesson. It's not something new cause we're familiar with most of the things that we'll be doing for this semester.

After class, everyone leaves the hall and I finally take out my phone to check who was calling, only to see that it was Anthony. Maybe he forgot that I had a class, he has my timetable and I have his too.

We exit the lecture hall, with me falling behind a bit as I try to call Anthony, maybe whatever he was calling me for was important.

I flinch in shock when I suddenly feel arms around me and a kiss on the cheek. I turn my head to see it's Anthony. I smile back, relaxing before giving him a baby kiss.

"Hey baby." I greet him, as he finally pulls away. Taking my hand as he walks me to my next lecture. "You good babes?" He asks. "I'm okay, I just missed you." I confess looking away and blushing. "Oh really?" He asks giving me a smirk.

I just ignore him looking anywhere but him. He chuckles and pulls me under the steps. His lips immediately attach to mine and I kiss him back. Grabbing his neck, pulling him closer to me.

He grabs my waist, as he pushes his body against mine. Before things can get heated, someone clears their throat and we quickly pull away. My eyes widen when I see that it's Mr Gray.

"Oh Mr Gray. How are you sir?" Anthony greets him cheerfully and so normally like he didn't just catch us making out under the steps. "I'm good Anthony, and how are you?" Okay? So these two know each other.

"I'm good, not complaining." Anthony says, he pulls me closer by the waist and I could die from embarassment. "This is my girlfriend Candice, my future wife and mother of my kids." Anthony says and I blush but I'm also embarassed. Like, this is my fucking lecture for crying out loud.

"Oh really? So this is the famous Candice you've been talking about in practice?" Mr Gray asks. Talking? Practice? What the hell?

"Yep, this is her. Anyways, I was actually walking her to class. So I'll see you at practice coach." Coach? Mr Gray, is a football coach?

"Of course, we wouldn't want her to be late for class now would we? Right Candice?" He asks, now looking at me. "Uh, yes. Yes sir." I say and continue looking down. "Well, bye coach." Anthony says grabbing my hand and leading me up the steps to my next lecture hall.

"Mr Gray is your coach?" I ask him, as we walk up the steps. "Yeah he is. I met him last week actually. Since we opened earlier than you guys. He's a really cool coach and knows his stuff." He says. I just nod my head and stay quiet. I mean, what can I say really? I honestly did not take him for a football guy, especially being a coach.

We finally make it to my business analyst class, and I give Anthony a hug and promised to see him tonight, before getting inside the lecture hall.

I look around for my friends and I literally fly to them when I spot them. "You guys will not believe what I just found out." I say the minute I sit down. "What?" They both ask at the same time.

I look around the room before leaning closer to whisper to them. "Mr Gray is a freaking football coach. Anthony's coach." Their eyes widen. "Really? Mr too serious grumpy pants is a coach?How did you even find that out?" Hailey asks. "Well, I was with Anthony, and we kinda had a make out session under the steps. And he happened to see us. I was so embarassed about it, but Anthony was cool about it. Than they started talking about me and shit."

"Wait hold up, he found y'all lip locking?" Lindiwe says with her eyes wide open in shock. "Yes, but let's not talk about that part. I'm still dying of embarrassment because of it." I say burying my face in my hands. "Okay we won't talk about that. Now, why were they taking about you?" Lindiwe asks me again.

"Well, turns out Anthony tells everybody about us. So, he introduced me to him, and Mr Gray was like, "so this is the famous Candice you've been talking about." I swear I wanted for a hole to open up and swallow me whole." I say, all the embarassment coming back.

"Girl, what are you so stressed and embarassed about? It's not like he doesn't know that people kiss and fuck all the time." Hailey just says blankly. Honestly, I don't understand this girl sometimes. "He's our maths lecture." I try to reason with her. "So?" She asks. I just stare at her blankly. "You know what. Forget it." I say shaking my head. But maybe I am overreacting a little.

The lecture finally comes and starts with the lesson.